2024 Elder Football

The OHSAA board of directors approved divisional and regional assignments today. Region 4 has all of the usual suspects we’ve seen since the change to 7 divisions along with two new members: Little Miami and Winton Woods. Miamisburg dropped to D2.
Comparing 2023 to 2024 Maps We keep 16 teams the same. Lose 3 teams, and gain 2 others.

We lose Lebanon, Middletown, and Springboro.
We gain Winton Woods and Little Miami.

Teams stay the same.
Elder
X
Moeller
Colerain
Oak Hills
Sycamore
Princeton
Mason
Lakota West
Lakota East
Fairfield
Hamilton
West Hi
West Clermont
Milford
Walnut Hills

Region 4 has always been the 18 or so teams in the SW corner of Ohio.
Region 1 has always been NW Ohio, now it includes Toledo/NW Ohio.
Region 3 has always been Columbus.
Region 2 is now Dayton plus west Columbus.

Last year Region 2 had Findlay, Toledo Whitmer, and Perrysburg. Those tree teams moved to Region 1.
Region 2 gained Lebanon, Middletown, and Springboro.

Harbin wise this makes the Springboro game less important this year. If we lose, our wins don't hurt us in our own region.

Comparing 2023 to 2024 Maps We keep 16 teams the same. Lose 3 teams, and gain 2 others.

We lose Lebanon, Middletown, and Springboro.
We gain Winton Woods and Little Miami.

Teams stay the same.
Elder
X
Moeller
Colerain
Oak Hills
Sycamore
Princeton
Mason
Lakota West
Lakota East
Fairfield
Hamilton
West Hi
West Clermont
Milford
Walnut Hills

Region 4 has always been the 18 or so teams in the SW corner of Ohio.
Region 1 has always been NW Ohio, now it includes Toledo/NW Ohio.
Region 3 has always been Columbus.
Region 2 is now Dayton plus west Columbus.

Last year Region 2 had Findlay, Toledo Whitmer, and Perrysburg. Those tree teams moved to Region 1.
Region 2 gained Lebanon, Middletown, and Springboro.

Harbin wise this makes the Springboro game less important this year. If we lose, our wins don't hurt us in our own region.
Thanks. Interesting. I’m sure the Toledo people are not happy about their matchups with Eds

Thanks. Interesting. I’m sure the Toledo people are not happy about their matchups with Eds
Since Ignatius and Mentor have been down, Eds has had a cakewalk to the State Semis for the better part of 5 years. Ignatius is trending backup but still a yr away from challenging Eds. I’m not sure if Mentor can get back on track.

At the very least, Whitmer is a team that could be some kind of challenge. Even if they don’t beat Eds, it’s a game that shouldn’t end with a running clock.

Question for the loyal panthers fans from a Bomber and GCL fan. Are there any guys that I should be looking to watch this upcoming year on the varsity squad. I know several guys from schools like Moeller and Lasalle but haven't heard much about the Panthers. I had one kid in mind named Colton Emerson whom I watched his freshman year but I have heard from sources he transferred out this year. If you are familiar with Elder football please let me know.

Question for the loyal panthers fans from a Bomber and GCL fan. Are there any guys that I should be looking to watch this upcoming year on the varsity squad. I know several guys from schools like Moeller and Lasalle but haven't heard much about the Panthers. I had one kid in mind named Colton Emerson whom I watched his freshman year but I have heard from sources he transferred out this year. If you are familiar with Elder football please let me know.
Along with this can someone tell me if there is a plan for the Estep kid at QB. Heard about him in the fall and went down to watch him play basketball. Kid looks like a great athlete but his frame looks like it is one big hit away from a serious injury. Just interested to see if anyone has an update on the kid compared to what I saw in the basketball season.

Along with this can someone tell me if there is a plan for the Estep kid at QB. Heard about him in the fall and went down to watch him play basketball. Kid looks like a great athlete but his frame looks like it is one big hit away from a serious injury. Just interested to see if anyone has an update on the kid compared to what I saw in the basketball season.
Look for a typical Elder football team. Well coached but no real game changers.
Estep will be in a quarterback battle with Roden (Sr). Estep is probably the favorite at this point.
You are correct about his size. I am sure you will not see a running qb like Brass last year (1st team all state)

Look for a typical Elder football team. Well coached but no real game changers.
Estep will be in a quarterback battle with Roden (Sr). Estep is probably the favorite at this point.
You are correct about his size. I am sure you will not see a running qb like Brass last year (1st team all state)
The younger Re could be a legit threat at WR but outside of him, they really have nobody and that’s the problem. They’ll have good HS WRs that are fundamentally sound but none with the speed to take the top of a D. RB is a major concern as well. Willig was really good on JV, but he’s almost outgrown the position. Not many RBs are 6-2.

I am hearing this matchup will now be at Nippert. Confirmation will come later this spring.
Looking at UC's schedule they are off on October 5th.

I thought the Big 12 had some rule against High Schools playing in their venues. Did I hear that wrong. A drive to Clifton is a lot easier than a driver to Dayton.

I thought the Big 12 had some rule against High Schools playing in their venues. Did I hear that wrong. A drive to Clifton is a lot easier than a driver to Dayton.

I think the logic preventing this was it was an “unfair recruiting advantage.” Maybe that rule isn’t applicable with the Staff not on campus?

I have never seen that rule (or heard it until yappi). I was always told cost and/or logistics kept Moeller games away from Clifton on a given weekend.

I heard the GCL and GGCL Track & Field league meets were held at UC last night.

Correct. T&F GCL held at UC last spring as well. I think this Big 12 ‘rule’ is urban legend.
Well the organizers quit the season opening UC “Skyline Showdown”- after a 15+ year run. The primary reason given was that Nippert was no longer allowed to host the day long event. I’m not sure if that was a OHSAA, NCAA, or American Conference rule at the time or if anything has changed?

Well the organizers quit the season opening UC “Skyline Showdown”- after a 15+ year run. The primary reason given was that Nippert was no longer allowed to host the day long event. I’m not sure if that was a OHSAA, NCAA, or American Conference rule at the time or if anything has changed?
The Crosstown Showdown is DEAD. When you had a bunch of games at UC it was cool. When you have just random games and add Showdown to it doesn't do anything.

The 2017 Crosstown Showdown lineup was announced in May of that year with the traditional 2 Friday games and 4 Saturday games at Nippert. By July the games were moved. Here’s the important part of an article by Adam Baum:
Because the NCAA added an early signing period in December, it shifted the yearly recruiting calendar, making August a dead period for recruiting.
That means, per the NCAA, "During a dead period a college coach may not have face-to-face contact with college-bound student-athletes or their parents, and may not watch student-athletes compete or visit their high schools. Coaches may write and telephone student-athletes or their parents during a dead period."