2023 College Football Playoff

Yes while down as you said. And you're STILL down 6-5 all time with that

Last one was 3 points. But yeah congrats on killing terrible FSU teams in 2018 with Taggart and 2020 in Norvell first year during covid after inheriting the Taggart disaster

Maybe one day you'll see a national title. Until then have fun being overranked most years and falling on your face getting blasted in major bowls
And didn’t the last time FSU beat ND bc of a bogus OPI call on a “pick” play that gets run multiple times every game?

FSU got screwed, but I feel less bad knowing how much it hurt you.

And didn’t the last time FSU beat ND bc of a bogus OPI call on a “pick” play that gets run multiple times every game?

Kinda feel the same way. I was sympathetic to FSU until all this ridiculous whining that refuses to acknowledge that you can’t beat great teams if your QB stinks.

Definitely the right call. It wasn't bogus.

I don't care about your feelings. You're a guy who got banned from his own high school's games for God sakes.

I'm pissed for FSU but I've seen 3 national titles. So I'll take it over seeing nothing

Last edited:
Kinda feel the same way. I was sympathetic to FSU until all this ridiculous whining that refuses to acknowledge that you can’t beat great teams if your QB stinks.
Sure you can. They just beat a top 15 ranked team throwing for 55 yards or something. ...

And that true freshman wasn't going to play in the next game ...

I'll take winning mattering over Vegas lines and future projections any day of the week. ESPN had Oregon over Washington for months in a rematch. They had Georgia over bama too. How did that turn out ?

It's why you play the games on the field and that should count . These kids got screwed. I don't care about what a couple butthurt ND fans think of me. You ran your mouths and I'll give it back

Sure you can. They just beat a top 15 ranked team throwing for 55 yards or something. ...

And that true freshman wasn't going to play in the next game ...

I'll take winning mattering over Vegas lines and future projections any day of the week. ESPN had Oregon over Washington for months in a rematch. They had Georgia over bama too. How did that turn out ?

It's why you play the games on the field and that should count . These kids got screwed. I don't care about what a couple butthurt ND fans think of me. You ran your mouths and I'll give it back
The only “running my mouth” I did was correctly predicting all Saturday night that Alabama would rightly get a spot in the playoff. Go email Jim Phillips and ask why there’s no 12-team playoff this year.

Georgia has a opportunity to prove the committee right and wrong at the same time- killing FSU and proving they were not deserving while proving at the same time that they belonged in the playoff.

Georgia has a opportunity to prove the committee right and wrong at the same time- killing FSU and proving they were not deserving while proving at the same time that they belonged in the playoff.
Not really. It will be a game full of opt outs because of the draft. Meaningless game.

And I know if FSU somehow wins, the narrative will be Georgia didn't care . And if Georgia wins it proves the committee right. That will be the ESPN narrative. They already alluded to it on the bowl show clip I saw

They deserve to be in. FSU was elite in the 90s, but outside of that and a brief resurgence in the mid 2010s, they’ve been nothing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Definitely the right call. It wasn't bogus.

I don't care about your feelings. You're a guy who got banned from his own high school's games for God sakes.

I'm pissed for FSU but I've seen 3 national titles. So I'll take it over seeing nothing
It’s a play that gets run every game, multiple times a game. It’s the same play Kelly called to beat Bama last yr.

They deserve to be in. FSU was elite in the 90s, but outside of that and a brief resurgence in the mid 2010s, they’ve been nothing.
You started stuff with me first bro. So don't act innocent because I'm not going to take it from a loser like you

FSU had 5 down years before starting to turn around last year. That brief resurgence gave us a title to celebrate. Maybe one day you'll see that if Notre Dame can stop getting rolled in big games

You started stuff with me first bro. So don't act innocent because I'm not going to take it from a loser like you

FSU had 5 down years before starting to turn around last year. That brief resurgence gave us a title to celebrate. Maybe one day you'll see that if Notre Dame can stop getting rolled in big games
No, I didn’t. You’re the one who bashed ND, I’ve been very vocal about FSU deserving to be in. And despite you, I still feel that way.

No, I didn’t. You’re the one who bashed ND, I’ve been very vocal about FSU deserving to be in. And despite you, I still feel that way.
I was talking to the other idiot from your fanbase and after he took shots, I bashed ND

You came into a convo you weren't involved in to argue with me because your feelings were hurt and you're fragile.

