WOAC 2023-24

Was at Wilmington today I believe. I think his best offer is new program in Columbus In, IU Columbus. Low school cost and brand new program. Hate to see a kid go in huge debt to go to school at Wilmington or Wittenburg
Yeah. Even with a good financial aid package often middle class people will pay 20K per year.

Was at Wilmington today I believe. I think his best offer is new program in Columbus In, IU Columbus. Low school cost and brand new program. Hate to see a kid go in huge debt to go to school at Wilmington or Wittenburg
And this is when a young man needs to face up with reality. Is it worth paying the same amount to attend a private D3 college as it would cost to attend a public university with vastly more options for career paths?

Seems the career will still be a significant part of their life 30-40 years after their last basketball game, at whatever level. I hate seeing young men chase something society is impressed with (ability to play basketball) if it would interfer with larger plans of career and family. His choice, but if they do not offer the exact major he is most inclined to pursue, then I would wonder if a 80k debt for a career path that was not first choice is a good tradeoff? Public pressure can be enormous, following it can be erroneous.

And this is when a young man needs to face up with reality. Is it worth paying the same amount to attend a private D3 college as it would cost to attend a public university with vastly more options for career paths?

Seems the career will still be a significant part of their life 30-40 years after their last basketball game, at whatever level. I hate seeing young men chase something society is impressed with (ability to play basketball) if it would interfer with larger plans of career and family. His choice, but if they do not offer the exact major he is most inclined to pursue, then I would wonder if a 80k debt for a career path that was not first choice is a good tradeoff? Public pressure can be enormous, following it can be erroneous.
Playing NCAA D3 & NAIA does not mean you will have 80K debt (did parents start a college account at birth?). Heavily recruited basketball players do not pay the sticker price just like 80% of the student body. Do agree if the school does not have your major than you can not attend.

National Trail has hired Andy Blevins as the next Boys basketball coach. National Trail alum. Has been Dixie Girls basketball coach the last 2 years. Great hire.

Attachments

• IMG_2598.jpeg
    IMG_2598.jpeg
    105.8 KB · Views: 24