Central Ohio 2024 Storylines

Maybe I am wrong but as of right now, I think the biggest story line is Reynoldsburg. What are they doing? I dont think the job has been posted even. I heard they still are trying to hire an AD before they hire a new HFC. This goes much longer, all the schools in that area are going to start poaching their kids, if they havent already!
Is this finally a time when a prominent Reynoldsburg alum takes the job?

Isn't Brad Burchfield a Reynoldsburg alumn? I know his name has come up for this job before.

At this point, your settling with an assistant who want's a first time HC coaching job.

same side of Franklin county as an earlier name on this page, but a little south/southwest within the county

The new divisions are out and Hartley’s boys enrollment had a relative surge to send them back to D3. Their CB # peculiarly dropped. Guess it didn’t matter. These enrollment and CB swings they’ve gone thru the last few years are interesting to say the least. I know I’ve beaten this dead horse before but these latest numbers just add to the mystery. Good for Hartley on the enrollment increase. Will a return to D3 make Burch move to the Burg?

The new divisions are out and Hartley’s boys enrollment had a relative surge to send them back to D3. Their CB # peculiarly dropped. Guess it didn’t matter. These enrollment and CB swings they’ve gone thru the last few years are interesting to say the least. I know I’ve beaten this dead horse before but these latest numbers just add to the mystery. Good for Hartley on the enrollment increase. Will a return to D3 make Burch move to the Burg?
Better chance with Hartley in D-3 than running that offense at Burg and doing anything in D-1 . That much is for sure.

Going back to Tangy should be a no-brainer for him, playing with a sure-fire P5 WR and several other kids w/ D1 offers, plus a much more attractive schedule. Only thing I guess they might be worried about is coaching, and fair to say jury is still out as to whether or not the staff is good or just benefitted from the talent in the system, but unless there's something going on there relationship-wise hard to imagine why anyone would stay at DeSales given this option.

Going back to Tangy should be a no-brainer for him, playing with a sure-fire P5 WR and several other kids w/ D1 offers, plus a much more attractive schedule. Only thing I guess they might be worried about is coaching, and fair to say jury is still out as to whether or not the staff is good or just benefitted from the talent in the system, but unless there's something going on there relationship-wise hard to imagine why anyone would stay at DeSales given this option.
Spit the hook out now

If he was good enough to be an OCC QB he'd be at Olentangy. Maybe the kid and parents know where his best chance to play is.

If he was good enough to be an OCC QB he'd be at Olentangy. Maybe the kid and parents know where his best chance to play is.
He would start at QB this year if he transferred back to his home district school which is Olentangy where he would be surrounded by more talent with Wiley being a go to dangerous receiver .

Spit the hook out now
I've mentioned this situation for weeks now, prior to the stupid limo joke, please try to keep up.

Day would 100% start at Tangy if he moved back there to play with the kids he went to JR high with. Better opponents = better college prep, and likely to have better stats with better teammates if he is trying to build a resume. But if it's in the bag that he will go to OSU no matter what, even if he wont play, then it doesn't really matter.

I've mentioned this situation for weeks now, prior to the stupid limo joke, please try to keep up.

Day would 100% start at Tangy if he moved back there to play with the kids he went to JR high with. Better opponents = better college prep, and likely to have better stats with better teammates if he is trying to build a resume. But if it's in the bag that he will go to OSU no matter what, even if he wont play, then it doesn't really matter.
Anyone ever seen him play? Just wondering how good he is and if people would even know who he is if his last name wasn't Day.

I partially agree with this. But DeSales has a pretty good schedule. Just looking at last year, DeSales played 6 teams that had some playoff success, including a 3 point game to Watterson (State Runner Up). Look at someone like that kid out in Bellefontaine, St. Claire, he plays against maybe a lower tier schedule than DeSales and he is doing just fine in recruitment. Ballers are going to be seen!

Maybe he got a Clemson visit because of his name ... that happens alot. Colleges bring a kid in for a visit based on name and size alone sometimes.

With that being said, Tangy would be a better fit, mainly cause of Wiley, but I am sure he will do just fine at DeSales in terms of college looks and college preperation.

again, my opinion

really think what’s being overlooked in the RJ/Clemson discussion is Ryan Day could conceivably be coaching in the NFL 3-5 years from now (doesn’t have to be as a HC, could be as an OC) and it makes sense for schools that are in general proximity of franchises in flux to try to plant stakes early on with a family.

it’s pretty harmless if you’re Dabo to take a flyer on a kid who is at least good enough to start FCS, who probably has a higher floor than FCS anyways, if you think Day is going to end up somewhere like Carolina and you don’t want a possibly good QB to instead wind up in the hands of UNC as a result

Haven’t seen him play but if he was decent enough to get a visit to Clemson sounds like hes alright
Saw the Watterson game and yes he can play. Two offers to date. Boston College and Marshall. Were those because of his last name? Maybe so, maybe no. Kid will be a sophomore this season and will get his shot to shine at either Tangy or Desales based on his talent not his name.

Saw the Watterson game and yes he can play. Two offers to date. Boston College and Marshall. Were those because of his last name? Maybe so, maybe no. Kid will be a sophomore this season and will get his shot to shine at either Tangy or Desales based on his talent not his name.
his dad used to be at BC, and Bill O’Brien was going to be Day’s OC until Hafley took a job with the Packers. That’s the more plausible explanation why they’re his first P5 offer and why it came as soon as the spring before his sophomore year of HS.