2011 season thread

He is like James Rodgers from Oregon State ;)

He's a very gifted athlete with awesome acceleration and speed. He's just a soph and a bit underdeveloped yet. But IMHO, he's the best long-term prospect and the wise move would be to get him involved now.

Why take off D? Just part time O with others. IMO ,, he gives a better chance at the home run ball. He would be good at returns too.

I agree. I would use him in limited capacity on offense. Not as a back though, but as a receiver. The last two weeks there's been too many dropped balls and poor routes. Jones will fight for the ball and make plays.

ok,, we could really use Mimes about now. when LA goes to the spread O Jones and Hudson should be at wr. Do you think anyone is looking at Tre at wr when it is a passing down?

I really think he could be the passing game's missing link.

The missing link is a consistent qb. Colerain throws the ball too much not enough. When you run the option an incompletion or a sack is a killer. I believe deep down that Bolden would not be running the option but for the fact it was there before he got there. I say TB if you don't want to run it then scrap it. You can't be half azzing it. Run it or dump it.

I did like Blust and Bolden in the backfield in the short yardage package. I would use it everytime when you have a few yards to go.

The missing link is a consistent qb. Colerain throws the ball too much not enough. When you run the option an incompletion or a sack is a killer. I believe deep down that Bolden would not be running the option but for the fact it was there before he got there. I say TB if you don't want to run it then scrap it. You can't be half azzing it. Run it or dump it.

So is it too much or not enough? I'm not following the argument. But either way, I would argue against becoming a passing team simply because of the personnel we traditionally have.

I did like Blust and Bolden in the backfield in the short yardage package. I would use it everytime when you have a few yards to go.

I love it! I remember they did it last year at least once, they might have also done it in '09 as well.

We've gotta' find some offense asap though. Our line is d@mn good, and I like LA, Sorn and Jester a lot. But it appears Detuan still has a ways to go to be very effective at the varsity level. Hopefully the injury to Tre' isn't too bad and he can suit up again soon because IMO he was getting ready to tear some s hat up!!!!! I think we should start involving Andre Jones on offense and let's also not waste Dustin Smith and let him just stand on the sidelines. I think he's nearly 100%. There are plenty of interchangeable parts and I have complete faith that the coaches will have it all sorted out.

I love it! I remember they did it last year at least once, they might have also done it in '09 as well.

We've gotta' find some offense asap though. Our line is d@mn good, and I like LA, Sorn and Jester a lot. But it appears Detuan still has a ways to go to be very effective at the varsity level. Hopefully the injury to Tre' isn't too bad and he can suit up again soon because IMO he was getting ready to tear some s hat up!!!!! I think we should start involving Andre Jones on offense and let's also not waste Dustin Smith and let him just stand on the sidelines. I think he's nearly 100%. There are plenty of interchangeable parts and I have complete faith that the coaches will have it all sorted out.

Tom mentioned last night that he's going to go to the defense for some help on O until things stabilize a bit.

According to MaxPreps, Cocoa lost to Skyline today 36-20.

Cocoa lost again this week to Miami Central 20-0. I don't think they have won a game yet but they are playing a brutal schedule. Elder plays Miami Central next week at Elder. I think Elder is in trouble next week.

Cocoa lost again this week to Miami Central 20-0. I don't think they have won a game yet but they are playing a brutal schedule. Elder plays Miami Central next week at Elder. I think Elder is in trouble next week.

when is the last elder lost 3 in a row?

There's two of them. 7th and 8th grade.

Thanks for the info. My mom's friend's son plays for Colerain and my Mom said she would come watch them when they played White Oak and they told her they didn't play White Oak this year since they didn't have a team anymore. Seeing as this info came from one woman who got her info from another woman, I figured it couldn't be accurate.

Thanks for the info. My mom's friend's son plays for Colerain and my Mom said she would come watch them when they played White Oak and they told her they didn't play White Oak this year since they didn't have a team anymore. Seeing as this info came from one woman who got her info from another woman, I figured it couldn't be accurate.

White Oak may not have a 7th grade team, that could be the confusion.

Cocoa, Fl finally had a 55-0 win this weekend. They're into the easy part of their schedule now so hopefully they can run the table and give us some Harbins.