2024 SWBL Offseason/Season

There are some schools that have adopted policies where the administration can't coach, including the AD.
I think most schools who make the AD an actual “Admin” position (meaning a 220+ day contract, admin benefits, admin license) say you cannot coach. 1.) There’s not enough time in the day to effectively do both jobs now. 20-30 years ago, you could swing it. Today, not really.
2.) It’s a little conflicting to be an admin (not in the union) but then be paid coach (which is most likely a supplemental position the union bargains for). Some (maybe most?) districts are required to give supplemental contracts to union members first, if they are qualified. Just creates a little $#!+ storm for the district at some point lol

I think either way the admin goes at Carlisle, Lewis or Koogle, we will be in good hands. I’m excited to see the decision that has been made. I know Lewis is an alum of Carlisle. Could that be who they decided upon?

So it seems like 3 teams have hired a new head coach. Those 3 being Monroe with Muller, Franklin with Muncy and Carlisle with Koogle?? Correct me if I'm wrong on the last one.

What are we thinking in terms of staff for each of these guys. Who is Muller bringing from Fenwick and previous stops. Muncy is pretty new at this, but have heard great things. Koogle/Carlisle not much is known but does he bring Lewis on board?

(Yes, I’m on yappi at 2:40 am on December 26 but who cares)

2024 SWBL Predictions

1: Waynesville (9-1, 6-0), yes I’m biased but still I think we are the heavy favorites, WV returns All-State and SWBL OPOY favorite dual-threat QB Alex Amburgy. All-State RB/OLB Garrett Lundy returns as well, my pick for SWBL DPOY. Those two alone are enough to put them in the conversation and I would consider them to be the two best players in the SWBL. We also return All-League WR/DB Trent Davis, who will see an increased role offensively, All-League LB Kellen Philpot who will contribute offensively next season, All-League OL/DL Xavier Walker, All-League DL Caleb Sullivan. The 2026 and 2027 classes are low in numbers but quality>quantity. We return 3/5 on the o-line (loosing C Carson Hively and LT Jon Brillhart). We loose maybe our best player in school history in Connor Berrey WR/DB/K and 3-time all-league DL Matthew Wilkerson. All-League WR/DB Conner Huffman and All-Legaue TE/OLB Carter Barnthouse are also gone. Expect low numbers again for the Spartan as the 2028 class is also low in numbers. By the way I’m calling it now the 2029 class is loaded and will win a state championship. Overall Waynesville looses some but returns a lot, they are very well coached and if they stay healthy will be a force to be reckoned with state-wide.

2. Brookville (9-1, 5-1) loosing QB/DB Keegan Mehr will be a big loss for the Blue Devils along with speedster WR/DB Kory Davis. Walt Adams RB/WR/DB/K will also be in the conversation for SWBL OPOY. Jake Lesner will also be a Junior this upcoming year and was very good as a sophomore, lookout for him to make some noise for the Blue Devils and might even sneak in the SWBL OPOY conversation. All-League DL Jake Meyers returns, All-League RB/DB Seth Hoover returns, All-Legaue OL/DL Jordan Meyers returns, All-Legaue OL/DL Xavier Stacy returns. I am not exactly sure what they have in mind at QB but worst case scenario they go with Adams or Lesner at QB and go run heavy. I also believe their JV team was undefeated so the Blue Devils ain’t going anywhere soon.

3. Eaton (7-3, 4-2) they loose All-League WR/DB Leslie Orr, All-League QB Chris Atkins, All-League OL JT Gels, All-League LB Devon Rader, All-League WR Brayden Deem, All-Legue LB Drew Dewitt, and All-League DB Ian Ruebush. They return All-League WR Connor Bach, All-League DB Brandon Couch, All-League OL Cooper Wilson, All-League DL Preston Orr, All-League RB Cordis Bernard. I believe upcoming Senior QB Aaron Rodgers will be the starter. If my understanding is correct he is a pocket passer with a very good arm and large frame. Eaton will probably remain pass first. They also return arguably the most taken player in the SWBL, rising Junior Kicker Jon Hewitt. He had a 56-yarder last season as a sophomore and probably has a future kicking on Saturdays one day.

