2024 St. Ignatius Football

Conroy and Haddad both picked up Buckeye offers after their recent visit. I know Cody just committed to Wisconsin, but he’s been blowing up lately and will probably have his pick of the litter by the time signing day rolls around. Ditto Conroy when his time comes.

I would love to see Canton McKinley fill the tenth week so we can dropped Massillon Washington from our schedule. It time Canton McKinley move. on
I agree. Massillon wins this game routinely. Not in the same division.. no point in Mck getting their doors blown off year after year. But it is fun to watch. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

However not surprising as Murphy fieldhouse plus the facility by Kyle Field probably rendered it unnecessary.

I feel like I took the entrance exam in Carroll many moons ago, but I could be wrong on that.

Before the levels of security we see today in these school buildings I used to play hoops with the other West Park kids that ended up as Wildcats and not Eagles in the old Carroll gym after school.

Before the levels of security we see today in these school buildings I used to play hoops with the other West Park kids that ended up as Wildcats and not Eagles in the old Carroll gym after school.
As recent as my time in the 90s we had a grand total of 1 security guard. And the best part, the hot dog guy.

It's actually crazy when I think of pre 9/11 in many areas, but we really had amazing freedom at Ignatius back then

As recent as my time in the 90s we had a grand total of 1 security guard. And the best part, the hot dog guy.

It's actually crazy when I think of pre 9/11 in many areas, but we really had amazing freedom at Ignatius back then
I was after 9/11 but before Sandy Hook. The later changed school security forever. I was just back at Ed’s for an unofficial event and there’s no way to just walk in. It’s unfortunate but understandable.

I wish I had 10 million to give to Ed’s. Is this the same wealthy guy who wanted to build the stadium at Wasmer? Wouldn’t be surprised if it’s not.

RIP Carroll Gym. I think both of our schools forget the sentimental value some of these old buildings/rooms have before they go and renovate them. But it is what it is.

I was after 9/11 but before Sandy Hook. The later changed school security forever. I was just back at Ed’s for an unofficial event and there’s no way to just walk in. It’s unfortunate but understandable.

I wish I had 10 million to give to Ed’s. Is this the same wealthy guy who wanted to build the stadium at Wasmer? Wouldn’t be surprised if it’s not.

RIP Carroll Gym. I think both of our schools forget the sentimental value some of these old buildings/rooms have before they go and renovate them. But it is what it is.

It is not the same person who wanted to build the stadium. Unfortunately, it was time for the Carroll Gym, a museum of fond memories through the years.

(y) . Thanks for posting the photo. Carroll Gym looks much better today than a long, long time ago. There was no padding on the walls then and I still remember literally crashing into that brick wall and derailing my basketball career. Oh well

Great memories! spent more time in the Carroll Gym than any other place on campus. 2G --- 1964 "B" champs ;)

I just want to know where home schedule is going to be played so I know if I have any chance of attending some games this year, vs Fridays all over, which is next.to impossible on work days

I just want to know where home schedule is going to be played so I know if I have any chance of attending some games this year, vs Fridays all over, which is next.to impossible on work days

There are just too many home games to be fooling around with switching all over. Plus, Wasmer may be out of commission, considering the construction. Move back to Sat.

Positive.....no out of state travel this year.

But, adding Avon, Coffman and Walsh......still quite the rough gauntlet of a schedule. Rory needs to calm down a bit

If anyone bought a Scholarship Drive ticket and didn't win, blame David Njoku, who drew the winners.

Njoku was in attendance as the school's "guest scholarship drive ticket puller." Each year, St. Ignatius conducts a fundraiser geared at providing scholarship funds to students, a tradition that dates back to 1939.

Positive.....no out of state travel this year.

But, adding Avon, Coffman and Walsh......still quite the rough gauntlet of a schedule. Rory needs to calm down a bit

With all due respect, why would Iggy duck Avon, Coffman, or Walsh? Solid programs no doubt, but worrying about them seem so "un-Iggy-like."

Sure, these aren't the Wildcats of old, but you guys did go 4-6 in 2010 before finishing 13-2 and winning it all the next year. Also, two of your wins this past fall were against Mentor, which isn't exactly a bottom-of-the-barrel program. With at least two Big Ten recruits on your roster and a ton of hungry & experienced young men coming back, embrace the challenges ahead. It will only get better!

With all due respect, why would Iggy duck Avon, Coffman, or Walsh? Solid programs no doubt, but worrying about them seem so "un-Iggy-like."

Sure, these aren't the Wildcats of old, but you guys did go 4-6 in 2010 before finishing 13-2 and winning it all the next year. Also, two of your wins this past fall were against Mentor, which isn't exactly a bottom-of-the-barrel program. With at least two Big Ten recruits on your roster and a ton of hungry & experienced young men coming back, embrace the challenges ahead. It will only get better!
First, the Mentor program has been on a decline. Is their house poor, no. But, that was not the win it was for a couple decades.

Second, I mentioned the 3 specific schools here in tandem with the remaining schedule. I should have been more clear. Taking the schedule in total, it is stupidly absurd. As was being stubborn on the Friday schedule and thus a travel team in essence.

It couldn't get much worse than the bulk of last year, before playoffs. Haddad was a large part of the turn in playoffs, no doubt. With the QB room being very vacant, and Welo calling plays, excuse me if my pessimism is currently high until I see otherwise out of Welo especially.