General NFL Chat

Leading the stupidity was the Ravens play calling. They lead the NFL in rushing. So yesterday they have a total of 6 carries by the RBs, while Lamar drops back to pass 40+ times. Dumb. I'm glad the Ravens lost, but they did that to themselves.
Stefanski does the same thing. Opponents second to last in rush defense? Throw the ball 45 times. However, the Ravens play calling was criminal, and their team discipline was abysmal. Jackson will get all of the media blame, but this was an implosion by everyone.

Stefanski does the same thing. Opponents second to last in rush defense? Throw the ball 45 times. However, the Ravens play calling was criminal, and their team discipline was abysmal. Jackson will get all of the media blame, but this was an implosion by everyone.
This, in close games, teams lose games just as much as they win games. Chiefs rarely beat themselves; Reid is by far the best HC in the NFL he is old school, takes pts. usually, ran the football in the 4th qtr. and relied on his defense and Baltimore to make a mistake (mistakes), which they did.

I've never been as bewildered by a team that wasn't the Browns in a game.

How do you not kick the field goal to tie it? And then your defense gives up a TD like it's nothing on the very next drive. You get the FG, you amp up your defense and I think they hold there. Instead of letting them move the ball so easily.

The Lions were the dog that finally caught the car. They didn't know what to do with themselves up 24-7 and staring at a Super Bowl just 30 minutes away.
I didn't mind the Lions going for it on that particular 4th down, but I would've kicked the field goal on that 4th down they had in the 3rd qtr. Assuming the FG is made, they played just over half of the 3rd quarter and would've still had the 17-point lead that they built at halftime. That's not a bad position to be in and keeps the pressure on the 49ers.

In both conference championship games, the more poised team came through.

Did Lamar fumble the football before the goal line? The interception was bad but Mahomes is not exactly lighting it up either. Too many mistakes by Baltimore, turnovers and penalties. Defense wins championships and both defenses have been great.
No, but he did complete 77% of his passes against one of the best defenses in the league. Mahomes wasn’t his usual flashy self yesterday but he had an incredible day.

Leading the stupidity was the Ravens play calling. They lead the NFL in rushing. So yesterday they have a total of 6 carries by the RBs, while Lamar drops back to pass 40+ times. Dumb. I'm glad the Ravens lost, but they did that to themselves.
This was probably the biggest surprise yesterday. Todd Monken was incredible at Georgia and has been great, until yesterday, at Baltimore. It’s like he completely forgot what team he was coaching and their strengths.

" I'm the smartest guy in the room" philosophies doomed both the Lions and Ravens.
I completely agree with that point from the Lions point of view. It almost seemed like preserving your unbelievable aggressive stance of going for it on fourth downs was more important than realizing being up three scores was a heck of a lot more important. I should not have invested so much emotional energy into the Lions I guess. They had opportunity but decided the small percentage chance to increase the lead to three scores was the better option over the much higher percentage chance of increasing the lead to three scores.

We will never know what getting back to a 17 point lead may have done for the mindset of San Fran, but when they stopped the Lions San Fran was clearly immediately juiced and ready.

Very similar thing occured in the Packers game the week before, Packers went for it instead of taking the 3 points, and never recovered from the decision.

Detroit had all the momentum and that dropped pass on 4th and two in the third quarter changed the entire complexion of the game. You’ve gotta make plays and #8 for the Lions had two critical drops.

I've never been as bewildered by a team that wasn't the Browns in a game.

How do you not kick the field goal to tie it? And then your defense gives up a TD like it's nothing on the very next drive. You get the FG, you amp up your defense and I think they hold there. Instead of letting them move the ball so easily.

The Lions were the dog that finally caught the car. They didn't know what to do with themselves up 24-7 and staring at a Super Bowl just 30 minutes away.
I kept thinking to myself this feels like a Browns game. Jump out to a big lead as the underdog, get your hopes up and then inexplicably fall apart and choke.

It'd like they got ahold of the Stefanski playbook.

KC vs SF. KC has the better defense and QB, and HC. SF better Oline, skilled players,( not including QB) Kc better FG kicker, both have great TE's. For KC to win it has to be a low scoring game, Chiefs just don't score lot of pts.

I root for that asteroid every time Pittsburgh and Baltimore play each other.

What’s more likely to happen….the asteroid or a Browns Super Bowl victory?

It was nice seeing the Ravens go down the way they did.
* 16 carries for 81 yards. Only 6 carries by rb’s 2 by a wr and 8 for 54 yards by Jackson.

That’s not Ravens football nor the formula to beat KC.

I was completely surprised at Baltimore's lack of composure in key situations. The penalties and loss of control overall were the difference in the game. Lamar throwing his helmet on the sideline after the interception...I get it, you're frustrated, but you're a leader and you can't let that happen.

Last edited:
What’s more likely to happen….the asteroid or a Browns Super Bowl victory?

It was nice seeing the Ravens go down the way they did.
* 16 carries for 81 yards. Only 6 carries by rb’s 2 by a wr and 8 for 54 yards by Jackson.

That’s not Ravens football nor the formula to beat KC.
Browns would've beaten either one of those teams yesterday.

Just sayin'.

I was completely surprised at Baltimore's lack of composure in key situations. The penalties and loss of control overall were the difference in the game. Lamar throwing his helmet on the sideline after the interception...I get it, you're frustrated, but you're a leader and you can't let that happen.
I can't fault the Raven's D at all.

Offense was terrible.

I've seen Lamar throw his helmet multiple times in his career. He's not a "leader" in the sense of a typical QB.