4. Valley View (7-3, 3-3) VV graduates the most in the SWBL, so much I’m not going to type out all of the all-league players because their are way to many. The biggest loss is one of the best players in SWBL history, Caden Henson, he was a three year starter for the Spartans and will be missed in Germantown. Another huge loss is RB/DB Micah Valenti and SWBL DPOY Bryce Reed. Other than that the only All-League talent the Spartans return is OL Cameron Flannery, rising junior WR/DB Anthony Valenti, and OL Nehemiah Simpson. I’m am not sure what they will have at QB. Valley View is extremely well coached though so they will always be relevant in the SWBL although I find it hard to imagine they contend in the SWBL this year.

5. Oakwood (4-6, 2-4) they loose All-League dual threat QB Stephen Lauterbach, All-League DL Carter Stack and, All-League RB JJ Wilson. They return All-League OL Lucas Stroud and All-League WR Jackson Thobe who I believe with be the QB this upcoming year. He was an All-League WR so he is definitely a great athlete who will hurt opposing teams with his legs. He is the reason I believe Oakwood will be better than Carisle and Madison. They had two freshman WRs who contributed last year, Michael Woeste and Brady Thobe, they will get better and will make good players one day if Oakwood can figure things out.

6. Carisle, (4-6, 1-5) it will most likely be another longer year for Carisle. They had low numbers last season and that trend will probably continue. Per Yappi rising sophmore Kolby Morgenson will be the starter. Carisle has a solid 2026 class featuring All-League OL Isaiah Brady, All-League DL Austyn Benton. They also return rising senior All-League Logan Raunch on the DL and rising junior DB Justyce Taylor who is an incredible athlete on the basketball court and that athleticism could translate to the football field next year. RB/DB Blake Lawson also returns, he is a great athlete who will come in handy for the Indians.

7. Madison (3-7, 0-6) they don’t return much but they also don’t loose much, All-League DL Aiden Grooms, All-League TE Landon Potter and, All-Legaue DB Ryder Williams all graduate for the Mohawks. All-League DB Devon Lyndsey and All-League QB/RB/DB/KR/PR Kaleb Miller returns. Miller should account most of the Mohawks offense if he returns.

Please correct me if you see anything wrong

I would say Waynesville are heavy favorites, a decent ways back is Brookville, and then a huge gap. Last year no one thought Waynesville would be good and they ended up winning the league, so remember anything can happen

Do we know what the SWBL crossover games are? If not when can we expect to find out?
EagleFan has posted known 2024 schedules already.

I understand the want to knock VV back but I would not underestimate them at all.
I don’t want to but with just 3 All-League players returning and the loss of Henson it is tough to think highly of them. That week 10 game will be crazy intense though even if both teams are 0-9 heading into it.

Germantown Valley View
08/23 A Coldwater
08/30 H West Milton Milton-Union
09/06 A Bellbrook
09/13 H Carlisle
09/20 H Eaton
09/27 A Oakwood
10/04 A Middletown Madison
10/11 H Trenton Edgewood
10/18 A Brookville
10/25 H Waynesville

Week 1 is going to be a HUGE task. Coldwater returns a good team. That will be their hardest game of 2024. Rough schedule overall.

(Yes, I’m on yappi at 2:40 am on December 26 but who cares)

2024 SWBL Predictions

1: Waynesville (9-1, 6-0), yes I’m biased but still I think we are the heavy favorites, WV returns All-State and SWBL OPOY favorite dual-threat QB Alex Amburgy. All-State RB/OLB Garrett Lundy returns as well, my pick for SWBL DPOY. Those two alone are enough to put them in the conversation and I would consider them to be the two best players in the SWBL. We also return All-League WR/DB Trent Davis, who will see an increased role offensively, All-League LB Kellen Philpot who will contribute offensively next season, All-League OL/DL Xavier Walker, All-League DL Caleb Sullivan. The 2026 and 2027 classes are low in numbers but quality>quantity. We return 3/5 on the o-line (loosing C Carson Hively and LT Jon Brillhart). We loose maybe our best player in school history in Connor Berrey WR/DB/K and 3-time all-league DL Matthew Wilkerson. All-League WR/DB Conner Huffman and All-Legaue TE/OLB Carter Barnthouse are also gone. Expect low numbers again for the Spartan as the 2028 class is also low in numbers. By the way I’m calling it now the 2029 class is loaded and will win a state championship. Overall Waynesville looses some but returns a lot, they are very well coached and if they stay healthy will be a force to be reckoned with state-wide.

