Basketball 2023-2024

Lancermania

Lancers lead the way!
Lancers won their opening game against the Fairfield Indian on December 5th by a score of 58-52.
Drae Arnold was the leading scorer with 13 points on 3-7 field goals (1 trey) and 6-7 free throws, Brady O'Connor was the second Lancer in double figures with 12 points on 5-9 field goals and 2-3 free throws.

Last edited:

Second game for the 1-0 Lancers is tonight (12-12) at 2-2 Lebanon who lost to Kings and Elder to start the season, now on a two game winning streak against West Clermont and Walnut Hills.

Last edited:
Lancers won their opening game against the Fairfield Indian on December 5th by a score of 58-52.
Drae Arnold was the leading scorer with 13 points on 3-7 field goals (1 trey) and 6-7 free throws, Brady O'Connor was the second Lancer in double figures with 12 points on 5-9 field goals and 2-3 free throws.
good win and a surprising result after losing by 30 last year. schedule seems odd only having played 1 game so far with 2nd game tonight.

Not sure what’s up with Fairfield having Lost to LaSalle and Oak Hills already. Losing to Lebanon definitely a bad loss for LaSalle. Looks like Trey and his ever lasting hard on for Goedde gonna make an honest attempt to ruin this thread too. Never seen a 5’6 white guy (Goedde) take up so much space in another mans head.

It's just an observation. He struggles on the road because he's not allowed to employ his style of play as easily as he does at home, where he has his pick of ref crews. You can disagree.

They can beat anyone at home, but always lose to mediocre teams on the road and in the tournament. I would think anyone with knowledge of or follows LaSalle wouldn't take it as a threat, but a legit concern for the style of play that just doesn't seem to work outside of your own gym.

I used to say the same thing about Elder, but they've actually started playing basketball on the basketball court instead of rugby. Take away your obvious personal relationship with the man and assess the situation constructively. I know most of you tried and true westsiders just take your buddies side, regardless if you believe it or not.

Interesting match-up tonight with the Lancers taking on Wyoming.

It's a game LaSalle has no business losing, but Wyoming could be a dangerous team. They are unbeaten and start 4 sophomores and 1 junior but each has shown the ability to score. Very dangerous game for the Lancers.

Last edited:
Interesting match-up tonight with the Lancers taking on Wyoming.

It's a game LaSalle has no business losing, but Wyoming could be a dangerous team. They are unbeaten and start 4 sophomores and 1 junior but each has shown the ability to score. Very dangerous game for the Lancers.
And yet La Salle lost. And if the score is any indication, it’s why I cannot stand GCL South basketball. Brutal. GCCYS or WAC games are more entertaining.

And yet La Salle lost. And if the score is any indication, it’s why I cannot stand GCL South basketball. Brutal. GCCYS or WAC games are more entertaining.
Trey has a hard on for Goedde. Trey also talks like he knows about HS Football and Basketball but really doesn’t. Wyoming has 4 very good Sophomores I believe all with Varsity experience coming into this season. Wyoming obviously a small school but I’d say currently has more Basketball talent than Lasalle.

Trey has a hard on for Goedde. Trey also talks like he knows about HS Football and Basketball but really doesn’t. Wyoming has 4 very good Sophomores I believe all with Varsity experience coming into this season. Wyoming obviously a small school but I’d say currently has more Basketball talent than Lasalle.
I guess I should have clarified, the L isn’t the biggest thing for me; it’s that quarter by quarter score. Rough.

He says I have a hard-on for Goedde because I criticize exactly what @boothmark77 is talking about. Goedde is notorious for uglying up games instead of just playing basketball. More people should criticize it, because it's terrible.

Wyoming obviously a small school but I’d say currently has more Basketball talent than Lasalle.
I don't disagree, but LaSalle should never be losing to a team like Wyoming. What happened to the basketball players at LaSalle? They used to have some of the best in the city and had some great teams over the past 20 years.

