Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Purdue Boilermakers (WEST)

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Wisconsin Badgers (WEST)

Votes: 13 40.6%
  • Nebraska Cornhuskers (WEST)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
He came from UCLA and saw Stanford first hand. Same with Arizona State. Did UCLA play Louisiana Monroe or San Diego State? You think Michigan's Coach Moore knows something about offensive linemen....CP?
Frye did heavily recruit Simmons who committed to SDSU over UCLA to be closer to an ailing family member.

Maybe the academics piece mattered to the Stanford players? You can obviously get just as good of an education at OSU, it’s all about what you put into it, but the rankings say it’s a better academic school.

Hyperbole or is this Michigan's year not only to claim their third straight Big 10 title but the national championship?

The analytics say so, but is their prowess a product of their weak schedule played to date?

Hyperbole or is this Michigan's year not only to claim their third straight Big 10 title but the national championship?

The analytics say so, but is their prowess a product of their weak schedule played to date?
They look good thus far. But much like Maryland, I'll reserve judgment until I see them play anyone with a pulse.

Harbaugh has a 2-7 bowl record. He clearly hasn’t figured out how to correctly prepare with such a long layoff

They probably should be better than last year. Plus they practice for Georgia every week.

Probably a lot of hyperbole at this point following a 52-10 loss. But one penalty the past two weeks and 14 total through six games says this team is pretty damn good, I don't care who they've played. They are as good as I've ever seen them on both lines.

If Harbaugh is ever going to win a CFP game and seriously push for a national championship, this has to be his year.

Multiple recent CFP trips, have a ton of experienced players but some key transfer guys up front, and the landscape seems very wide open this year even with Georgia coming off of back-to-back titles.

If Harbaugh is ever going to win a CFP game and seriously push for a national championship, this has to be his year.

Multiple recent CFP trips, have a ton of experienced players but some key transfer guys up front, and the landscape seems very wide open this year even with Georgia coming off of back-to-back titles.
I'll add, he may be at his glass ceiling IMO if they don't.

He has a lot of program momentum, but there hasn't been any real pickup in recruiting for them. They've gotten good at portaling OL but the player development, strength and conditioning, etc., is probably what it is at this point. Some of the key assistants I expect to be (i.e. Moore and Minter) head coaches elsewhere soon. Probably not going to get any more parity any time soon than what there is this year and the extra eligibility COVID era players start to age out.

Big Ten score 10/14/23

Michigan 52 Indiana 7
Rutgers 27 Michigan State 24
Ohio State 41 Purdue 7
Illinois 27 Maryland 24
Penn State 63 Massachusetts 0
Iowa 15 Wisconsin 6

Minnesota, Nebraska, and Northwestern are idle.

Michigan keeps rolling in the East. Iowa in the West. Are the Buckeyes and PSU
playing for 2nd place and a NY6 bowl bid?

Michigan is solid but I do not believe they are the #1 or #2 team in the country. I think 5-6 teams would beat them.

They have gotten away with this recipe for 3 seasons now. Play patsies all year and beat OSU. The OSU wins give them big time street cred, they defeat an awful B10 West team in the B10 Championship game, and get dialed in the playoff. Hopefully PSU or OSU can deny them this year.

What are the tie breaker rules if Ohio State beats Penn State, Penn State beats Michigan, Michigan beats Ohio State and all three teams finish 11-1.

Wouldn’t it come down to some stat like conference point differential or something?

So it looks like it would be based on the team's rank in the CFP poll, which OSU would likely win, since they would have beaten UM the week before. But this would require us to lose to PSU, PSU to lose to UM. If PSU were to beat UM, and we lose to them, then it would stand to reason UM would probably go.

Last edited:

So it looks like it would be based on the team's rank in the CFP poll, which OSU would likely win, since they would have beaten UM the week before. But this would require us to lose to PSU, PSU to lose to UM. If PSU were to beat UM, and we lose to them, then it would stand to reason UM would probably go.
That isnt correct. #5 is the correct tie-breaker that would be used in the updated tie-breaker:

so you take the 3 non-division opponents and combine make their conference win %

Penn St- Iowa, Illinois, Northwestern
Michigan- Nebraska, Minnesota, Purdue
Ohio St- Wisconsin, Minnesota, Purdue

Last edited:
Big 10 football scores 10/21/23

Ohio State 20 Penn State12
Rutgers 31 Indiana 14
Nebraska 17 Northwestern 9
Minnesota 12 Iowa 10
Wisconsin 25 Illinois 21
Michigan 49 Michigan State 0

Maryland and Purdue are idle.

Does anybody want to win the Big 10 West?

Michigan toyed with Sparty. Cheating or not, they are playing great.

Last edited:
Looks like Brian Ferentz's days are numbered.
maaaaaybe. Rutgers lost to Wisconsin for God's sake. Illinois gave up over 40 to Purdue. Nebraska struggled with Northwestern, Northwestern.

The only thing stopping ferentz from averaging 40 is those other teams be pokey. Iowa might not get enough touches.

It was a dumb bet by any measure but him not making the numbers has as much to team with opponent style as it does Iowa style.

I think.

It has been a strange football season in Big Ten land. News about coaches surpass the games themselves.

Big 10 scores 10/28/23

Bye Week 100 Michigan 0
Penn State 33 Indiana 24
Northwestern 33 Maryland 27
Minnesota 27 Michigan State 12
Nebraska 31 Purdue 14
Ohio State 24 Wisconsin 10 Q4

Illinois, Iowa, Michigan, and Rutgers are idle.

Last edited: