Who will be Green's new head football coach?

greendad

And when?
I have heard there will be a new HC and AD. I and others would like to know who.
I would like to see everyone chucked except Coach Rardin the OL coach. hes old school and did a good job with what very little we had for a line this year (2013)

And for cripes sakes no women and non-football people to be swayed by good speaking BSers on the selection committee!!

I'm actually starting to feel sorry for the kids of Green. It's a real shame that the administration has done this to this community. You have a great school and some of the best facilities around, yet you punish these kids by changing head coaches every third year. That would make almost every class have two different head coaches in their four years of playing.

Like greendad says, can you please get your crap together this time.

They won't because they just want money to be brought in through the sports teams. As long as they sell a certain number of tickets, they are happy. They SHOULD hire a no-nonsense guy, but they will hire an unknown who will cave to the parents and the community moneybags! Green is a great community, but they just are not tough like Tallmadge players. Too much given to the kids. I know some Green supporters will call me crazy, and that may be true (just ask my last girly-girl!!), but I am not the only one saying it. They are too pampered and have too much given to them. The kids EXPECT things rather than work for them. Just how I see it. Whoever they bring in will definitely have their hands full.

GR, Don't feel sorry for the kids of Green, they like it this way. As long as they get to play a little, they are great with a 5-5 record, or 6-4, whatever they finished this season.

Horgan is right to a certain degree, but not to the extent he claims. yes there are some players that fit his mold. And, Green isnt the Green of old. green in my day was regular old suburb with some farming and blue collar rubber workers and such. it was your average township sorta like tallmadge. the football team was always on top of the suburban league and the best athletes in the school ALL played football because that was the thing to do. kids wanted to be part of the kicking Green Bulldogs. Today, the team is just so-so, some the kids are SOMEWHAT like Horgan claims, and a lot of great athletes dont play football, I even personally practically begged some of the boys to play. The parents arent nearly involved like he thinks, I have been around the football community here for 10+ yrs. I've helped with things and heard of things. you'll always have some parental interference, we're dealing with kids. I can remember some instances that it was a good thing these dads stepped in and straightened out some crap. all schools have parents that squawk, even tallmadge :)

But Tallmadge has tough-minded kids that just bring their lunch pail to work and beat up on people! Green doesn't do that. They expect things to just happen, like their cars they drive to school. Take a drive through that parking lot during the school day and check out some of the vehicles these kids drive!

But Tallmadge has tough-minded kids that just bring their lunch pail to work and beat up on people! Green doesn't do that. They expect things to just happen, like their cars they drive to school. Take a drive through that parking lot during the school day and check out some of the vehicles these kids drive!

I have. Green isn't Hudson. For every new BMW and Escalade, I also see a lot of Civics and Tauruses that look like they have really packed on the miles. There are a lot of Green HS athletes who spent their early childhood years in Firestone Park, Kenmore, and West Akron. Green is actually wrestling Tallmadge this Thursday @ Revere, you should attend.

Don't do the wrastling thing. Don't like watching guys put their hands on other guys where their hands were never meant to be, and then roll around on a mat together hugging and pulling and tugging at each other. I respect the heck out of wrastlers because it is a tough sport, and they are out there by themselves in those tiny little onsies having their stuff all out there for all to see, but I just don't do it.

As for the parking lot, Green has a lot more nicer cars than most around. True about some coming up in Firestone Park, Ellet, etc, but they are more and more becoming very spoiled. Not having to work for much of anything, mommy and daddy paying for the gas in their cars, paying for their insurance, etc. Anyway, Green just needs a good toughening up if they want to compete in the league they are headed to.

I don't think I've ever seen a BMW or Escalade in the Tallmadge parking lot. And there are a lot of people from Firestone Park, Goodyear Hts, Kenmore, North Hill, Springfield and Barberton that moved to Tallmadge.

Don't do the wrastling thing. Don't like watching guys put their hands on other guys where their hands were never meant to be, and then roll around on a mat together hugging and pulling and tugging at each other. I respect the heck out of wrastlers because it is a tough sport, and they are out there by themselves in those tiny little onsies having their stuff all out there for all to see, but I just don't do it.

As for the parking lot, Green has a lot more nicer cars than most around. True about some coming up in Firestone Park, Ellet, etc, but they are more and more becoming very spoiled. Not having to work for much of anything, mommy and daddy paying for the gas in their cars, paying for their insurance, etc. Anyway, Green just needs a good toughening up if they want to compete in the league they are headed to.

there's a lot of hugging, pulling, tugging, grabbing, and placing the hands on certain places in football there as well dude. but I digress...

Point is, with wrestling being such a physical combative sport, Thursday should be the perfect opportunity to see the working class bad boys of Tallmadge utterly destroy the pampered bun boys of Green. See you at Revere!

Last edited:
True. the QB typically has to put his hands under the center, and I learned a quick lesson the hard way when I had my hands turned the wrong way when I played QB. The biggest problem I had was that the center that I had for the first 3 years of pee-wee ball never told me my hands were the wrong way............and I now find out he lives in Georgia with his husband!!! Ewww!

Point is, with wrestling being such a physical combative sport, Thursday should be the perfect opportunity to see the working class bad boys of Tallmadge utterly destroy the pampered bun boys of Green. See you at Revere!

Has nothing to do with what he is talking about.