So yes you did come at me first. Don't do so if you don't want it dished back at you

Sorry but the truth hurts sometimes. Schools like ND and Penn State live off the 80s and constantly get overranked based on name. Penn State to be a feeder fish to OSU and Michigan. Nd because of the brand.

And both constantly disappoint and dont win anything. If the truth hurts, thats tough

The only “running my mouth” I did was correctly predicting all Saturday night that Alabama would rightly get a spot in the playoff. Go email Jim Phillips and ask why there’s no 12-team playoff this year.
You’re hilarious 😂 you are so desperate to be righ. I’ve never seen a dude so desperate for recognition

Why is Michigan in the playoff over Georgia?
One is an unbeaten P5 conference champ with a high quality win. The other is a once-beaten conference runner-up with no high quality wins. This is not complicated.

I would agree that cheaters should not be in - but trials take time. Once the cheaters are found guilty, anything UM does win will be vacated, but no one will care.

I’m excited for this Washington Texas game. Good subplot with Sark facing his old team. This should be a great match up.

Im not sure what to expect from Michigan-Bama. Bama’s OL is gelling at the right time, their mega OT recruit Proctor took his lumps early in the season but turned a corner mid season (as did fellow 2023 5* OT Francis Maluiaga (spelling) down in Miami, it’s imperative if OSU lands Seaton they get him in and rolling as a freshman) and bullied UGA. Michigan handled the only decent mobile QB they faced in Wimsatt but Bama and Milroe are better than Rutgers and Winsatt. Hoping for a great game where both teams end up losing.

One is an unbeaten P5 conference champ with a high quality win. The other is a once-beaten conference runner-up with no high quality wins. This is not complicated.

I would agree that cheaters should not be in - but trials take time. Once the cheaters are found guilty, anything UM does win will be vacated, but no one will care.
Missouri would be counted as a high quality win, IMO. But nevertheless, Michigans high quality win obviously trumps that.

All true, and all irrelevant to the discussion abut 2023.

They went unbeaten, won a P5 conference, beat LSU and Florida out of conference. The ACC had a winning record vs. the SEC. FSU deserved to be in, period.
I agree, just letting Mentor know FSU isn’t a Blue Blood. The true Blue Bloods: Bama, Texas, USC, Oklahoma, ND, Michigan, OSU. Maybe you include UGA and Penn St. The likes of Florida, FSU, Miami, Clemson haven’t been Title level programs long enough.

I agree, just letting Mentor know FSU isn’t a Blue Blood. The true Blue Bloods: Bama, Texas, USC, Oklahoma, ND, Michigan, OSU. Maybe you include UGA and Penn St. The likes of Florida, FSU, Miami, Clemson haven’t been Title level programs long enough.
Lol at Penn State and Georgia being blue bloods but not the Florida big 3. You've said many stupid things. That's among your worst.

I'm glad you're living off ND stuff before you were born. Harvard , Yale, Princeton and Minnesota types won when ND was a power too. You have history and you guys live off of it.

Maybe one day you'll have a title that you actually witnessed. I'll take the 3 I've seen over talk of a program when your great grandpa was in his prime.

Last edited:
And what does any of that have to do with whether a team should be considered a Power Conference moving forward?

What is your definition of national brand? Would you consider Miami FL a national brand? What about Clemson pre 2016? Does Deion and Colorado move the needle enough to be a national brand?

Must watch games:
TCU-Baylor has had some great games
The Holy War, BYU-Utah
Cincinnati-West Virginia was a really good rivalry in the Big East

Now are these Texas-OU, Alabama-LSU kr Michigan-Ohio State level big time games? No of course not, but are they better than Purdue-Indiana, Kentucky-Vanderbilt, Maryland-Rutgers?

I'm sure the B1G would take Utah over Indiana or Purdue. Definitely not over Texas or Oklahoma, but that's not what's being argued.

