CFP Title Game: Michigan vs Washington

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I disagree. And we have actual proof of Texas-Alabama playing to refute your position.
So I guess there is no need to pair up 2 teams in the playoffs if they have already matched up earlier in the year? A team is rarely the same game 2, as they are game 12. While it is a data point what happened in game 2, it isn't the be all end all.

No you don't have any proof. You would have proof if Alabama would have played Texas in the playoffs. Who was the better team at the end of the regular season? I have proof Oklahoma beat Texas after Texas beat Alabama. By your reasoning Oklahoma must be better than both Texas and Alabama. Why wasn't Oklahoma in the playoffs? Who were the actual 4 best teams after the regular season ended? I would say Michigan, Georgia, Alabama and OSU. I don't believe Texas or Washington would beat any of them on a neutral field immediately after the regular season had ended.
Texas last 3 games:
Beat Texas Tech 52-7
Beat Oklahoma St 49-21
Lost to Washington 37-31

Alabama last 3 games:
Beat Auburn 27-24
Beat Georgia 27-24
Lost to Michigan 27-20 in OT

Texas was playing lights out down the stretch once Ewers came back from his injury. Alabama had a miracle completed to beat their rival on Thanksgiving weekend. Alabama played their best game of the year against Georgia, sandwiched between two ugly performances against Auburn and Michigan, but sure they were playing better.

I think Washington and Texas both beat OSU. The Buckeyes weren't that strong up fron on either LOS. And their QB play wasn't spectacular. Georgia likely beats both teams, they would have had a similar game to Michigan vs Washington I think, but Texas would have been interesting. Texas was really good up from on both LOS. They were dreadful in the secondary.

So I guess there is no need to pair up 2 teams in the playoffs if they have already matched up earlier in the year? A team is rarely the same game 2, as they are game 12. While it is a data point what happened in game 2, it isn't the be all end all.
Sure but what happened in Alabama-Auburn? That data point looked real impressive.

Everyone seems to ignore that result because next week they beat Georgia, when half the year Georgia looked pedestrian. The SEC was not as good as they have been and people can't fathom that being the case.

Really a lot of blah, blah, blah, blah going on now. It's over. "THE" Michigan Wolverines are National Champions! No other team can say that. Hail To the Victors!! 15-0. Mission complete!!!!

Really a lot of blah, blah, blah, blah going on now. It's over. "THE" Michigan Wolverines are National Champions! No other team can say that. Hail To the Victors!! 15-0. Mission complete!!!!
Next year, it's to be the Champ, you have to beat the Champs.

In case anyone forgot, the Champs reside in A2

Texas last 3 games:
Beat Texas Tech 52-7
Beat Oklahoma St 49-21
Lost to Washington 37-31

Alabama last 3 games:
Beat Auburn 27-24
Beat Georgia 27-24
Lost to Michigan 27-20 in OT

Texas was playing lights out down the stretch once Ewers came back from his injury. Alabama had a miracle completed to beat their rival on Thanksgiving weekend. Alabama played their best game of the year against Georgia, sandwiched between two ugly performances against Auburn and Michigan, but sure they were playing better.

I think Washington and Texas both beat OSU. The Buckeyes weren't that strong up fron on either LOS. And their QB play wasn't spectacular. Georgia likely beats both teams, they would have had a similar game to Michigan vs Washington I think, but Texas would have been interesting. Texas was really good up from on both LOS. They were dreadful in the secondary.
Texas Tech and Oklahoma State? 2 Big 12 teams? Yeah, that is similar to playing Georgia:ROFLMAO: We saw how good Washington really is. Thanks for making my point. Alabama beat Georgia and lost to Michigan in overtime and had several unforced bad plays. Once again, thanks for making my point. How good was Washington's up front at either LOS? Michigan showed how bad they actually are. Alabama and Ohio State played Michigan tougher than Washington did. Check out the score. Apparently Texas strength wise was similar to Washington and lost to Washington. Texas was dreadful in the Secondary? Who had the best receiving corp in the nation? Good luck with that Texas.