Is it the style of play keeping them away? It seems they've relegated themselves to "we don't have the talent, so we're gonna ugly it up". They're better than that.

And a follow up double digit loss to Indian Hill? What in the world?

Where did the basketball talent go? Is it style of play? Back to back losses to CHL teams in embarrassing for a school like LaSalle.

I don't disagree, but LaSalle should never be losing to a team like Wyoming. What happened to the basketball players at LaSalle? They used to have some of the best in the city and had some great teams over the past 20 years.

Is it the style of play keeping them away? It seems they've relegated themselves to "we don't have the talent, so we're gonna ugly it up". They're better than that.
Do you have any proof that LaSalle actually has some Basketball talent? Maybe a Player or W and that’s about it. Who the talent you speak of?

Do you have any proof that LaSalle actually has some Basketball talent? Maybe a Player or W and that’s about it. Who the talent you speak of?
I'm talking about past teams. LaSalle has some great history with some really good teams. They were consistent state contenders, won multiple state titles, had really good players.

Where did all the talent go? The new coaching staff seems to think this ugly and terrible style of play is all they can do? They run this program like the only way to compete is to completely ugly it up, and their coach just doubles down on it more and more with every passing year. They're better than this.

I'm talking about past teams. LaSalle has some great history with some really good teams. They were consistent state contenders, won multiple state titles, had really good players.

Where did all the talent go? The new coaching staff seems to think this ugly and terrible style of play is all they can do? They run this program like the only way to compete is to completely ugly it up, and their coach just doubles down on it more and more with every passing year. They're better than this.
The Past Teams/kids aren’t Current LaSalle Players. In the present, tell me who LaSalle has that pretty talented Basketball Players? They treated Fleming like 💩 and run off a lot of Alums kids. Who are the current LaSalle Assistants? 2 of the old LaSalle assistants and lower level Coaches are now at Colerain. Those 2 guys,Muenchen and Mr. Esterkamp were quality HS Assistant Coaches.

The Past Teams/kids aren’t Current LaSalle Players. In the present, tell me who LaSalle has that pretty talented Basketball Players? They treated Fleming like 💩 and run off a lot of Alums kids. Who are the current LaSalle Assistants? 2 of the old LaSalle assistants and lower level Coaches are now at Colerain. Those 2 guys,Muenchen and Mr. Esterkamp were quality HS Assistant Coaches.
That's what I'm asking, where did the talent go? LaSalle's program seems to be a shell of itself compared to when Fleming was there. They seemed to have relegated themselves to a program that has to ugly it up to compete because they don't have near the talent as they used to. There used to be a ton of kids come out of LaSalle that could play.

The program seems to have taken a major back seat. What has happened that pushed away past good coaches? No one really seems to care in this forum.

That's what I'm asking, where did the talent go? LaSalle's program seems to be a shell of itself compared to when Fleming was there. They seemed to have relegated themselves to a program that has to ugly it up to compete because they don't have near the talent as they used to. There used to be a ton of kids come out of LaSalle that could play.

The program seems to have taken a major back seat. What has happened that pushed away past good coaches? No one really seems to care in this forum.
I don’t want to speak for the former LaSalle Basketball but Coaches but i don’t know very many dedicated people that like being treated like shiit. I believe it was more by Administration&AD than by Goedde. Where LaSalle get the $$ to send a bad Basketball Team to Florida? Thought $$ problems and budget issues been problem up there for at least 10 yrs🤷🏼‍♂️

I don’t want to speak for the former LaSalle Basketball but Coaches but i don’t know very many dedicated people that like being treated like shiit. I believe it was more by Administration&AD than by Goedde. Where LaSalle get the $$ to send a bad Basketball Team to Florida? Thought $$ problems and budget issues been problem up there for at least 10 yrs🤷🏼‍♂️
Why would they treat Fleming like crap? He's a HOF'er and he won. What was the issue he didn't see eye to eye with with the admin?

