2023 Volleyball Season

Region 4/Southwest 4 is taking shape on Tuesday/Weds with two huge matches - too bad these matches aren't on the same night/gym

MND vs Harrison
UA vs Turpin

All other brackets going as anticipated

Teams left
ECC -4
GMC-1
GGCL-4
SWOC-1

Saturday should have 2 interesting matches - Centerville/SUA & the SW4 final

No real upsets in NEO so far, Hoban was pushed a little early but won in 5. Things start to get interesting later this week.

No real upsets in NEO so far, Hoban was pushed a little early but won in 5. Things start to get interesting later this week.
Wooster over Magnificat in D1 NE6 sectionals not an upset? I know it was 5 over 6, but was Magnificat that down this season?

I missed that, I would consider that a mild upset as Mags has changed a bit since the coaching change that occurred this year.
Was not aware of a coaching change. Following Wooster's tourney trail as our team was one of four to take a set from them in their 22-0 regular season.

Both Mags (6) and Olmsted Falls (7) chose to jump into Wooster's (5) side of the bracket only to get bounced. We'll see if Avon Lake (2) can end the Generals perfect run tomorrow night. Wooster alum here, so happy to see them back to their winning ways.

SWO

District Finals are set for Saturday

Kings vs Springboro
Seton vs Lebanon
UA vs MND
Centerville vs SUA

SWOC - 2
ECC - 2
GGCL - 4

The UA/MND & Centerville/SUA should be fun to watch!

This year was prime for a public school out of Cincinnati (outside of Kings) to make a run at the Regionals. Turpin had a chance last night as they held late leads in the first 2 sets against UA but couldn't hold on

SWO

District Finals are set for Saturday

Kings vs Springboro
Seton vs Lebanon
UA vs MND
Centerville vs SUA

SWOC - 2
ECC - 2
GGCL - 4

The UA/MND & Centerville/SUA should be fun to watch!

This year was prime for a public school out of Cincinnati (outside of Kings) to make a run at the Regionals. Turpin had a chance last night as they held late leads in the first 2 sets against UA but couldn't hold on
Anyone have a regional bracket? When are the regional finals in SW Ohio?

Avon Lake knocks out previously unbeaten Wooster 21-25, 25-19, 25-18, 25-21. It's the Shoregals first District title in 12 years. Next up is a rubber match with co-SWC Champion, Avon. The two teams split their matches this season, each winning on the others home court. Winner of that will face Toledo St. Ursula/Perrysburg winner for a trip to the Final Four.

Sat Oct 28
Kings vs Springboro 2pm at LE
UA vs MND 4pm at LE
Centerville vs SUA 4pm at Butler
Seton vs Lebanon 6pm at Butler

Hoping to be at LE for those two matches.
Thanks- I’m looking for the round after this. Assuming seeds hold- is it Seton v SUA on Wednesday and the winner gets Kings on Thursday?

Sat Oct 28
Kings vs Springboro 2pm at LE
UA vs MND 4pm at LE
Centerville vs SUA 4pm at Butler
Seton vs Lebanon 6pm at Butler

Hoping to be at LE for those two matches.
The UA vs MND match should be fun to watch and it should be just a great volleyball atmosphere - a lot of history between both programs meeting in the tourney plus both programs fan base/students travel well.

Kings vs Springboro shouldn't be too much of a match - Springboro was 0-2 vs the ECC & 0-4 vs the GMC and got swept in each match except for the Lakota West match which went 5.

The UA vs MND match should be fun to watch and it should be just a great volleyball atmosphere - a lot of history between both programs meeting in the tourney plus both programs fan base/students travel well.

Kings vs Springboro shouldn't be too much of a match - Springboro was 0-2 vs the ECC & 0-4 vs the GMC and got swept in each match except for the Lakota West match which went 5.

I’ve seen both play and IMO Kings is better than Springboro.