CHL Football 23

Finneytown might be 3-0 following non-conference. Week #2 vs St. Bernard and week #3 vs Lockland, I think are winnable games. Definitely would answer the question do they fit better in the MVC. Speaking of which, does Ftown have a JV team?

1 day away from the Craziness starting! Good luck to all the CHL teams!

Week 1 predictions

DP vs Purcell - Purcell is super athletic (watched them in 7v7 and a scrimmage) new High energy HC , opening up a new stadium I think DP gets rolled- 35-13

FT vs Attica - FT is bad but Attica is worse than them. FT should have the athletes to pull out a win - 24-12

IH - Roger Bacon- we will see if year to With Rodenberg is any better. Having Podigil back should help (no Hayden though) I think this will be close but IH pulls off the win at home. 28-20

Madeira vs Norwood- Breidenbach tore them up last year for 3 TD in the Air and 2 on the ground. Should be alot of the same. Madeira big 30-12

MM vs Oakwood. MM lost this last year close. and MM was ALLL over the place last year Kinda like in basektball it was the stewart show vs Oakwood. I am saying oakwood by 2 scores 28-13

Reading vs woodward- woodward lost alot of kids to transfers once Pflug left. not the same team as last year. Reading lost Engel to Harrison. Reading will be more disciplined and run the ball down and wear em down. Readings wins 28-12

Taylor vs Harrison- Skilled player wise I think Taylor matches Harrison man for man. O/D line Harrison will have the upper hand (taylor starting 2 freshmen on the O line) PLace will be rocking and is almost sold out! I think it will be close. Im going with Taylor 27-21

Wyoming vs Ross- Will be an interesting match up. Wyoming is out of the Hester era. who is the next dude? B/c Prater/Hester gave them 6-7 years of REALLY one sided football. Ross is going to be big up front. I think Wyoming gets this one 23-10 (wyoming outscored its non league opponent's 91-0 last year) and 2 of their top 3 guys on Defense return (Hauer and Gray)

Finneytown might be 3-0 following non-conference. Week #2 vs St. Bernard and week #3 vs Lockland, I think are winnable games. Definitely would answer the question do they fit better in the MVC. Speaking of which, does Ftown have a JV team?

St Bernard beat FT 22-7 last season en route to grabbing the #9 seed in R28. They return the MVC's leading rusher and will be a tough match-up again.

I thought that stud at St. Bernard graduated. I saw him wrestler one weekend, he was man among boys.

The guy you're thinking of did graduate. They return a rising Junior who shared the backfield workload with him last season and ended up outrushing him by 100-odd yards for the season.

I fed these games into the Massey database and here are the predictions it churned out. It's worth remembering that these are based on historical results only; his computer knows nothing about players graduating/entering programs since last year. More of a curiosity than anything at this point of the season I suppose, but maybe the massive database is worth something in a game like Ft's where you have to run a pretty long chain to get to any common opponents.

Deer Park 24, Purcell Marian 21
Finneytown 42, Attica 8
Indian Hill 27, Roger Bacon 21
Madeira 42, Norwood 7
Oakwood 28, Mariemont 21
Reading 42, Woodward 12
Harrison 34, Taylor 20
Wyoming 28, Ross 21

Hmm. Except for the first, those are actually pretty reasonable. I'm impressed. And who knew anyone had a database with practically every HS score in the country for the last two decades?

Top Three Storylines for Week One:
Wyoming- very clear for a long time (Marty/Prater/Hester) who the top dog was... how will they handle the transition?
Indian Hill- Official Rodenberg era and senior class of destiny. How big has the Arcuri to Rodenberg impact really been?
Taylor- Hype train derailed last year. Breakthrough?

All the “Indian Hill/Wyoming receivers” are great is hogwash compared to Mcfarland

McFarland= McSTARland

Last years game against Madeira - he BLEW by Madeira north South MVP MAX AUTRY on a post route/gained 20 yds post catch on Autry

🥛 already had a full ride offer from D1 West Virginia before entering hills sophomore year

best pure WR in CHL IN PAST 30 yrs
(Including Ted Bolster from IH and Mark DeCamp from Mariemont (Chico State)

he led the league in regular season receiving YDS as a FRESHMAN

UNGUARDABLE

All the “Indian Hill/Wyoming receivers” are great is hogwash compared to Mcfarland

McFarland= McSTARland

Last years game against Madeira - he BLEW by Madeira north South MVP MAX AUTRY on a post route/gained 20 yds post catch on Autry

🥛 already had a full ride offer from D1 West Virginia before entering hills sophomore year

UNGUARDABLE
You don't guard anyone in football. You cover. This isn't basketball

McFarland= McSTARland

UNGUARDABLE
LOL...he had more than 4 catches in a game one time...once. That includes a 1 catch for 7 yard effort against Wyoming. Seems to me that he was pretty 'guardable' for 70% of the games he played. He torched Finneytown and Reading..so there's that.