Did he want his oldest son to take over the program at some point? I remember there were people saying him and Goedde didn't get along, yet Goedde was his lead assistant. And he wasn't really pushing for Goedde to get the job - found it very odd, but would make sense if he was lobbying for his son.

Why would they treat Fleming like crap? He's a HOF'er and he won. What was the issue he didn't see eye to eye with with the admin?

Did he want his oldest son to take over the program at some point? I remember there were people saying him and Goedde didn't get along, yet Goedde was his lead assistant. And he wasn't really pushing for Goedde to get the job - found it very odd, but would make sense if he was lobbying for his son.
I don’t think Coaching Basketball had a whole lot to do with being treated like shiit. That LaSalle administration let a number of veteran quality LaSalle Teachers behind the ole Budget Cuts and alleged Mismanagement of $$ by the former Principal. They didn’t want to keep around some of their Higher Earners, who were not old enough to Fully Retire. Really screwing quality People and Employees imo. Coach Grippa was a part of this at LaSalle too.

I don’t think Coaching Basketball had a whole lot to do with being treated like shiit. That LaSalle administration let a number of veteran quality LaSalle Teachers behind the ole Budget Cuts and alleged Mismanagement of $$ by the former Principal. They didn’t want to keep around some of their Higher Earners, who were not old enough to Fully Retire. Really screwing quality People and Employees imo. Coach Grippa was a part of this at LaSalle too.
Well every sports program seems to be going in the wrong direction. Seems to be hurting their enrollment as well.

Well every sports program seems to be going in the wrong direction. Seems to be hurting their enrollment as well.
Ever heard the saying Make You’re Bed and Lie in it? You a little slow? For the 5th time! All this crap comes from past administrations and Boards and possibly a former Principal. Depends on who you talk to about him. Self Inflicted so nobody really cares when a Place keeps doing the same stupid shiit over and over again!

Ever heard the saying Make You’re Bed and Lie in it? You a little slow? For the 5th time! All this crap comes from past administrations and Boards and possibly a former Principal. Depends on who you talk to about him. Self Inflicted so nobody really cares when a Place keeps doing the same stupid shiit over and over again!
I'm a little slow.

You don't hear alot of complaining. I heard more complaining when they were winning. Odd.

Starting off 2024 with two Elder guys talking La Salle basketball. :ROFLMAO:

Fellas, the budget issues have been behind La Salle for at least five years now. It's not a thing. Fleming retired. Maybe he was asked to, but they didn't "treat him like crap." The dude shows up at La Salle every other weekend at athletics events with his food truck, so there isn't bad blood.

You're right, though, the defending co-GCL champs have had a couple bad losses to start the season.

Fellas, the budget issues have been behind La Salle for at least five years now. It's not a thing. Fleming retired. Maybe he was asked to, but they didn't "treat him like crap." The dude shows up at La Salle every other weekend at athletics events with his food truck, so there isn't bad blood.

You're right, though, the defending co-GCL champs have had a couple bad losses to start the season.
I think a lot of Fleming retiring was to watch his son play college ball at Bellermine and see his daughters last year at McAuley.

Another solid 31-point wrestling match loss for the Lancers tonight. What a joke.

Their program is going backwards under Goedde. Is what he's teaching actually basketball? I can think of alot of really good basketball players that came out of LaSalle over the last 20 years. They have to be disappointed with what the program has become, because it's not really basketball.

Wait - Fleming runs a food truck? Is it any good?

Retired from Coaching. Was pretty much forced out from Teaching along with the others already mentioned. I have had numerous Family and Friends who have Played LaSalle Basketball from 85-Present. I also had the privilege of having The Lancer as AD while in HS. Not sure anybody said any “bad blood” was involved. Most people get a little upset when they are pretty much told Resign/Retire or they won’t have a job anymore! Time heals a lot of things!

The Fleming Food Truck have good Food? What’s on the menu? Sure it’s a success wherever it goes they have always been hard working good people!