Texas Tech and Oklahoma State? 2 Big 12 teams? Yeah, that is similar to playing Georgia:ROFLMAO: We saw how good Washington really is. Thanks for making my point. Alabama beat Georgia and lost to Michigan in overtime and had several unforced bad plays. Once again, thanks for making my point. How good was Washington's up front at either LOS? Michigan showed how bad they actually are. Alabama and Ohio State played Michigan tougher than Washington did. Check out the score. Apparently Texas strength wise was similar to Washington and lost to Washington. Texas was dreadful in the Secondary? Who had the best receiving corp in the nation? Good luck with that Texas.
Just a reminder. Washington had 1 week to prepare for Michigan and the "boa constrictor" OL and DL. cryin ryan has 365 days every year to prepare, and can't get it done.

Remind me again...as PA native, when did you start swinging off of Michigans jock?

Just a reminder. Washington had 1 week to prepare for Michigan and the "boa constrictor" OL and DL. cryin ryan has 365 days every year to prepare, and can't get it done.
And Michigan has 365 days every year to prepare for OSU. Michigan had 1 week to prepare for Washington. All things being equal, OSU gave Michigan a better game than Washington did. Plus Michigan played at home against OSU.

And Michigan has 365 days every year to prepare for OSU. Michigan had 1 week to prepare for Washington. All things being equal, OSU gave Michigan a better game than Washington did. Plus Michigan played at home against OSU.
That is also a rivalry game. Typically throughout history, rivalry games = "throw out the record" as they say. That is a huge factor. And matchups are also a factor. Washington just didn't match up well with Michigan. Bama did. suckeyes did. So apples to oranges for the reasons I wrote.

That is also a rivalry game. Typically throughout history, rivalry games = "throw out the record" as they say. That is a huge factor. And matchups are also a factor. Washington just didn't match up well with Michigan. Bama did. suckeyes did. So apples to oranges for the reasons I wrote.
And you think Washington would match up well with OSU? Or Alabama? Or Georgia?

Sure but what happened in Alabama-Auburn? That data point looked real impressive.

Everyone seems to ignore that result because next week they beat Georgia, when half the year Georgia looked pedestrian. The SEC was not as good as they have been and people can't fathom that being the case.
Did they ignore it? or is that another be all end all data point? Rivalry games can take on a look unlike what is expected.

In a meaningless bowl game. It was good OSU lost and the way they lost was good also. Changes are being made, players are staying, precision use of the portal, things are looking up for 2024.
Never good to lose. Especially to SEC. Excuse me, traditional red headed stepchild in SEC

Improve on the 2-13. Please, and thank you

aOSU lost to Mizzou. Case closed
You and bkmk1 are bordering on being total jerks. It’s one thing to celebrate your victory, it’s another level to continually disrespect (showing no class to) your rival.
And to those who are unable to refrain from calling ttun cheaters, let the investigation play out.
This is getting about as silly as the constant D vs R bashing about politics.

You and bkmk1 are bordering on being total jerks. It’s one thing to celebrate your victory, it’s another level to continually disrespect (showing no class to) your rival.
And to those who are unable to refrain from calling ttun cheaters, let the investigation play out.
This is getting about as silly as the constant D vs R bashing about politics.
Bordering?

I am a jerk.

Case closed

You lost to Mizzou. Let it sink in

-Dismissing Auburn game
-Washington is a fraud because they lost the Natty
-Michigan had the best OL/DL in country clearly, so not saying much there
-Texas beat Alabama, so by your logic Washington would match up just fine with them
-Texas had a bad secondary, but Washington had Penix, McCord isn't Penix

And on top of all that mess you just posted, you're still going on and on, on the other thread about the cheating scandal and how it was so bad. Was listening to Klatt's podcast the other day, he said "those who don't know football, think this had a huge impact on games/results." It didn't. He then went on to say, "but those who know football, know the minimal impact it had." Reminded me of a lot of Buckeye fans on here, who clearly don't know football. Case in point, the quoted post.

And you think Washington would match up well with OSU? Or Alabama? Or Georgia?
A healthy Washington at the end of the year would be: (IMHO)
1. underdog vs. Georgia
2. toss up vs. Bama
3. favored vs. suckeyes.

Those are not my predictions of who would win, just which teams I believe would be favored.

Was listening to Klatt's podcast the other day,
Sheep Eating GIF

A healthy Washington at the end of the year would be: (IMHO)
1. underdog vs. Georgia
2. toss up vs. Bama
3. favored vs. suckeyes.

Those are not my predictions of who would win, just which teams I believe would be favored.
And I gave mine. IMHO