Basketball 2023-2024

Tons of talent came out of LaSalle. Really solid and skilled players. High IQ, could compete at the state level, moved on to play in college.

Where did they go? They have a couple decent guys (but not like the past) and 4-5 enforcers with limited basketball skills. That's really the philosophy this once solid program is sticking with?

Wait - Fleming runs a food truck? Is it any good?

The Fleming Food Truck have good Food? What’s on the menu? Sure it’s a success wherever it goes they have always been hard working good people!
Yep, called Fabulous Funnel Cakes and More. I haven’t had it but my kid says it’s pretty good. He usually shows up with the truck after summer camps and other athletics events.

Yep, called Fabulous Funnel Cakes and More. I haven’t had it but my kid says it’s pretty good. He usually shows up with the truck after summer camps and other athletics events.
Interesting. Guess that's his retirement fun. Just looked it up, looks pretty good!!

Maybe I'll go buy one and ask him what he thinks of LaSalle's current style of basketball and talent level. Him and his kids were lights years ahead of what's being put out there currently.

Tons of talent came out of LaSalle. Really solid and skilled players. High IQ, could compete at the state level, moved on to play in college.

Where did they go? They have a couple decent guys (but not like the past) and 4-5 enforcers with limited basketball skills. That's really the philosophy this once solid program is sticking with?
Defensively, they actually play pretty close to the way Fleming liked his teams to play. Full court, pressure, very physical. Offensively is where they are missing. Fleming had a pretty good pace-and-space motion offense. Their current offense is glacial and stagnant. It might be a skill development thing though. Fleming was helped by two of the best players that he had were his own sons and he also got a few other basketball-only studs like Orr and Neel. Their top 6 players this year are all football players. Maybe they play some AAU, but summer football camps and lifting is just as important, if not more important, so I don't think they're getting skill development like getting up 300 shots a day and running through drills for an hour. As such, their football players are athletic and strong and can play awesome, physical defense. They just can't score.

Defensively, they actually play pretty close to the way Fleming liked his teams to play. Full court, pressure, very physical. Offensively is where they are missing. Fleming had a pretty good pace-and-space motion offense. Their current offense is glacial and stagnant. It might be a skill development thing though. Fleming was helped by two of the best players that he had were his own sons and he also got a few other basketball-only studs like Orr and Neel. Their top 6 players this year are all football players. Maybe they play some AAU, but summer football camps and lifting is just as important, if not more important, so I don't think they're getting skill development like getting up 300 shots a day and running through drills for an hour. As such, their football players are athletic and strong and can play awesome, physical defense. They just can't score.
Agree.

LaSalle consistently had very good players going back 20+ years. No clue where all of their basketball talent went.

I even know some guys that have told me stories about their teams in the 90s as well. Was told their rivalry with Elder was great because both teams had so many good players.

First game attended this year.
Horrible - coaching/fundamentals/ball control /rebounding!!!
This program under Goedde is sinking - what Fleming built is destroyed and being reconstructed down the road at "the other school."
Goedde simply cannot coach - him and his tweets on "brotherhood" is him and all of the other alumni living in the past.
I guarantee this program will continue to sink under him.

It will be a "bloodbath" in the GCL starting this week - Fleming will destroy the "short man"!!!!

He has to go!!!!!!

I’m not sure this looks as bad as it sounds. Was a Walk off 3 I believe but McNick Beat Cov Cath. CC very solid Program.
McNick is the #2 in the first Cincinnati D2 RPI. The Indian Hill loss and the two losses in Florida are the bad losses (Mason won all three of their games in that tournament, and they are not a good team).

LaSalle Basketball just isn’t what it used to be! I feel sorry for a number of there proud Basketball Alumni.
That's because no one wants to play that style of ball. What basketball player would want to go there and play that horrid style of hoop?

There's a reason the most talented basketball players aren't picking the GCLS.

And they end the season with a 25 point loss in the first game of the tournament in a winnable game. May be one of the most disappointing seasons in a long time. Is it time for a coaching staff change?

8-15, 0-6 GCL

Last edited:
And they end the season with a 25 point loss in the first game of the tournament in a winnable game. May be one of the most disappointing seasons in a long time. Is it time for a coaching staff change?

8-15, 0-6 GCL
I personally say yes. That style of basketball just isn’t it anymore. There was no reason for them to have been as bad as they were with the roster they had.

I personally say yes. That style of basketball just isn’t it anymore. There was no reason for them to have been as bad as they were with the roster they had.
Does the LaSalle AD who is an Alum have the kahunas to Fire another LaSalle Alum? Who You and Trey have in mind to replace? I don’t think CJ Fleming interested right now in another “rebuild” type situation but that’s just a personal opinion.

Does the LaSalle AD who is an Alum have the kahunas to Fire another LaSalle Alum? Who You and Trey have in mind to replace? I don’t think CJ Fleming interested right now in another “rebuild” type situation but that’s just a personal opinion.
You would think LaSalle would have to at least kick the tires on one or both of the Flemings. Dad probably feels somewhat vindicated as if I recall, he wasn't a fan of Goedde taking over. There has to be alums and past players clamoring for something better.

Another very interesting hire would be Tim Austing. I realize that may pose issues with his teaching job at Sycamore, so that's probably a long shot. But I'd love to see Austing back in the GCL. I'm guessing LaSalle would too.

Moe and St X have alot of talent coming up. LaSalle has taken a pretty big back seat in the GCL, and it seems to be getting worse. They need a new approach because their talent level is light year's away from some of the very good players that went through the school over the last 20 years.