2024 St. Ignatius Football

Byers, despite its flaws was fine.

Games at Wasmer are nice but limited. ( and that embarrassment against Pitt Central Catholic didn’t help)

Byers, despite its flaws was fine.

Games at Wasmer are nice but limited. ( and that embarrassment against Pitt Central Catholic didn’t help)
Agree. I'm a bit biased as I grew up in parma. But, you know with 2 city schools now, you should normally have all day Saturday. Also, free parking and less than 5 min walk tops. I also love sitting about 3/4;up and the field view

A little news I found out today regarding Scott Mutryn 's family. For you youngsters, Mutryn was our QB back in the 90s on the teams that really kept the state championships rolling. I think he played with Haddad and many other stars of days gone by.

Anyway, I follow hockey pretty closely and he has two sons who play (not sure about the third) at a very high level. One is committed to BC and the other just made the NTDP (US national team for 17 and 18U players - the real cream of the crop).

I was pleasantly surprised and thought I'd share.

A little news I found out today regarding Scott Mutryn 's family. For you youngsters, Mutryn was our QB back in the 90s on the teams that really kept the state championships rolling. I think he played with Haddad and many other stars of days gone by.

Anyway, I follow hockey pretty closely and he has two sons who play (not sure about the third) at a very high level. One is committed to BC and the other just made the NTDP (US national team for 17 and 18U players - the real cream of the crop).

I was pleasantly surprised and thought I'd share.
Further ... Scott Mutryn led Ignatius to state championships in 1992 and 1993 + was 2nd team all-Ohio both seasons. He played QB at Boston College and signed as an undrafted FA with the New England Patriots, but did not make the final roster.
So his son is following him to BC, but for a hockey program that is traditionally in the mix for the NCAA Frozen Four.
Great for the Mutryn family!

Not happy Hoban is still on the schedule. The games the past 2 years haven’t been competitive at all. Would rather see a bye.

Looks like a lot of losses again this season.

If Friday is still in the mix I don't see how this goes other than playing at a handful of "home" stadiums throughout the year. Wasmer, Byers, Fairview, Euclid, Lakewood even? It's very bizarre how it's playing out.

If Friday is still in the mix I don't see how this goes other than playing at a handful of "home" stadiums throughout the year. Wasmer, Byers, Fairview, Euclid, Lakewood even? It's very bizarre how it's playing out.
Wasmer is not an option due to construction. The spring teams have been occasionally using Brooklyn and the fb team has used it in the past. Maybe Brooklyn is in the discussion.

Not happy Hoban is still on the schedule. The games the past 2 years haven’t been competitive at all. Would rather see a bye.

Looks like a lot of losses again this season.
Was very surprised Hoban was still there. Many things going on that are head scratchers