2. Brookville (9-1, 5-1) loosing QB/DB Keegan Mehr will be a big loss for the Blue Devils along with speedster WR/DB Kory Davis. Walt Adams RB/WR/DB/K will also be in the conversation for SWBL OPOY. Jake Lesner will also be a Junior this upcoming year and was very good as a sophomore, lookout for him to make some noise for the Blue Devils and might even sneak in the SWBL OPOY conversation. All-League DL Jake Meyers returns, All-League RB/DB Seth Hoover returns, All-Legaue OL/DL Jordan Meyers returns, All-Legaue OL/DL Xavier Stacy returns. I am not exactly sure what they have in mind at QB but worst case scenario they go with Adams or Lesner at QB and go run heavy. I also believe their JV team was undefeated so the Blue Devils ain’t going anywhere soon.

3. Eaton (7-3, 4-2) they loose All-League WR/DB Leslie Orr, All-League QB Chris Atkins, All-League OL JT Gels, All-League LB Devon Rader, All-League WR Brayden Deem, All-Legue LB Drew Dewitt, and All-League DB Ian Ruebush. They return All-League WR Connor Bach, All-League DB Brandon Couch, All-League OL Cooper Wilson, All-League DL Preston Orr, All-League RB Cordis Bernard. I believe upcoming Senior QB Aaron Rodgers will be the starter. If my understanding is correct he is a pocket passer with a very good arm and large frame. Eaton will probably remain pass first. They also return arguably the most taken player in the SWBL, rising Junior Kicker Jon Hewitt. He had a 56-yarder last season as a sophomore and probably has a future kicking on Saturdays one day.

4. Valley View (7-3, 3-3) VV graduates the most in the SWBL, so much I’m not going to type out all of the all-league players because their are way to many. The biggest loss is one of the best players in SWBL history, Caden Henson, he was a three year starter for the Spartans and will be missed in Germantown. Another huge loss is RB/DB Micah Valenti and SWBL DPOY Bryce Reed. Other than that the only All-League talent the Spartans return is OL Cameron Flannery, rising junior WR/DB Anthony Valenti, and OL Nehemiah Simpson. I’m am not sure what they will have at QB. Valley View is extremely well coached though so they will always be relevant in the SWBL although I find it hard to imagine they contend in the SWBL this year.

5. Oakwood (4-6, 2-4) they loose All-League dual threat QB Stephen Lauterbach, All-League DL Carter Stack and, All-League RB JJ Wilson. They return All-League OL Lucas Stroud and All-League WR Jackson Thobe who I believe with be the QB this upcoming year. He was an All-League WR so he is definitely a great athlete who will hurt opposing teams with his legs. He is the reason I believe Oakwood will be better than Carisle and Madison. They had two freshman WRs who contributed last year, Michael Woeste and Brady Thobe, they will get better and will make good players one day if Oakwood can figure things out.

6. Carisle, (4-6, 1-5) it will most likely be another longer year for Carisle. They had low numbers last season and that trend will probably continue. Per Yappi rising sophmore Kolby Morgenson will be the starter. Carisle has a solid 2026 class featuring All-League OL Isaiah Brady, All-League DL Austyn Benton. They also return rising senior All-League Logan Raunch on the DL and rising junior DB Justyce Taylor who is an incredible athlete on the basketball court and that athleticism could translate to the football field next year. RB/DB Blake Lawson also returns, he is a great athlete who will come in handy for the Indians.

7. Madison (3-7, 0-6) they don’t return much but they also don’t loose much, All-League DL Aiden Grooms, All-League TE Landon Potter and, All-Legaue DB Ryder Williams all graduate for the Mohawks. All-League DB Devon Lyndsey and All-League QB/RB/DB/KR/PR Kaleb Miller returns. Miller should account most of the Mohawks offense if he returns.

Please correct me if you see anything wrong

I would say Waynesville are heavy favorites, a decent ways back is Brookville, and then a huge gap. Last year no one thought Waynesville would be good and they ended up winning the league, so remember anything can happen
Does Waynesville play Massie next year?