True. the QB typically has to put his hands under the center, and I learned a quick lesson the hard way when I had my hands turned the wrong way when I played QB. The biggest problem I had was that the center that I had for the first 3 years of pee-wee ball never told me my hands were the wrong way............and I now find out he lives in Georgia with his husband!!! Ewww!

Wow! Reminds me of the time I ran into an old childhood buddy of mine and we got to talking and he said something along the lines of "I live in NYC now with my current boyfriend". I had no idea.

Has nothing to do with what he is talking about.

Actually he’s not talking about it, he’s writing…lol. But yes, I know I am making a logical fallacy in this all too important debate about high school athletics in our fine community. I know he is alluding to the transformational process of Green evolving from a once lower to center middle class rural community where youngsters were fed corn, pork chops, and potatoes, to a more upper/affluent suburban community where now youngsters dine on Peking duck, truffles, cavier, filet mignon, lobster mascarpone cheese ravioli, sushi, and red pepper hummus.

He believes this socio-economic/cultural shift has negatively altered the attitude and skill level of Green’s athletes, especially those who play football. Can this trend be amended? Only time will tell. But let us see how the Green wrestlers perform against Tallmadge….perhaps this will be the first step where hope will be kindled.

Oh ye of little faith....seriously I think Green will do alright for the most part in all sports heading into the Fed. But yes, football is paramount (hey we live in Northern Ohio) Perhaps Green resident Lt. Governor Taylor can get Jim Tressel to take over the football program :)

Come on, PRide, the man made a mistake and has paid a hefty price for it. O don't agree with what he did either, but he lost his job, he is basically unemployable as a coach for another 2 years at the NCAA level, and is basically a puppet at AU to raise money. I believe that if he had his choice to have a do over, he would report it in a heartbeat and would never even try to give that selfish moron Pryor a second thought. Just because you are 55 or so years old doesn't mean you don't make mistakes, just look at our President...it is all he does!
I am not saying the attitude out in Gree nhas diminished the skill level, it is the attitude that you need to have. Many live a privileged lifestyle that they do not have to work for anything. You want an IPhone, ok, here it is. You want a car? Ok, here it is, and here is the credit card to fill it with gas whenever you need it. Oh, you dropped your IPhone and IPad and they broke? Okay, here is another. It is all mental and having an attitude to get things you want by working for it, not having it given to you. I see it in the Highland kids, the Tallmadge kids, the Nordonia kids, and the Wadsworth kids, but not very often do I see it in the Green kids.

I believe Tressel was doing the same things at YSU, so I'm sure it wasn't the first time he made a mistake, just got caught.

For what its worth, Tressel stood at the 50 yard line at the Horseshoe, looked me in the eye and told me if he had to do it all over again, he would do it the same way. He said "I have to have my players best interest in my heart, and I will do what I have to do to protect them." Three weeks later he was fired

I have heard him say that he would do it again, but THAT was before he lost his job. While I am certain he feels more comfortable now with much less stress and more free time, he and his wife are kicking him about losing out on about $3.5M per year. I truly do not believe that he thought he would lose his job over it at the time he made that comment to you. A lot came out in those 3 weeks leading up to his forced dismissal.

Well, according to a thread on the football site, Coach Cybak is out. WHo would people like to see brought in?

I brought this post over from the football page

This Parent involvement thing is WAY over blown. Awhile back some parents got together , ones that were in the boosters or something I dont know, but they got together and pressured the AD to fire coach McVicker.
To this day, everyone thinks the parents run the show, what a load of crap.
Sure there are parents that complain here and there. All coaches at all schools have the same thing. Some coaches can deal with it some cant.
The new AD at green is Muzi, not some old fart that sucks . Muzi was a coach for years. He was a fiery one to boot.
I wish more parents, like some of the fathers that coached these boys all through youth could have had their two cents listened to by Cybak, the team could have probably benefited from it. Cybak didnt seem to use his talent right.

Everyone says they don't use their talent correctly when they aren't winning. That could be some of the problem to an extent, but this has gone on for the last 6 years. Do you think Stacy didn't use his talent properly also? I venture to say that Green doesn't have as much talent that you claim. Some years they have linemen with limited skill players, and other they have a lack of linemen and skill people to boot. I am not sold on the toughness aspect of Green players. I just don't see the killer toughness you need to have on the football field. Much of that comes from the coaches, but I know Coach Reardon is fiery and intense, and the kids still don't have it. It is their upbringing, life of having everything given to them is too easy for many of them to overcome.

Saw some kids out waving signs on Massillon Road last week in Green. They were advertising for their annual Mattress Sale. Good thing I did see it, because the old lady and I needed a new one after the pounding I have been putting on her now that the minions are out of the house! Yep, need to replace the ol' workbench!

Sorry to drag up an old thread but I posted on this one about a year ago when a new coach was just in the rumor stage. So what has happened this season? What is the state of Green football going into 2015?

Same old. They went 4-6 I believe. They did close the season with a last second win over Tallmadge, who began the season 5-0 and ended up with a 6-4 record, dropping 4 of their last 5. Green probably has some talent, but they never seem to have linemen when they have athletes, and vice versa. I just still do not see the program turning the corner until they get someone in there that will tell the parents to shut their mouths for a few seasons and let the coaches coach. Make your son's responsible for being in the weight room, for being at practice on time, and being tough. If the parents can get out of their kids' way, they might be able to compete for something....Oh, yeah, that's right, they are moving into the Federal League next year because they were just dominating the SL so much! I predict 3-7 next year.