2023 College Football Playoff

None of those schools were good before the mid 80s and they never stayed at a dominant level. If Miami was winning titles in the 90s and 2010s, then you could argue bc they’d have been a top tier program for 4 decades. It’s like Villanova Bball, they were good in the 80s, fell apart in the 90s and 00s, but resurged in the 10s. They’re not a College Bball blue blood.
When were you born pboy? If you have to live off stuff before you were born, your program isn't a blue blood NOW. You are living off the past. It's pathetic.

You can take the history ND has and keep it. I'll take winning titles that I've seen over having to go back to black and white for many of them in eras where 3-4 teams would claim titles in a given year

Ps: I don't care what an uniformed poster on a message board says about classifying blue bloods. It's irrelevant to me

Nonsense. You've still got plenty of P5 schools in addition to the ones who made the jump. They're a better conference than the ACC.
If the Pac still existed and expanded, taking OSU, Mich. and Penn State, would you consider the remaining BIG a power must watch conference?

Georgia has a opportunity to prove the committee right and wrong at the same time- killing FSU and proving they were not deserving while proving at the same time that they belonged in the playoff.
Both teams will have all their available starters from the season? No portal transfers or players going pro? Is the foremost goal winning the game or seeing what you have coming back next year and getting a practice game with an eye on 2024?

I'm glad you're living off ND stuff before you were born. Harvard , Yale, Princeton and Minnesota types won when ND was a power too. You have history and you guys live off of it.
Don't forget about Army! 😁
1701802963930.png

You seem to have conveniently overlooked a few things:
- The SEC had a losing record out of conference against the other Power 5 conferences
- The SEC had a losing record against the ACC teams. Pretty sure that Florida State won the ACC.
- Florida State beat LSU and Florida. Pretty sure both are in the SEC.
- The SEC champ lost by double digits at home to a Big 12 team.

The SEC is not the best conference this year. They usually are, but not this year. FSU deserves to be in.
We're a few days past this now. There is no one who regularly follows college football feels that FSU would have a prayer vs. the other playoff teams, and even teams in the top 10. It does stink for FSU, but no one "deserves" to be in the playoffs. It's decided by a committee.

When were you born pboy? If you have to live off stuff before you were born, your program isn't a blue blood NOW. You are living off the past. It's pathetic.

You can take the history ND has and keep it. I'll take winning titles that I've seen over having to go back to black and white for many of them in eras where 3-4 teams would claim titles in a given year

Ps: I don't care what a uniformed poster on a message board says about classifying blue bloods. It's irrelevant to me
We know you don’t care about logic, that’s well established

We know you don’t care about logic, that’s well established
Better look in the mirror on that little one. You are the one smack talking about stuff your great grandpa saw while attempting to trash a school that actually won titles in your lifetime.

There's not much of the "we" here except maybe from your ND buddy. If you have to brag about stuff from the early 1900s, it's because you have nothing now. That's logic

Hunter was a long time FSU commit. Deion got his job at Jackson state and flipped him which is fine. But he and Hunter devised a scheme to tell FSU its all good for months. Then turn on them on nsd to embarrass FSU

Deion was a big Taggart guy and wanted to embarrass his alma mater after they fired the idiot It's just one example of many where deion doesn't help Fsu. His bias is anything but positive towards FSU

He might just be the biggest jerk in college football. Maybe that's why his coaches and players are fleeing. But, the self-hype got him Sports Illustrated Sportsman of the Year

Better look in the mirror on that little one. You are the one smack talking about stuff your great grandpa saw while attempting to trash a school that actually won titles in your lifetime.

There's not much of the "we" here except maybe from your ND buddy. If you have to brag about stuff from the early 1900s, it's because you have nothing now. That's logic
They haven’t won a title since ‘88 but they were still competing at a high level through the 90s,00s, and 10s.

You don’t understand the concept of a blue blood. It’s being a quality program across decades, not being a nobody forever then being dominant for a decade, then returning to irrelevancy.

They haven’t won a title since ‘88 but they were still competing at a high level through the 90s,00s, and 10s.

You don’t understand the concept of a blue blood. It’s being a quality program across decades, not being a nobody forever then being dominant for a decade, then returning to irrelevancy.
FSU was a late starter program but since they got going , they've been relevant and competitive most of your life. Top 5 finishes in 87-2000. A few other major bowls between and then 2012-2016 2 playoff appearances and 3 ny6 bowls.

Oh yeah 3 national titles.

Again, I don't care about you desperately trying to boost ND over FSU using stuff before you're born. I like the Browns and Maple Leafs. If I tried to smack talk someone about their stellar play in the 60s I'd be laughed at. Just like im laughing at you.

