You heard it here first: 2023 Div. 1 Football State Champions…Your Elder Panthers!!

Yes, you heard it here first! Back by popular demand and celebrating my 25th annual Ohio High School predictions. The 2023 Division 1 State Champs will be the Elder Panthers!

Finally, there is some optimism around here. I already submitted my state finals tickets order.

Honestly why not the Panthers? They are a bunch of well prepared, blue collar, hard working, lunch pail carrying, bull dogs ready to take the fight to anyone. Why not the Panthers!?

Last edited:
Yes, you heard it here first! Back by popular demand and celebrating my 25th annual Ohio High School predictions. The 2023 Division 1 State Champs will be the Elder Panthers!

Just don't see how Elder will beat StEd's if they get that far but I do think Region 4 could be a toss up. It will all depend on if Moeller develops their OL.

Honestly why not the Panthers? They are a bunch of well prepared, blue collar, hard working, lunch pail carrying, bull dogs ready to take the fight to anyone. Why not the Panthers!?
Bc those kinda players don’t have speed.

Why not us?
Too limited of a limited Run Game and no vertical threat at WR. If they had a true RB1 and a WR to take the top off a Defense, m this might not be such a crazy discussion. They will be strong on both Lines, excellent LB, inexperienced but talented Secondary with Uran and Sandhas. Brass has shown himself capable of leading the team at QB, even if it’s only until Schachleiter returns.

Last edited:
Too limited of a limited Run Game and no vertical threat at WR. If they had a true RB1 and a WR to take the top off a Defense, m this might not be such a crazy discussion. They will be strong on both Lines, excellent LB, inexperienced but talented Secondary with Uran and Sandhas. Brass has shown himself capable of leading the team at QB, even if it’s only until Schachleiter returns.

It was a rhetorical quesiton.

He thinks it is. Only someone with the initials DR knows this.
I’m sure Ramsey has an idea of how he expects things to play out. However, even he’s still in wait & see mode bc there’s no telling how effective Schachleiter will be returning from injury.

The supposed Yale undergrad & Stanford Law grad with a banger of a prediction. Final Word sucks.

Back in ‘02 and ‘03 we got crushed in week 2 both years…one to Warren Central and the other year to Louisville Trinity. Bounced back in both years to run the table to win the title! If our RB doesn’t fumble into the end zone for a touchback the other way, we win and you’re hailing me as the modern day Nostradamus!

Your 2023 D1 State Champs…the Elder Panthers!!

Back in ‘02 and ‘03 we got crushed in week 2 both years…one to Warren Central and the other year to Louisville Trinity. Bounced back in both years to run the table to win the title! If our RB doesn’t fumble into the end zone for a touchback the other way, we win and you’re hailing me as the modern day Nostradamus!

Your 2023 D1 State Champs…the Elder Panthers!!
Those teams were good, PN isn’t. Those Elder teams also had an unbelievable RB, where this team can’t run the ball outside of the QB. At best, E goes 5-5 wins over Neuman, Boro, maybe Chatard, VA school and maybe LS, but even that is questionable.

Last edited:
Those teams were good, PN isn’t. Those Elder teams also had an unbelievable RB, where this team can’t run the ball outside of the QB. At best, E goes 5-5 wins over Neuman, Boro, maybe Chatard, VA school and maybe LS, but even that is questionable.
Given Elder is only 4-5 against LS since 2014, I'd say very questionable. :)