What Movies Did You Watch in April 2024?

Luther The Geek (1989)

Horror: Well, it is a Troma film so it is likely going to be bad.... but will it be bad enough to be good? Here we have a maniac killer who clucks like a chicken and bites the necks of victims ripping pieces of their neck out. The film mostly takes place in and around a farm house where we have a widowed mom with her daughter and boyfriend who come face to face with the chicken clucking maniac. The highlight of the film is the daughter shower scene..... This one was bad enough to be good!!!! ... 4.0/8

Roadhouse (2024) 4/8 Not great, not terrible. Liked Gyllenhaal's adaption of Dalton. Thought the Connor McGregor's character was goofy. Almost cartoonish and it took a lot away from the movie. It had potential and I liked that they didn't just remake the original, they just missed the mark a little.
thought the same thing

A Haunting in Venice (2023)

Horror Mystery: 1940's post WW2 Italy we find ourselves in Venice at a house for a Halloween party that ends with a seance. Retired Detective set to prove it to be a fake turns out to witness a murder but who did it? This one strangely reminded me a lot of "The Sixth Sense". ... 5.0/8

Dream Scenario (Canada-2023)

Horror: Nic Cage sighting..... he stars in this one as a professor/family man who has no spine and just goes with the flow that is until something very strange starts happening that changes his life for the better and worse.... This one was great until the last 20 minutes or so when it went a different direction than I wanted.... oh, it could of been so dark.... oh well, still a solid watch despite the 8 different add breaks thrown it at the worse times on MAX (the worse app I have had so far) .... 5.5/8

Ministry of the ungentlemanly warfare---Operation Postmaster two THUMBS UP, enjoyable movie, didn't know it was based on a true story until after the movie...

Rebel Moon Part 2

2/8

Combining the worst elements of Disney's corruption of the Marvel and Star Wars universes this boring, utterly predictable & unoriginal movie cements Zack Snyder as one of the most overrated directors out there.

And at the risk of injecting politics into my review this movie isn't helped by it wokness. Every and I mean EVERY bad guy is a white male. While the "good guys" are a smorgasbord of attendees to a college diversity training group. Now I know how Blacks felt at their treatment by 1950's Hollywood.

Killers of the Flower Moon (2023) 6.5/8 Really good movie. DeNiro and DiCaprio at their best and Lily Gladstone, who played DiCaprio's love interest was great. A little long, but kept a good pace with plenty to keep your attention. Definitely on my re-watch list.

Rebel Moon Part 2

2/8

Combining the worst elements of Disney's corruption of the Marvel and Star Wars universes this boring, utterly predictable & unoriginal movie cements Zack Snyder as one of the most overrated directors out there.

And at the risk of injecting politics into my review this movie isn't helped by it wokness. Every and I mean EVERY bad guy is a white male. While the "good guys" are a smorgasbord of attendees to a college diversity training group. Now I know how Blacks felt at their treatment by 1950's Hollywood.
I’ve heard the movie sucks but Zack Snyder just might be my favorite director

Rebel Moon Part 2

2/8

Now this guy is harsh!

The Bad News Bears (1976) ... 7.0/8

probably seen this about 20 times.... came on last night and before I knew it it was midnight and I watched the whole movie again!!!!!!

Dracula (Dan Curtis' UK-1974)

Horror: A sped up version of Bram Stoker. I kind of felt for Dracula in this one. Jack Palance did a great job playing him showing a more "human" side to the Count.... 4.5/8

Abigail (2024) - 6.5/10

First half of the movie showed a lot of promise but tailed off in the second half. I like comedy movies with some horror elements but I don’t really like horror movies with comedic elements. The best horror movies are straight horror without dumb humor.

Whiplash 2014

4/10

Guess you gotta be a music person to enjoy it. skipped through most of the last 30 minutes.

Fresh (2022)

Horror: A plain girl gives up on dating and comes to terms of living alone meets a guy at the super market that sweeps her off her feet. They hook up and everything is great until they go off together for a trip. Well, it is a horror movie so something bad is going to happen..... This one got disgusting, not necessarily what is seen on screen but what is actually going on. Didn't have the stomach for this one.... 3.0/8

Dos Monjes (Mexico-1934)

Horror: Not the first horror movie made in Mexico but the 2nd. This is a story of two monks where one is possessed who fall for the same girl. Each tell their own perspective. Very goth looking but this one was just too old for me to get to into..... 3.0/8

Curse of Crom: The Legend of Halloween (2022)

Horror: A college girl living at home accidentally disturbs a ritual that releases an Irish Entity and it is up to her and friends to put it back in place. This one has a lot of charisma. I really enjoyed the interactions of the characters and they felt real. This was a low budget film that did everything right!!!! Fun watch...... 6.0/8

Milkmaids (2022)

Horror: 1757... town is being wiped out by small pox and the towns Clergyman is desperate for a solution when he hears a strange tale from a father who claims eating the hearts of the dead is the cure. Throw in a milkmaid who uses science to discover a more reasonable cure while experimenting with lesbianism with the local infested prostitute and we get this one.... 4.0/8

Mean Girls (2004) - 6/10

Wife got me to watch this one. Funny in parts but also really dumb. Really the movie just confirms how fake women friendships are

Rebel Moon Part 2

2/8

WAIT!

Snyder will put out 12 more versions!

You need to watch them all to see which is best!