I didn't pick FSU or anything. Long family connections did. But I'm glad to be brought up that way instead of being a victim of ND falling on their faces every year after being overranked

He might just be the biggest jerk in college football. Maybe that's why his coaches and players are fleeing. But, the self-hype got him Sports Illustrated Sportsman of the Year

Yeah his 4-8 finish was stellar.

Look I appreciate him as a player. Saw him when I was very young. Not quite my favorite like Warrick Dunn, Derrick Brooks etc but still was fun to watch

But deion is all about deion. Always has been. He's not exactly loved by many FSU fans as an ambassador type

You make some good points. If all the conferences were equal, granting byes to the champs would make sense. But as you pointed out the BIG12 is a mere shadow of itself. Plus if there are 5 conferences and 4 spots we are right back where we started wrt determining who the 4 teams are who should get byes.
Here you go:
2017 - #2 Oklahoma vs #10 TCU
2018 - #5 Oklahoma vs #14 Texas
2019 - #6 Oklahoma vs #7 Baylor
2020 - #8 Iowa St vs #12 Oklahoma
2021 - #5 Oklahoma St vs #9 Baylor
2022 - #3 TCU vs #10 Kansas St
2023 - #7 Texas vs #18 Oklahoma St
Avg matchup 5.14 vs 11.43
7 different teams have qualified
Avg winner 7.29
Different winners 4

2017 - #1 Clemson vs #7 Miami
2018 - #2 Clemson vs unranked Pitt
2019 - #3 Clemson vs #22 Virginia
2020 - #2 Notre Dame* vs #3 Clemson
2021 - #15 Pittsburgh vs #16 Wake Forest
2022 - #9 Clemson vs #23 North Carolina
2023 - #4 Florida State vs #14 Louisville
Avg matchup 5.14 vs 15.86
8 different teams have qualified, 9 if you count ND who's independent
Avg winner 5.28
Different winners 3

I’m talking about Vegas power rankings, i.e. only interested in assessing true power of teams in an unbiased fashion.

Clemson was a very different team at home vs. on the road. They lost once at home: To unbeaten FSU — a team that everyone thinks would have been Top 4 now if they still had Jordan Travis. That game was won in OT, 31-24. How’d it get to OT? Because Clemson had FSU beat and inexplicably missed a 29-yard chip shot FG with fewer than 2 minutes to go that ultimately would have won the game.

As for losing to Louisville at night on the road, that was ND’s worst performance of the year and a perfect storm: Raucous crowd for a big-name opponent; ND in the midst of playing their third of four straight difficult night games against then-unbeaten, then-ranked teams (vs OSU, at Duke when Riley Leonard was healthy, at Louisville, vs USC); the Duke game was particularly a fistfight and ND lost two of its better receivers to injury for the Louisville game.
No one gives a hoot about Vegas and their Power Rankings.
CFP Rankings 16
AP 15
Coaches 16
BCS 14

Also, sure sounds like a helluva lot of excuses as to why they lost to Louisville.

Here you go:
2017 - #2 Oklahoma vs #10 TCU
2018 - #5 Oklahoma vs #14 Texas
2019 - #6 Oklahoma vs #7 Baylor
2020 - #8 Iowa St vs #12 Oklahoma
2021 - #5 Oklahoma St vs #9 Baylor
2022 - #3 TCU vs #10 Kansas St
2023 - #7 Texas vs #18 Oklahoma St
Avg matchup 5.14 vs 11.43
7 different teams have qualified
Avg winner 7.29
Different winners 4

2017 - #1 Clemson vs #7 Miami
2018 - #2 Clemson vs unranked Pitt
2019 - #3 Clemson vs #22 Virginia
2020 - #2 Notre Dame* vs #3 Clemson
2021 - #15 Pittsburgh vs #16 Wake Forest
2022 - #9 Clemson vs #23 North Carolina
2023 - #4 Florida State vs #14 Louisville
Avg matchup 5.14 vs 15.86
8 different teams have qualified, 9 if you count ND who's independent
Avg winner 5.28
Different winners 3
I'm not sure what you posted there.

FSU was a late starter program but since they got going , they've been relevant and competitive most of your life. Top 5 finishes in 87-2000. A few other major bowls between and then 2012-2016 2 playoff appearances and 3 ny6 bowls.

Oh yeah 3 national titles.

Again, I don't care about you desperately trying to boost ND over FSU using stuff before you're born. I like the Browns and Maple Leafs. If I tried to smack talk someone about their stellar play in the 60s I'd be laughed at. Just like im laughing at you.

I didn't pick FSU or anything. Long family connections did. But I'm glad to be brought up that way instead of being a victim of ND falling on their faces every year after being overranked
Again, you don’t understand the criteria for a blue blood.

Again, you don’t understand the criteria for a blue blood.
Again, nobody cares.

You are bragging about stuff before you were born because ND hasn't won anything in your lifetime. It's you that is too stupid to see how pathetic that is.

