Chiefs at Bills (1/21)

Who wins?

• Chiefs

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Bills

Votes: 7 53.8%

• Total voters

Bills are much fiercer, especially in Buffalo, than Miami is in record cold. It all hinges on Allen. If he plays well, they win easily. He has one of his off-games... gets much harder for Bills to win.

Another two feet of snow fell on Buffalo and the South Towns including Orchard Park this week. That brings the 10 day total snowfall to between 4 - 6 ft! The good news is that game time conditions will be fine with temps in the low to mid 20's, light winds (10 - 20 mph which is light near the lake) and no snow.

This time a massive crowd showed up to shovel and they had to turn a bunch away:

Cripes almighty, for once in Buffalo, and Bills won just about every statistical category except scoreboard

AFC East, fraudulent

Ticket brokers would've been printing money with a Lions-Bills Super Bowl. Saw a clip a few days ago regarding the large number of Lions fans who have already stated that they're willing to pay whatever it takes to attend the Super Bowl if the Lions make it. I'm guessing there were plenty of championship-starved Bills fans willing to do the same.

Meanwhile, the league still has a shot to maximize exposure with the Chiefs still in the mix. A Super Bowl, in Las Vegas, with Taylor Swift in attendance, oh my!

Incidentally, I would have never known that shirtless dude was Jason Kelce. The beer can looked like nothing in his hand!

Only thing that's gonna depress Lions fans buying resale for the NFCCG is that it's in SF and the tickets are going to be high priced just for being in San Francisco. There's still gonna be a ton of Michigan-based transplants in NorCal that will be there. For a Super Bowl, in Las Vegas, the demand for tickets from a potential Lions Super Bowl would be unreal. Flights are cheap, hotels would be decent.... and the only issue is tickets.

Going back to the game. Bills blew this one. The 4th down failure. Even if saved by the touchback. Shouldn't have come down to a FG anyways.

Look at other stats. It was a game Bills blew an opportunity

Fraud. U. Lent
What other stats? TOP? Like Howard Cosell always said it is not how long you have the football but what you do with it that counts. KC had 6 plays of 20 yds. or more, Buffalo zero. It was a good game; both teams missed opportunities, in the end it came down to a missed FG. nothing more nothing less.

What other stats? TOP? Like Howard Cosell always said it is not how long you have the football but what you do with it that counts. KC had 6 plays of 20 yds. or more, Buffalo zero. It was a good game; both teams missed opportunities, in the end it came down to a missed FG. nothing more nothing less.
This. In the postgame show, Esiason pointed out that KC was extremely efficient on offense. Take away 4 kneel-downs, and the Chiefs ran only 43 plays to score 27 pts. and were 1/2 yard from it being 34 pts. on 43 meaningful plays.

Going forward, the problem I see for Buffalo is that Josh Allen could end up like Cam Newton - an MVP-caliber player whose skills suddenly vanish from all the hits he endures as a runner. I love watching him play and think it's cool that he means as much as he does to the Buffalo community, so I do not want to see his career drastically cut short by the cumulative effect of all the contact he takes on while running the ball.

Last edited:
This. In the postgame show, Esiason pointed out that KC was extremely efficient on offense. Take away 4 kneel-downs, and the Chiefs ran only 43 plays to score 27 pts. and were 1/2 yard from it being 34 pts. on 43 meaningful plays.

Going forward, the problem I see for Buffalo is that Josh Allen could end up like Cam Newton - an MVP-caliber player whose skills suddenly vanish from all the hits he endures as a runner. I love watching him play and think it's cool that he means as much as he does to the Buffalo community, so I want to see his career drastically cut short by the cumulative effect of all the contact he takes on while running the ball.
Agree but Allen like Lamar has to use his legs to be a great QB. Allen nor Lamar are great pocket QB's. It is why I like QB's like Stroud pocket QB's who can move in the pocket but not run. Joe Burrow could learn from Stroud if he wants to be in the league a long time. Running QB's (QB's who use their legs a lot) do not have long careers in the NFL.

Only thing that's gonna depress Lions fans buying resale for the NFCCG is that it's in SF and the tickets are going to be high priced just for being in San Francisco. There's still gonna be a ton of Michigan-based transplants in NorCal that will be there. For a Super Bowl, in Las Vegas, the demand for tickets from a potential Lions Super Bowl would be unreal. Flights are cheap, hotels would be decent.... and the only issue is tickets.

