2019 Football

Rabbit, who is the right guy? Who's going to come here knowing that a two time State Championship coach was fired for a few sub-par years? Then they fire a former player after one year? I'm just stating that in order to "right the ship" they are going to have to give the next coach a long term guarantee and money to get "the right guy". You can't tell me you trust the Administration to make the right choice this time? Why this time? Why didn't they do it last time? Rosfeld was a good hire but last year it should have went to McClaughlin no questions asked but it didn't because one person's ego (Marshall Hyzdu) was more important than the players, alumni and Moeller High School. Where I get frustrated is that "the right guy" is willing to come home but it takes checking your ego at the door and doing what's right for Moeller High School. GBM!

Wow- I would be worried if MOEHATER spoke up if this is what we get with (recently created account) MOEFAN. So you really said Nobody is going to apply for this job? It was clear to those in tune with the program what the issues with Rodenburg were- this narrative that this hero coach was run out of town for no good reason is wrong and just tired.

Update on head coaching search: The first candidate targeted by the Moeller Brass turned them down. That coach is a head coach for a northern Kentucky high school. One interview took place last week. Person isn't current head coach nor is he coaching presently but he is a former college player and had a cup of coffee in the League. No call yet to McClaughlin. Kballer, and nothing on Bolden being interviewed. LOL!

Update on head coaching search: The first candidate targeted by the Moeller Brass turned them down. That coach is a head coach for a northern Kentucky high school. One interview took place last week. Person isn't current head coach nor is he coaching presently but he is a former college player and had a cup of coffee in the League. No call yet to McClaughlin. Kballer, and nothing on Bolden being interviewed. LOL!
You really are kind of out of touch. Why would Bolden be interested? Over the years there have been several coaches who left the GCL to coach in a public school because the retirement plans and benefits are better at the public schools. One good example is Grippa. After leaving the GCL there is a good financial reasons why he's coaching at a public school now. You're just reaching for straws right now and probably should cool off some before making any more ludicrous posts. Your posts are not really going to impact the search. If you are that angry with something take it directly to the admin face to face. More and more it looks like you have something personal going on here.

MoeDude, I never said Bolden would be interested in the job, nor would I say that, Kballer said that on November 8th so he's "kind of out of touch". I never thought my opinions would impact the search I just post as an idiot with the rest of you idiots. GBM!!!

Absolutely false. While the possibility that interviews have been conducted do to timing issues, they have not targeted anybody specifically. I 100% trust the individual that told me this. He openly said that they did call candidates that had shown mutual interest last year. Some will re-apply, others will not for various reasons. To say anyone has been targeted and has turned Moeller down is not fair to anyone involved in this process. He also told me not to mention Hudson because it ain't going to happen.

MoeDude, I never said Bolden would be interested in the job, nor would I say that, Kballer said that on November 8th so he's "kind of out of touch". I never thought my opinions would impact the search I just post as an idiot with the rest of you idiots. GBM!!!
Actually I never said Bolden would be interested, was just throwing crap out there like everyone else. And I’m a she.

So, Eviston said no. And, the Tony Pike rumors are true. ?

Moeller talked to the Coach at Covington Catholic. Probably not going to happen. He is doing quite well at CC and really doesn't have any direct competition locally in NKY.

I have heard from multiple people with kids on the team Moeller is targeting two coaches from outside of this area. One of them is the Hoban Coach and the other is from PA.

The biggest issues are facilities and compensation. Tough for coaches to give up jobs that have better facilities and the compensation is almost the same. Moeller brand caries a lot of weight, but maybe not enough to get coaches to leave great jobs.

Akron Hoban guy could be a good fit...played for Tressel and proven winner as a coach?
I am curious as to what the selling points of Moeller are to entice the Hoban coach to take the job? I ask because he has an awful lot at Hoban including:

- Beautiful on campus football stadium
- 20,000 square foot training facility
- National recognition including top 25 rankings the past few years
- He is both head football coach and Athletic Director
- He is a NE Ohio guy other than a stint coaching in Floriday

I just don't see what Moeller has to offer that he doesn't already have

A TRADITION like no other on the largest stage in high school football

Texas is the largest stage in high school football
As for Ohio the folks at St. Ignatius might have something to say about that
If you want to add the caveat "in the 1970's and early 80's" I might agree

But if that is what you are hanging your hat on to recruit a successful coach from a top program....well you are going to be sadly disappointed

You are obviously on the younger side fella

Moeller football history speaks for itself and by the way....they just added state championships 8 & 9 in 2012 and 2013...and almost 3 heated in 2014

Texas is the largest stage in high school football
As for Ohio the folks at St. Ignatius might have something to say about that
If you want to add the caveat "in the 1970's and early 80's" I might agree

But if that is what you are hanging your hat on to recruit a successful coach from a top program....well you are going to be sadly disappointed
I think you underestimate the name Moeller and what it conjures up with people. Heck just look on Yappi and see the reactions "What Gold Can Do For You!" generates. :) I still think that was one of the best campaigns! Especially when it started popping up on billboards around the Greater Cincinnati Area. :cool:

Moeller brand is really strong but a number of other programs have closed the gap. All four of the schools in the GCL are very strong brands, but lets not kid ourselves, Moeller's football facilities are horrible compared to others.

When is the last time a head coach from Moeller came from a school more than 30 miles away? Never? I laugh when I hear talk about a national search or coaches from programs with more recent success, and great facilities taking the job.

Moeller was had a national reputation back in the '70's and 80's. Moeller hasn't been in the discussion of national programs for 25 years. National programs include IMG, Don Bosco, St John Bosco, Bishop Gorman, Mater Dei, De Lasalle, Katy Texas

In Ohio the top programs recognized on a national level the past few years have been St. Eds, Mentor and Hoban

Unless Moeller is paying a big six figure salary for a football coach I would reduce your expectations to a SW Ohio or NKY coach.

Give naumann the job again. Rosfeld will be available by 20-21 when Taylor and the Bengals flop again. He won over the parents and alumni. He could be the guy until we find a replacement out in the 5-6 year range

Everyone wishes it was McLaughlin but it's not him, that bridge burned down and it's never going to be rebuilt. Here's what I'm hearing: The coach has been offered and it's not a Moeller Grad believe it or not. The guy isn't from Cincinnati (presently but grew up here). He's not a high school coach but comes from the college ranks. If the name floating around is true come tomorrow's announcement I think everyone will be shocked.

Everyone wishes it was McLaughlin but it's not him, that bridge burned down and it's never going to be rebuilt. Here's what I'm hearing: The coach has been offered and it's not a Moeller Grad believe it or not. The guy isn't from Cincinnati (presently but grew up here). He's not a high school coach but comes from the college ranks. If the name floating around is true come tomorrow's announcement I think everyone will be shocked.

Pleasantly shocked or you’ve got to be kidding me shocked?

Moe is in on some very good coaches. My understanding the process is still ongoing and I would be shocked if they made an announcement today. The person you mention above, does not sound like the candidates that appear to be front runners?