WOAC 2023-24

I'm going with TV getting second. When the season starts, we shall see. Arrows Open the Season with KINGS @ Mason HS Dec 2 at 8pm
I wasn’t impressed with TV’s JV team last year they will have the Sagester kid but I’m not sure that’s enough. I was told they were absolutely awful in the summer league they were in up at Eaton.

Agree....that seems like it should be TV or Dixie but who else might sneak up there? Arcanum? FM with a full year of Fall? TVS returns a lot?
I have heard FM has been working hard. EB Fall is a Junior and will score points

Last edited:
Agree....that seems like it should be TV or Dixie but who else might sneak up there? Arcanum? FM with a full year of Fall? TVS returns a lot?
Dixie will give TV, or anybody else a run for their money for second place. They only lost 2 top scoring players to graduation. They will have 2 sophomores, that played JV last year as freshmen. One is 6'3 and shoots 70% 3 pts, and 90% FT. They will have strong shooting juniors and seniors. Height may be an issue, their tallest my be 6'4 or 6'5. TV only beat Dixie in the playoffs last year by 4 pts.

I would pick TV right now because I know they’d have the better coached team, I’m sure he’ll get a lot out of them but other than his son I’m not sure of another player they have that’s any kind of a difference maker.

Dixie will give TV, or anybody else a run for their money for second place. They only lost 2 top scoring players to graduation. They will have 2 sophomores, that played JV last year as freshmen. One is 6'3 and shoots 70% 3 pts, and 90% FT. They will have strong shooting juniors and seniors. Height may be an issue, their tallest my be 6'4 or 6'5. TV only beat Dixie in the playoffs last year by 4 pts.
70% from 3? Steph Curry 43% career

Can I be this young man's agent?

Last edited:
I would pick TV right now because I know they’d have the better coached team, I’m sure he’ll get a lot out of them but other than his son I’m not sure of another player they have that’s any kind of a difference maker.
Same, although I do think they will be as down as they've been in a long while. This will be the year that some teams can possibly knock them off. I do think Dixie will be good again, and Bradford could be a team to watch out for as well. I know that Davidson is gone now, but they return most of the other key players from last year.

I saw Dixie play last year a few times, if they had a 6'3 kid shooting 70% from 3 he wouldn't have been on the JV team.

He would also be the best shooter in the world :)

I saw Dixie play last year a few times, if they had a 6'3 kid shooting 70% from 3 he wouldn't have been on the JV team.

In fairness the guys a VV fan they don’t think about anything but football.

Dixie has a Freshman team and JV team. Coaches wanted him on Freshman to help win games, and JV coach wanted him on his team. Varsity coach wanted to ease him in for the speed of Varsity. Varsity did not really need him that bad. Anybody that saw him play Freshman or JV or played against him, knows his shooting ability. His name is Brayden Puckett and his number is 45. And his 3 pt [ 60 to 70%] and FT's are that good.

Last edited:
Dixie has a Freshman team and JV team. Coaches wanted him on Freshman to help win games, and JV coach wanted him on his team. Varsity coach wanted to ease him in for the speed of Varsity. Varsity did not really need him that bad. Anybody that saw him play Freshman or JV or played against him, knows his shooting ability. His name is Brayden Puckett and his number is 47. And his 3 pt [ 60 to 70%] and FT's are that good.
What's he play 4/5? gotta be the tallest kid at Dixie

Dixie has a Freshman team and JV team. Coaches wanted him on Freshman to help win games, and JV coach wanted him on his team. Varsity coach wanted to ease him in for the speed of Varsity. Varsity did not really need him that bad. Anybody that saw him play Freshman or JV or played against him, knows his shooting ability. His name is Brayden Puckett and his number is 45. And his 3 pt [ 60 to 70%] and FT's are that good.
Yeah Dixie was so good last year they couldn’t use the greatest shooter of all time. 😂 I’ll be on the lookout for this kid has to have offers pouring in when shooting at a clip like that.

I'm assuming schedule release should be coming soon. Arbiter isn't really up to date for schools that use it

I trust you are a basketball fan if you are taking the time to post on yappi, so you have to know what you are saying. Basketball Reference says there has been eight players in the history of the NBA to shoot over 50% from 3 in a season, but you say there is a freshman in New Lebanon that shoots it at 60-70% for the season.

You also say that the Dixie program wanted to keep him on the freshman team to win freshman games. You are making my head hurt trying to figure out how any of this makes sense.

I was intrigued so I pulled up a Dixie JV game on NFHS:

I really like the Dixie program. Their coach has done a great job building it and it seems like they will sustain some success based on some skill but mostly how hard they play for the staff and his scheme.

I won't go too deep in the scouting report, but I can confirm he is not close to a 60% 3pt shooter. Nice length though!

I was intrigued so I pulled up a Dixie JV game on NFHS:

I really like the Dixie program. Their coach has done a great job building it and it seems like they will sustain some success based on some skill but mostly how hard they play for the staff and his scheme.

I won't go too deep in the scouting report, but I can confirm he is not close to a 60% 3pt shooter. Nice length though!
Perhaps 60% during practice? According to a coach I have worked with in the past, he was over a 50% shooter one year from three playing for a local D1 university. So I asked him what percentage he shot from three in practice? He said about 80%.

I did check just now to make sure he was accurate. There is online stats showing he was 46 of 92 on the year, for exactly 50%. So my point is to shoot 50% in game situations you need to be at 70-80 % most likely in practice.

Last edited:
Perhaps 60% during practice? According to a coach I have worked with in the past, he was over a 50% shooter one year from three playing for a local D1 university. So I asked him what percentage he shot from three in practice? He said about 80%.

I did check just now to make sure he was accurate. There is online stats showing he was 46 of 92 on the year, for exactly 50%. So my point is to shoot 50% in game situations you need to be at 70-80 % most likely in practice.
Completely agree, if you watch NBA shooters shoot in workouts it is like they shoot 90%. Every shot looks the same!

As for the Dixie kid, I hope he has a great career and his relative that posted about him enjoys watching it! :)

I trust you are a basketball fan if you are taking the time to post on yappi, so you have to know what you are saying. Basketball Reference says there has been eight players in the history of the NBA to shoot over 50% from 3 in a season, but you say there is a freshman in New Lebanon that shoots it at 60-70% for the season.

You also say that the Dixie program wanted to keep him on the freshman team to win freshman games. You are making my head hurt trying to figure out how any of this makes sense.
Maybe he had 7 attempts for the season and hit 5? :rolleyes: 🙄🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Dixie opens the season in League play with Preble Shawnee. Kid better bring it lol
They’ve haven’t beat Shawnee in the last 15 try’s I’ll guess it goes 16 this season. Shawnee has to have its longest streak winning against them and Carlisle I’m not even sure why the Carlisle game gets scheduled anymore I’d like to see anyone else but them.

They’ve haven’t beat Shawnee in the last 15 try’s I’ll guess it goes 16 this season. Shawnee has to have its longest streak winning against them and Carlisle I’m not even sure why the Carlisle game gets scheduled anymore I’d like to see anyone else but them.
go to SWBL page and they say this year is different lmao