Going back to the game. Bills blew this one. The 4th down failure. Even if saved by the touchback. Shouldn't have come down to a FG anyways.
Completely agree with the bolded. KC took a 27-24 lead 40 seconds into the 4th. The Bills had 3 drives in the 4th that resulted in 3 Allen runs for 18 yards, 4 Cook runs for minus 6 yards, Allen going 7/14 passing for 44 yards, a failed fake punt attempt, a terrible drop by Diggs (on a great deep ball in the same direction of the missed FG) then the missed FG. They still could have gotten the ball back with around 45 seconds to go if they would have stopped what everyone in the country knew was coming - #15 handing the ball to #10. Bills deserved this loss.

Going forward, the problem I see for Buffalo is that Josh Allen could end up like Cam Newton - an MVP-caliber player whose skills suddenly vanish from all the hits he endures as a runner. I love watching him play and think it's cool that he means as much as he does to the Buffalo community, so I want to see his career drastically cut short by the cumulative effect of all the contact he takes on while running the ball.
I don't see that as a problem. Allen has been remarkably resistant to injury as he has not missed a game since the middle of his rookie season in 2018. That's 98 straight games (playoffs and regular season). Burrow, Prescott & Jackson have been shown to be more vulnerable to missing time due to injury then Allen.

Allen is also a much better pure passer then Newton. Allen is extremely productive, both running and passing the football. He has an NFL record that may never be broken and likely will keep accumulating going forward - 4 straight seasons with more then 40 total TD's. This season alone when you combine passing & rushing for the regular season and playoffs (19 games):

Passing = 4695 yards, 33 TD's & 18 INT's
Rushing = 670 yards, 18 TD's & 3 lost fumbles
Total = 5365 yards, 51 TD's & 21 TO's.

The issue with the Bills is that they have a defensive minded HC & GM who have over the last 5 years spent the lions share of the FA money & Draft capital on defensive players. The ONLY big move to add an elite Offensive pay maker to help Allen was the signing of Diggs in 2020. That's it. And now Diggs is rapidly fading away as a #1 WR. Did everyone see that dropped 60 yard bomb yesterday?

IMO if over the last 5 years Allen QBed the Bengals, Chiefs, Eagles, Dolphins, Cowboys or 49's (maybe even the Browns) he would have at least one and likely more then one Super Bowl wins to his credit. The Bills won't move on from McDermitt but if I owned the team I would fire McDermitt and solicit the top offensive minded head coaching candidates out there and say "who wants to coach Josh Allen AND have control of personnel?" The Bills would get the best of the best competing for the job.

The fact is that McDermitt is Marvin Lewis with a much better QB.

I don't see that as a problem. Allen has been remarkably resistant to injury as he has not missed a game since the middle of his rookie season in 2018. That's 98 straight games (playoffs and regular season). Burrow, Prescott & Jackson have been shown to be more vulnerable to missing time due to injury then Allen.
I realize you are a Bills fan, which is fine, but taking the stance that "Every other QB might get hurt running, but Josh Allen is indestructible" is a bit naive. He's a very good QB, fun to watch, and a big strong guy, but he cannot do this forever. Nick Chubb is an extreme physical freak, and his leg got destroyed. Allen has got to start being more careful. There is a reason most RBs are toast by age 30 at the latest.

Agree but Allen like Lamar has to use his legs to be a great QB. Allen nor Lamar are great pocket QB's. It is why I like QB's like Stroud pocket QB's who can move in the pocket but not run. Joe Burrow could learn from Stroud if he wants to be in the league a long time. Running QB's (QB's who use their legs a lot) do not have long careers in the NFL.
When has Burrow had a solid OL in Cincinnati?

I realize you are a Bills fan, which is fine, but taking the stance that "Every other QB might get hurt running, but Josh Allen is indestructible" is a bit naive. He's a very good QB, fun to watch, and a big strong guy, but he cannot do this forever. Nick Chubb is an extreme physical freak, and his leg got destroyed. Allen has got to start being more careful. There is a reason most RBs are toast by age 30 at the latest.
Pointing out that Allen has been the least injured QB of the last 6 years playing the style he's playing is hardly calling him indestructible. The fact remains that for all those predicting he would be injury prone as a result of his play have been wrong.

Sure that could change in Allen's next game but my sense is after watching him play and seeing his size Allen probably has 5 more years he can play like he is today. In his early 30's he'll have to run less and use the pocket more. I have no doubt given his big arm and solid accuracy that Allen can transition into a pocket passer and continue to flourish into his late 30's.

Bills fans are still mumbling "wide right" again...
Yes we are but we're also realistic and it's likely that Mahomes with over a minute and a half and a TO would have easily marched the Chiefs down for the winning FG. The Bills had to many defensive injuries to stop them.