Maybe I should get some 1964 Browns NFL title stuff and talk crap to a recent super bowl fanbase. That's pboy for you

I don't care about the ND black and white film or you living off the past.. ND is the poster child for being over ranked based on brand and falling on their faces in big games NOW

I'm not sure what you posted there.
Me either. He listed 7 years of games. 14 match-ups. Of the 14 teams Oklahoma and Texas are listed 8 times. One or the other or both played every year but one. He must be saying that Oklahoma and Texas are the cream of the Big 12. The Big 12 is nothing without them.

Again, nobody cares.

You are bragging about stuff before you were born because ND hasn't won anything in your lifetime. It's you that is too stupid to see how pathetic that is.

Maybe I should get some 1964 Browns NFL title stuff and talk crap to a recent super bowl fanbase. That's pboy for you

I don't care about the ND black and white film or you living off the past.. ND is the poster child for being over ranked based on brand and falling on their faces in big games NOW
Nobody is bragging, stating an opinion backed by logic. You’re just a little Piazza if someone doesn’t worship FSU.

Nobody is bragging, stating an opinion backed by logic. You’re just a little Piazza if someone doesn’t worship FSU.
I don't care what you think. You are a loser who got banned from your schools fricken high school games for God sakes...

You keep talking about blue blood bs because ND doesn't do well stacked up against FSU in your lifetime. You are so fragile that you had to come into a convo you weren't involved in because YOU were the one who couldn't take me ripping ND

So stop with the bs and shut up. Put your energy towards watching ND get overranked year after year and maybe one year they'll finally win the big one

I don't care what you think. You are a loser who got banned from your schools fricken high school games for God sakes...

You keep talking about blue blood bs because ND doesn't do well stacked up against FSU in your lifetime. You are so fragile that you had to come into a convo you weren't involved in because YOU were the one who couldn't take me ripping ND

So stop with the bs and shut up. Put your energy towards watching ND get overranked year after year and maybe one year they'll finally win the big one
ND has won 2 of the last 3, they stack up fine

ND has won 2 of the last 3, they stack up fine
How many national titles have you seen again? Rhetorical question obviously since you have to live off what your grandpa and great grandfather saw in their prime.

Think we all get by now that you guys live in the past much like Penn State. Overranked based on the past every year and never do anything.

I'm not going to agree with you and think you're pathetic so you can move on

Last edited:
How many national titles have you seen again? Rhetorical question obviously since you have to live off what your grandpa and great grandfather saw in their prime.

Think we all get by now that you guys live in the past much like Penn State. Overranked based on the past every year and never do anything.

I'm not going to agree with you and think you're pathetic so you can move on
One title the last decade and you think FSU is special?

Cool, college football history starts before the 90s
Well yeah one title over the last decade was your response. ND has none. So I'd say 1 is better than zero

Again we have been over this. You are talking up ND before you were born because they haven't been as good of a program as FSU in your lifetime

You think living off stuff from the early 1900s to before you were born is cool. I think that's pathetic. But hey it's all you have because ND has fallen flat on their face throughout your life.

I'm going to wave a 1964 Browns NFL title flag in front of some fans whose team won the Super Bowl in the last 10 years by your logic. Or a 13 Stanley Cups flag from the Maple Leafs with the latest being 1967.... Would be equally as stupid. Wasnt alive for any of it..

Enjoy wearing your 1924 champs gear though lol. Maybe one day you actually witness a national title.

Last edited:
Well yeah one title over the last decade was your response. ND has none. So I'd say 1 is better than zero

Again we have been over this. You are talking up ND before you were born because they haven't been as good of a program as FSU in your lifetime

You think living off stuff from the early 1900s to before you were born is cool. I think that's pathetic. But hey it's all you have because ND has fallen flat on their face throughout your life.

I'm going to wave a 1964 Browns NFL title flag in front of some fans whose team won the Super Bowl in the last 10 years by your logic. Or a 13 Stanley Cups flag from the Maple Leafs with the latest being 1967.... Would be equally as stupid. Wasnt alive for any of it..

Enjoy wearing your 1924 champs gear though lol. Maybe one day you actually witness a national title.
Maybe one day FSU will a win a title not marred by having an (alleged) rapist at QB. Then again, you are a Browns fan, so it’s normal to you.

Maybe one day FSU will a win a title not marred by having an (alleged) rapist at QB. Then again, you are a Browns fan, so it’s normal to you.
Well they won 2 other titles in my lifetime. How many have you seen ND win again ?

Also I guess you have joined the leftist side where any accusations are true even if they are proven false. Because with FSU, that accuser was full of crap and shredded for it. But good to know how you operate 👍

With the Browns side, I don't think you get what rape is. Could be hard to contemplate what sex forced or unforced is coming from a virgin though.

You have nothing though so you are pivoting similar to a politician caught in a lie

Last edited: