2019 Football

Schedule news..........it looks like the schedule will soften some. Per Mike Dyer...Moeller goes on the road to play Middletown week 1 (one year deal). He also reported that Princeton was still looking for a week 1 game. A ton has changed from back in the day, but it would be cool if they at some point renewed that rivalry. However, with the current state of the Moeller program, I'll gladly take Middletown next year!

Schedule news..........it looks like the schedule will soften some. Per Mike Dyer...Moeller goes on the road to play Middletown week 1 (one year deal). He also reported that Princeton was still looking for a week 1 game. A ton has changed from back in the day, but it would be cool if they at some point renewed that rivalry. However, with the current state of the Moeller program, I'll gladly take Middletown next year!

Anyone know entire schedule for 2020?

Anyone know entire schedule for 2020?

Cathedral was replaced with Middletown. Winton Woods will have to be replaced. I don’t know the contract situation with Lafayette and Trinity. Everything else should be the same.

As far as coaching news, I know they can’t come out and announce the names of people they are interviewing. It would not be fair to anyone involved. It would be nice if they made a statement to the fan base about where they are in the process. They have a pretty loyal following. It could simply be they concluded their first round of interviews or they are starting the process of second interviews. They hope to conclude interviews by a target date, etc. They don’t have to tell us anything, but it would just be nice to keep the fans somewhat in the loop.

Cathedral was replaced with Middletown. Winton Woods will have to be replaced. I don’t know the contract situation with Lafayette and Trinity. Everything else should be the same.

As far as coaching news, I know they can’t come out and announce the names of people they are interviewing. It would not be fair to anyone involved. It would be nice if they made a statement to the fan base about where they are in the process. They have a pretty loyal following. It could simply be they concluded their first round of interviews or they are starting the process of second interviews. They hope to conclude interviews by a target date, etc. They don’t have to tell us anything, but it would just be nice to keep the fans somewhat in the loop.

The interview process is still ongoing with more scheduled this week...

No I could careless. They stink, hope they stay that way! Moeller fans and alumni I’m sure would like an update or announcement though.

Another GCL "brother" that roots for the demise of another fellow private Catholic high school.

I, for one, hope Moe finds its roots again as the GCL is awesome when all 4 teams are competing at a high level. Great competition and mutual respect when all teams are top tier. It elevates each school.

First round of interviews were finished up last week. I'm still hearing from sources that a former FCS head coach has been offered the job. Marshall is hush-hush on the entire process. As we have found out in the past what we are hearing does not always end up being the pick come the time of the announcement. I just hope they get it right this time. In regards to the schedule I heard when they renewed the Lafayette contract last year it was another two year deal so they should still be on the schedule in 2020. So assuming Trinity is still on the schedule and Middletown is game one the only other game to fill is the Winton Woods game?

First round of interviews were finished up last week. I'm still hearing from sources that a former FCS head coach has been offered the job. Marshall is hush-hush on the entire process. As we have found out in the past what we are hearing does not always end up being the pick come the time of the announcement. I just hope they get it right this time. In regards to the schedule I heard when they renewed the Lafayette contract last year it was another two year deal so they should still be on the schedule in 2020. So assuming Trinity is still on the schedule and Middletown is game one the only other game to fill is the Winton Woods game?

Not sure why they would still be interviewing if someone has been offered the job? May want to double check with your "sources".

I don't believe they are still interviewing Rabbit. After the interviews last week and the prior week this coach was offered the job. My understanding is he is a friend of Marshall's. Again, this is what I'm hearing so I'm just sharing what I'm hearing. I would hope an announcement would come soon if the job has been accepted.

It sounds like Hyzdu is the main guy with finding coaches if you believe everything you read on here. I read on here that Asbeck had no say in the Naumann hire. Is that common in most schools that the President/Superintendent has the major say with coaching hires? I always thought the AD spearheaded the hiring of coaches. Not saying it's right or wrong....just curious. I'm sure it's a "collaborative" process, but I thought the AD was the main person and it gets filtered down from there.

I don't believe they are still interviewing Rabbit. After the interviews last week and the prior week this coach was offered the job. My understanding is he is a friend of Marshall's. Again, this is what I'm hearing so I'm just sharing what I'm hearing. I would hope an announcement would come soon if the job has been accepted.

I don't care when the announcement comes. Just hire the right coach!

Who is available? I would think Jay Volker and other past Moeller assistants would be interested. Also, has the Greg Hudson applied? There are quality coaches out there for sure.

Whoever it is I hope he gets a commitment to build a solid coaching staff as well. When you look at the successful programs it definitely starts at the top but there are a lot of solid assistant coaches that make the same commitment to hang around. It sure will be interesting to say the least. GBM

The FCS coach that they offered the job to last week turned it down. I'm assuming they couldn't come to an agreement on money. That's a big pay cut to go from a college head coach to a high school head coach. Let's hope they can figure this out and get the right guy.

The FCS coach that they offered the job to last week turned it down. I'm assuming they couldn't come to an agreement on money. That's a big pay cut to go from a college head coach to a high school head coach. Let's hope they can figure this out and get the right guy.
The Silver Spring House gossip on Saturday night says the FCS coach was not offered the postion, merely talked to since he obviously knew/knows a lot of high school coaches.

I am under no illusion that these boards are more or less rumors, but if I assume a lot of the chatter about our coaching search is true.

I’m disappointed that what some have opined easier seems to be true...call me crazy, but certainly seems to me that this job is no longer well thought of.

So to clear the air on rumors I’ve seen on here...looks like they got told no thank you from the dude at Cov Cath and also the dude at Hoban.

I want to believe that they really were just seeking advice/input from Mark Elder, there was just no way that was ever going to be a reality from a financial standpoint.

As an alum who did play football, all I want the school to do is think LONG TERM and hire a head coach and subsequent staff who will be here LONG TERM...only way to be successful in my opinion. Prime examples are X and Elder, I played in the late 90s and Specht and Ramsey were coaching back then.

I have zero insider information at this point, I no longer live in the tri-state, but I’m disappointed the job is not sought out, I don’t blame Hyzdu or even know who to blame, but I do wish the school the best of luck in finding our next head coach.

Is anyone familiar with where they honestly are in the process?

Cdubata is Definitely trying to run deflection on Marc Elder turning moeller job offer down. Now they need to save face on the next person they go after to know that they were not the first choice. He was not merely used by Marshall as a “consultant”. Marshall wanted him as the head coach. He was offered. It’s not jus a Saturday nite rumor. Elder was at the school this week. Marshall wanted to look as a hero if he could have gotten a college coach with impressive resume. But not sure if he would have been right choice? Maybe he did want to come back to Cincy and raise a family but whose to say if another college offer came along he wouldn’t have been gone. We all know who the job should go to, except Marshall. And I don’t think he has it in him to pick up the phone and try and make things right.
It could have been deflection, I don’t know know, not that smart or perceptive. There was some beer, some bourbon and a lot of B.S. while it was discussed So I’ll say you are probably right. I’m a StX grad, with some Moeller friends, with kids at Badin and the last one trying to decide where he wants to go. One of the individuals I was with is monetarily compensated by Moeller so I believe what he is saying. James Marshall Hyzdu will ultimately make the decision he feels is best. Maybe it was Elder, could be McLaughlin, maybe Wirth. Or maybe some off the wall candidate like Matt Tennant

I can confirm meeting will take place today with the players at 11:15 in the weight room... the reason has not yet been named but I think we all know what this is.