Chiefs at Bills (1/21)

Who wins?

• Chiefs

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Bills

Votes: 7 53.8%

• Total voters
Allen’s a good QB but seems to fall flat in big games. He missed several open receivers on that last drive. Give me Joe cool or Mahomey any day and twice on Sunday

Allen’s a good QB but seems to fall flat in big games. He missed several open receivers on that last drive. Give me Joe cool or Mahomey any day and twice on Sunday
This is a lazy narrative pushed by elements of the sports media who haven't been able to accept that their predictions that Allen would fail in the NFL blew up on them.

BTW, what "big games" did Allen fall flat in? His playoff numbers are fantastic and I think he is either the #1 or #2 rated playoff QB just ahead of or just behind Mahomes (They go back & forth). His career playoff stats include a 5 - 5 record; 27 total TD's and only 6 turnovers; with 2723 passing yards & 21 TD's/4 INT's & 563 rushing yards & 6 TD's. His QB rating over the 10 playoff games is 100.0

In a big 2020 playoff game Allen was great against Indy: 324 passing yards & 2 TD passes with 0 INT's; 54 rushing yards & 1 TD; No turnovers.

In back to back 2021 playoff games Allen was great against NE & KC: 637 passing yards & 9 TD passes with 0 INT's; 134 rushing yards

In big late season games that decided the championship of the AFC East in 2021, 2022 & 2023 Allen had: 977 passing yards with 9 TD's & 2 INT's and he also had 208 yards rushing.

As for Allen missing receivers yesterday, he missed Shakir in the end zone on a play in which his left tackle was driven back into him as he released the ball. Even Allen will struggle to fire a laser off his back foot 45 yards. Allen also had 60 yard and 45 yard passes dropped.

And while I think Burrow is a fantastic QB, availability is the best ability and Allen has it al over Joe there.

This is a lazy narrative pushed by elements of the sports media who haven't been able to accept that their predictions that Allen would fail in the NFL blew up on them.

BTW, what "big games" did Allen fall flat in? His playoff numbers are fantastic and I think he is either the #1 or #2 rated playoff QB just ahead of or just behind Mahomes (They go back & forth). His career playoff stats include a 5 - 5 record; 27 total TD's and only 6 turnovers; with 2723 passing yards & 21 TD's/4 INT's & 563 rushing yards & 6 TD's. His QB rating over the 10 playoff games is 100.0

In a big 2020 playoff game Allen was great against Indy: 324 passing yards & 2 TD passes with 0 INT's; 54 rushing yards & 1 TD; No turnovers.

In back to back 2021 playoff games Allen was great against NE & KC: 637 passing yards & 9 TD passes with 0 INT's; 134 rushing yards

In big late season games that decided the championship of the AFC East in 2021, 2022 & 2023 Allen had: 977 passing yards with 9 TD's & 2 INT's and he also had 208 yards rushing.

As for Allen missing receivers yesterday, he missed Shakir in the end zone on a play in which his left tackle was driven back into him as he released the ball. Even Allen will struggle to fire a laser off his back foot 45 yards. Allen also had 60 yard and 45 yard passes dropped.

And while I think Burrow is a fantastic QB, availability is the best ability and Allen has it al over Joe there.
You like stats, I prefer wins and your guy falls flat in the playoffs. He didn’t play well against the Chefs on Sunday or against the Bengals last year. Not lazy, just facts

You like stats, I prefer wins and your guy falls flat in the playoffs. He didn’t play well against the Chefs on Sunday or against the Bengals last year. Not lazy, just facts
Allen has led the Bills to 4 straight AFC East titles, 5 straight playoff seasons, 5 straight seasons with 10 or more wins, 4 straight seasons with 11 or more wins and a 61 - 27 regular season record over the last 5 seasons. It seems like winning games isn't exactly Allen's problem. Throw in a decent 5 - 5 playoff record in which one of the losses was in a game that Allen handed his team a lead with 13 seconds left and your ignorance of all things Allen speaks volumes.

Maybe you should look at the Bills offense over the last 5 seasons and other then Diggs point out the super stars? Cook may develop into a top flight RB but he dropped 4 easy TD passes this season and lost multiple fumbles to go along with his outstanding rushing stats. Kincaid is a promising rookie who I think will be an elite TE going forward but this is his first year.

The Bills O line over the last 5 years has been as bad as the Bengals but you don't see that in the stat line because Allen has elite escapability.

And for the record Allen played great yesterday. The Bills lost because their injury ravaged D could not stop the Chiefs.

IMO McDermitt is an average coach whose specialty is the Defense. This is a problem because in the playoffs McD's D has played poorly in 9 out of the 10 playoff games Allen has QBed. McD is Marvin Lewis with a much better QB.

Allen has led the Bills to 4 straight AFC East titles, 5 straight playoff seasons, 5 straight seasons with 10 or more wins, 4 straight seasons with 11 or more wins and a 61 - 27 regular season record over the last 5 seasons. It seems like winning games isn't exactly Allen's problem. Throw in a decent 5 - 5 playoff record in which one of the losses was in a game that Allen handed his team a lead with 13 seconds left and your ignorance of all things Allen speaks volumes.

Maybe you should look at the Bills offense over the last 5 seasons and other then Diggs point out the super stars? Cook may develop into a top flight RB but he dropped 4 easy TD passes this season and lost multiple fumbles to go along with his outstanding rushing stats. Kincaid is a promising rookie who I think will be an elite TE going forward but this is his first year.

The Bills O line over the last 5 years has been as bad as the Bengals but you don't see that in the stat line because Allen has elite escapability.

And for the record Allen played great yesterday. The Bills lost because their injury ravaged D could not stop the Chiefs.

IMO McDermitt is an average coach whose specialty is the Defense. This is a problem because in the playoffs McD's D has played poorly in 9 out of the 10 playoff games Allen has QBed. McD is Marvin Lewis with a much better QB.
I get that you’re a fan of Allen, but stats are for losers. A QB is judged on playoff wins and getting to the Super Bowl. Josh falls below Burrow and is not even on the same planet as Mahomey. He’s a fine player and fun to watch but he is not an elite QB IMO no matter how much the media pushes it. He reminds me of Lamar or a Fouts as far as stats galore, no results.