2023 Volleyball Season

I am surprised at the NDCL result, they were not getting any run in the CLE area and losing matches to team that got bounced early in the tourney. Maybe they were young and rounded into shape? It looks like they got a favorable draw so that probably helped. Either way I would be surprised if they take a set from St. Joe's.

In Div II it looks like Copley was able to use its height against Padua and sets up an interesting match with Marlington. Marlington is basically playing a home match and has been knocking on the Regional title door for years only to hit a NCL/Crown conference school in the regionals. This will probably be a packed gym and good atmosphere on Saturday.

I am surprised at the NDCL result, they were not getting any run in the CLE area and losing matches to team that got bounced early in the tourney. Maybe they were young and rounded into shape? It looks like they got a favorable draw so that probably helped. Either way I would be surprised if they take a set from St. Joe's.

In Div II it looks like Copley was able to use its height against Padua and sets up an interesting match with Marlington. Marlington is basically playing a home match and has been knocking on the Regional title door for years only to hit a NCL/Crown conference school in the regionals. This will probably be a packed gym and good atmosphere on Saturday.
I think St. Joe’s may be the team to beat in the state now in D1. As for the Marlington game, I thought Kenston was a tougher matchup for them than Copley will be.

I think St. Joe’s may be the team to beat in the state now in D1. As for the Marlington game, I thought Kenston was a tougher matchup for them than Copley will be.
You would think St. Joe's is now the chalk but it has been a weird year in Div I so anything could happen. I too thought Kenston would take that match but Marlington seems to be a solid squad, one of those that let's other teams make mistakes and they capitalize on them. Copley is young and tall, it will be on Marlington's setter to put the hitters in the best positions for clear swings.

Great question - not sure but just doesn't feel right to increase like that especially if you want to watch both Regional D1 games in SWO with it being over 2 nights
I guess the OHSAA knew what they were doing with the Region 4 D1 semi games!

Went to both matches and the gym was nearly sold out for both of them.

Cincinnati St. Ursula in 5
This was an awesome match to watch from a fan perspective - just 2 heavy weights throwing haymakers at each other! Great atmosphere with big cheering sections and good representation from each school there! It was loud & exciting. Just so much volleyball history between the 2 schools with such a rich tradition.

Match could have gone either way but in the end, SUA just made more plays in crunch time.

Predictions
D1 - Kings - this is probably the best public school team we have seen in Ohio in a long time (4 College D1 Seniors and a handful of other players that play on high level club teams)
D2 - Mercy - I give them the edge over Gilmour because they are strong at every position on the court
D3 - Lake Catholic - no one is going to touch them in D3. They are probably a top 4 team in the state for all divisions.
D4 - New Breman - have not seen them play this season, this is more of a guess

Predictions
D1 - Kings - this is probably the best public school team we have seen in Ohio in a long time (4 College D1 Seniors and a handful of other players that play on high level club teams)
D2 - Mercy - I give them the edge over Gilmour because they are strong at every position on the court
D3 - Lake Catholic - no one is going to touch them in D3. They are probably a top 4 team in the state for all divisions.
I'd think it would come down to Tiffin Calvert vs. New Bremen......Calvert is 2-0 in the State Finals against NB. Should be a incredible volleyball game if it comes down to it.

Predictions
Too bad I couldn't parlay this with the Ohio Gaming Commission.