A big reason Aaron finish with close to 800 yds last year was B/C Rudisell got hurt in the 2nd qtr of the DP game for the Jackets.

Rudisell didnt play another down the rest of the year (missed 5 full games and 2 1/2 qtrs) and still finished 7th in the CHL in rec'ing yds.

Rudisell has put in a TON of work this off season and looks REALLY good and ready for a huge senior season.

For these #'s to carry over again though that line is going to have to give Mcgowan time to throw the ball and they are going to have to establish a run game that lost Jones-Royalty who had 800+ yards last year.

Just some cool "facts from the past 5 years.

week 1-3 records by school

Wyoming 15-0 (wyoming hasnt lost a non league regular season game since 2014 vs McNick 27-16 note wyoming only scored in the 4th qtr)
Maderia 12-3
Mariemont 11-4
DP 10-5
Reading 8-7
IH 7-8
Taylor 6-9
FT 6-8 (game vs Hillcrest wasnt played in 2019 for week 3)

McFarland= McSTARland

UNGUARDABLE
Yep... remember this from last year... all part of the early-season Taylor hype-train

Yep... remember this from last year... all part of the early-season Taylor hype-train
Who was the hype coming from? I dont recall too many people talking Taylor way over board?
I obviously root for the jackets I am an Alum and my kids currently play sports there but I am probably one of the most realistic posters there are on here and I dont recall it.

Did McFarland have a pretty good freshmen year , yes BUT alot of it was due to The other big receiver being injured

Fantastic 50 projections from CHL schools

Wyoming 10-0
Madeira 8-2
Reading 6-4
Taylor 4-6
IH 4-6
DP 3-7
MM 3-7
FT 1-9

Who was the hype coming from? I dont recall too many people talking Taylor way over board?
I obviously root for the jackets I am an Alum and my kids currently play sports there but I am probably one of the most realistic posters there are on here and I dont recall it.

Did McFarland have a pretty good freshmen year , yes BUT alot of it was due to The other big receiver being injured
Could be mistaken but recall a few posters going nuts about the exposiveness of offense after the early wins. Does not matter anymore. We'll see what shakes out early this year and make some assessments.

Could be mistaken but recall a few posters going nuts about the exposiveness of offense after the early wins. Does not matter anymore. We'll see what shakes out early this year and make some assessments.
Yea for sure! Greenon wasnt horrible. but Gamble (as I know Robert Rachael REALLY well their HC and his sons plays football and baseball at Badin) is not a team Taylor should play IMO. maybe in a few down years (gamble doesn't have anything to lose)

Good start to the night for the CHL. Some early final scores.

Wyoming 16
Ross 12

Finneytown 28
Attica (IN) 0

Reading 47
Woodward 0

Mariemont 22
Oakwood 19

More finals coming in.

Madeira 42
Norwood 7

Harrison 37
Taylor 8

Roger Bacon 33
Indian Hill 20

Purcell Marian 40
Deer Park 22

CHL finishes 5-3 for Week 1.

Harrison may be better than we think.
What the heck happened at IH?
Indian Hill led early 14-0 and Roger Bacon had a 1 point lead early in the 4th quarter. Sounds like turnovers were a problem for Indian Hill.

Taylor loses big. Former Blue Devil Dickie Engel was a big contributor. Harrison ran all over Taylor.

Wyoming seems to have had a grind out type win against Ross. I think they will be "down" for their standards, but I still think they have no problems winning CHL.

Mariemont seemed to play somewhat better than expected, but Oakwood isn't great either. Some new contributors for Mariemont. Charlie Tully played well as new QB.

No surprises to me week #1 outside of IH. QB went down early 3rd with a shoulder injury. Did not look good. The Braves just have no identity on offense. Penalty after Penalty and the defense gave up too many big plays, especially at end of game.