2024 Cincinnati Area Open Jobs

A veteran coach would decline the interview on the phone call
Agree - coaches that agree to this are likely young and not as experienced. This shows me they want a coach that can be controlled at all costs, which is now typical of how HS coaches are hired. Who's the coach that's not going to push back on outside agendas.

Having parents on a hiring committee is very telling. Run.

Not the first time I've heard of a school having candidates "run a drill" during an interview.

Stupid and idiotic.

It’s not totally unheard of for prospective teachers to teach a sample lesson as part of the interview process.
Yes. Been there and done that.

Not sure there's any real value in watching a 10-15 minute coaching segment aside from analyzing organization and communication skills.

From a candidate/interviewee perspective this would be raising all kinds of red flags if I wasn't just trying to get a first head coaching job. Micromanagement, dealing with others that think they are the "expert" at the science (i.e. Xs and Os, drills, skills, etc.) of the sport, etc.

Yes. Been there and done that.

Not sure there's any real value in watching a 10-15 minute coaching segment aside from analyzing organization and communication skills.

From a candidate/interviewee perspective this would be raising all kinds of red flags if I wasn't just trying to get a first head coaching job. Micromanagement, dealing with others that think they are the "expert" at the science (i.e. Xs and Os, drills, skills, etc.) of the sport, etc.
Huge red flag, I've seen very few ADs/Administrators that have any business critiquing a coaches practice. RUN!!!!

La Salle will have a coach by Friday is the talk on North Bend Rd.
Educated guesses?

I'm going to go with Ruthsatz (which would be an amazing hire for LS) or a current GCL assistant, not affiliated with LaSalle. I have a feeling they want to get away from both the Fleming and Goedde ties completely.

I'm hoping it's someone that can bring a fresh perspective with a new approach the kids can get excited about. But the GCL is not known for making drastic moves. Smart money would bet on more of the same, but man, I hope not.

Educated guesses?

I'm going to go with Ruthsatz (which would be an amazing hire for LS) or a current GCL assistant, not affiliated with LaSalle. I have a feeling they want to get away from both the Fleming and Goedde ties completely.

I'm hoping it's someone that can bring a fresh perspective with a new approach the kids can get excited about. But the GCL is not known for making drastic moves. Smart money would bet on more of the same, but man, I hope not.

Why would he leave Cov Cath for LaSalle?

Clinton-Massie down to 6 candidates. Each candidate will get the chance to run a 10-15 minute drill with players in front of the 7 person committee. Players will get the chance to vote on which candidate they like the best. They did the same type of interview for the girls position. #golow

1. Some coach from Kentucky that won 18 games last season. Don’t know the name.
2. Dustin Eads
3. Jordan Berlin
4. Chad Fields
5. Steve Gerber
6. Logan Spriggs
As someone that has talked with a current candidate, this is absolutely incorrect information on how the interviews have been conducted. It's a normal interview process with questions. 14 candidates. 5 interviews.

Last edited:
Educated guesses?

How many current GCL Assistants not affiliated with LaSalle do you think actually applied for the job? Ruthsatz definitely be a huge win for LaSalle Basketball. Be interesting to see plays out. I would think an “outsider” would want as many of “their own” Staff members as possible for All 3 Levels.

As someone that has talked with a current candidate, this is absolutely incorrect information on how the interviews have been conducted. It's a normal interview process with questions. 14 candidates. 5 interviews.
As someone who is a a tax payer in the district I speak what I hear. So it looks like we have two different stories going around. I will do my best to try and figure out the truth when I’m piping drives down the fairway today. Besides I’m not going to get in an argument about Clinton-Massie basketball. #golow

Educated guesses?

This would surprise me. The Cov. Cath. situation is pretty darn good. They openly recruit Ky. and Ohio. Don't know the finances or what his teaching situation is.

This would surprise me. The Cov. Cath. situation is pretty darn good. They openly recruit Ky. and Ohio. Don't know the finances or what his teaching situation is.
Just a complete guess on my part, no inside info.

As I've said, I hope they at least hire someone with a new approach outside of GCL wrestle ball.

Educated guesses?

They still want CJ, AD ruined it but we shall see what they do