2024 Federal League

Dave....you do not have Lake and Jackson lined up correctly....Lake is playing Cleveland JFK week 6....then playing Jackson week 7
Fixed on page 1 and reposted here

Screenshot 2024-04-12 at 14.27.20.png

Screenshot 2024-04-12 at 14.27.57.png

To say that the Federal League teams did well at the Stark County Track Championships earlier today is an understatement. Fed teams swept the top 5 spots for the girls and the top 4 spots for the boys.

Boys Top 5:
1. Perry 115
2. Jackson 92
3. Glen Oak 77
4. Hoover 74
5. Marlington 53

Girls Top 5:
1. Glen Oak 120
2. Jackson 89.75
3. Perry 82.50
4. Hoover 65.75
5. McKinley 48

Hoover senior Amahrie Harsh swept the 100, 200, and 400 meters. Marlington's Colin Cernansky won the 800 and 1600. Perry's Camille Neutzling won the 100H and the 300H.

Now that the schedules for all 7 teams are finalized, here is my ranking of the non-conference schedules from the most to least difficult:

1. McKinley
2. Jackson
3. Perry
4. GlenOak
5. Green
6. Lake
7. Hoover

Now that the schedules for all 7 teams are finalized, here is my ranking of the non-conference schedules from the most to least difficult:

1. McKinley
2. Jackson
3. Perry
4. GlenOak
5. Green
6. Lake
7. Hoover

1. McKinley
2. Jackson
3. Perry
4. GlenOak
5. Green
6. Lake
7. Hoover
I agree that some of the FED schools have very good non-conference schedules but it would be very hard for me to rate GlenOaks in the middle of the pack. Garcia seems to make it harder every year.

I agree that some of the FED schools have very good non-conference schedules but it would be very hard for me to rate GlenOaks in the middle of the pack. Garcia seems to make it harder every year.
I see it as very close between Perry, Jackson and GlenOak. All 3 play Fitch, who is a tough opponent. Jackson travels to Mentor while GlenOak hosts Massillon, which I see as about equally difficult. It's hard to say whether it will be tougher to play VASJ and Mansfield, or Stow and Mayfield. VASJ and Mansfield were better last year, but Stow and Mayfield are bigger schools who are usually better than they were in 2023. I suppose I'm projecting that Stow and Mayfield will bounce back, which they might not. If this were only based on how good the opponents were in 2023, I would have ranked GlenOak second. Same thing with Perry's schedule. While SVSM and Harding weren't up to their usual standards in 2023, I am giving them credit for their impressive histories. Also, since Riverside won 11 games last season, which is unusual for them, one could argue Green should be above Perry based only on 2023 results.

The league as a whole has really leveled up in terms of non-conference schedules. 3 years ago it was really just McKinley and GlenOak who had good ones, with everyone else lagging far behind. No more East-Jackson, Green-North Olmsted, Lake- Maple Heights games, which I see as a good thing. Hoover, though, seems to have gone the other way by adding Akron North. Not long ago they were playing non-league games vs Dublin Jerome, SVSM, and Bishop Hartley. They need to get back to that.

The league as a whole has really leveled up in terms of non-conference schedules. 3 years ago it was really just McKinley and GlenOak who had good ones, with everyone else lagging far behind. No more East-Jackson, Green-North Olmsted, Lake- Maple Heights games, which I see as a good thing. Hoover, though, seems to have gone the other way by adding Akron North. Not long ago they were playing non-league games vs Dublin Jerome, SVSM, and Bishop Hartley. They need to get back to that.
With the playoff system as it is, it's better not to play Akron North at all and just play 9 games. All you're doing is risking injury.

The elephant in the room here is that the OHSAA is committing teenagers to an 11-12 game season no matter what. And obviously more for the better teams. This is too much.

My extremely early over-under win totals for all of the teams, based on expected returning starters and non-conference schedules:

McKinley 7.5
Lake 6.5
Jackson 5.5
Hoover 5.5
Green 4.5
GlenOak 3.5
Perry 3.5

My extremely early over-under win totals for all of the teams, based on expected returning starters and non-conference schedules:

McKinley 7.5
Lake 6.5
Jackson 5.5
Hoover 5.5
Green 4.5
GlenOak 3.5
Perry 3.5
Do you really believe that Green will struggle that much? I will be shocked if they only get to 4-5 wins.

Do you really believe that Green will struggle that much? I will be shocked if they only get to 4-5 wins.
I would have said 6 or 7 before Martin tore his ACL during basketball season. If he can't play, then Green loses their top 6 leading receivers and two leading rushers from 2023. The good thing is the defense should be good, but I'm afraid Green will struggle to score points

McKinley 7.5
Lake 6.5
Jackson 5.5
Hoover 5.5
Green 4.5
GlenOak 3.5
Perry 3.5
I'll take a shot at this: But I'll go record prediction

McKinley 7-3 Outright League Champs
Lake 6-4 no idea about this McKeesport team
Jackson 4-6
Hoover 6-4
Green 5-5
GlenOak 5-5
Perry 3-7

I probably need to account for Perry winning a game they have no business winning, but I feel like they have the ability to be better they just aren't sound all the time and it gets them behind.

Jackson just hasn't shown me they can win games they aren't supposed to like they had before the coaching change (outside of not beating McKinley in a while), and will have a lot of their season hinge on the recovery of the QB from his injury last year. OC change might be a breath of fresh air, but we will see.

I think Lake hold solid through most of the year along with Hoover. Green to me is the wildcard, I can see these guys surprising everyone again and going 7-3 or if injuries hit down to a 4-6 3-7 type year. They have started to find their groove though a little bit in the league.

GlenOak will be tough, try to control the game running the football and if they can, they will be difficult to beat.