Basically what you're saying is, the B1G and SEC just need to break off and do their own thing. NFL Lite. One is the NFC, one is the AFC.
My proposal is to break off the top 30-40 D1 college football programs and put them into regionalized divisions. MAKE them play each other during the season, like the NFL does. For simplicity sake, let's just go with 40. 4-10 team divisions across the country. You play the 9 other team in your division. You take two teams from each division and put them in a playoff, first place from each division plays a 2nd place team from another division. That's week 10. Week 11 the winners play each other and the finals is week 12. You would have a much more fair system, with less subjectivity. The biggest issue with college football is most of the top teams do not play each other, so you have little to compare. Get the scheduling out of the schools hands. That's the biggest problem with the current system. How could this look?
East - Penn State, Clemson, South Carolina, Miami, Florida, Florida State, Georgia, North Carolina and Duke
Mideast - Ohio State, Michigan, Michigan State, Wisconsin, Alabama, Tennessee, Auburn, Louisville, Kentucky, Notre Dame
Midwest - LSU, Missouri, Ole Miss, Arkansas, Nebraska, Texas, TCU, Oklahoma, Texas A&M, Baylor.
West - Oregon, Washington, USC, UCLA, Utah, Arizona, Oregon State, Boise State, Washington State, Cal.

Now I'd have some system where you can move teams in and out of these 40 based on records and competition. There is only 8-10 programs annually that have a legitimate shot at winning it all anyway, so why have the other 80-100 teams to just be scrimmage games for the top programs.

" Coach Prime" reacts to FSU being excluded:

"Unfortunately, it comes down to some business," Sanders told Newsweek on Monday morning.

"You're not gonna leave [Alabama coach] Nick Saban out of the College Football Playoffs. You can forget that. You might as well fight something else. You'd rather argue with Texas or someone like that. And you've got to understand, these are all large-market teams, except for Washington. So, your fight would be with Washington, but they're undefeated as well."

Coach Prime just likes to hear himself talk. Alabama won the SEC championship game, you're not going to leave out a team from the best conference in college football, there is little to no debate about that. Washington is unbeaten and has a better resume than Florida State. Texas beat Alabama on the road.

Coach Prime just likes to hear himself talk. Alabama won the SEC championship game, you're not going to leave out a team from the best conference in college football, there is little to no debate about that. Washington is unbeaten and has a better resume than Florida State. Texas beat Alabama on the road.
Don't forget that Sanders played for Florida State.

Alabama won the SEC championship game, you're not going to leave out a team from the best conference in college football, there is little to no debate about that. Washington is unbeaten and has a better resume than Florida State. Texas beat Alabama on the road.
You seem to have conveniently overlooked a few things:
- The SEC had a losing record out of conference against the other Power 5 conferences
- The SEC had a losing record against the ACC teams. Pretty sure that Florida State won the ACC.
- Florida State beat LSU and Florida. Pretty sure both are in the SEC.
- The SEC champ lost by double digits at home to a Big 12 team.

The SEC is not the best conference this year. They usually are, but not this year. FSU deserves to be in.

What are you referring to?
Hunter was a long time FSU commit. Deion got his job at Jackson state and flipped him which is fine. But he and Hunter devised a scheme to tell FSU its all good for months. Then turn on them on nsd to embarrass FSU

Deion was a big Taggart guy and wanted to embarrass his alma mater after they fired the idiot It's just one example of many where deion doesn't help Fsu. His bias is anything but positive towards FSU

Lol at Penn State and Georgia being blue bloods but not the Florida big 3. You've said many stupid things. That's among your worst.

I'm glad you're living off ND stuff before you were born. Harvard , Yale, Princeton and Minnesota types won when ND was a power too. You have history and you guys live off of it.

Maybe one day you'll have a title that you actually witnessed. I'll take the 3 I've seen over talk of a program when your great grandpa was in his prime.
None of those schools were good before the mid 80s and they never stayed at a dominant level. If Miami was winning titles in the 90s and 2010s, then you could argue bc they’d have been a top tier program for 4 decades. It’s like Villanova Bball, they were good in the 80s, fell apart in the 90s and 00s, but resurged in the 10s. They’re not a College Bball blue blood.

The Big 12 will be a lesser conference starting next year. Check out the 2024 recruiting rankings. Texas Tech is the highest ranked nationally at 21. No longer should be considered a power conference.
Nonsense. You've still got plenty of P5 schools in addition to the ones who made the jump. They're a better conference than the ACC.