What are you fan-championship priorities?

MickeyMantle

How would you prioritize the championships you want to see for the teams you root for?

Old No. 7's:

1. Reds World Series (Seen 1)
2. Son’s team city championships (Seen 2)
3. La Salle state in football/basketball/baseball (Seen 6)
4. Michigan football national title (Seen 2)
5. NKU hoops Sweet 16 (Coming soon! Not a championship, but a nice first step)

Michigan got me back in the championship column in January and that was a lot of fun. I cannot express how much I want to add another Reds World Series! In fact, I'd probably trade five of any of the others for just one Reds WS.

1. My Alma Mater. (Seen in person 16 of them)
2. League of my alma mater. (way too many to count)
3. Baseball/Hoops/football team of where I currently reside. (zip)
4. Steelers. Personally recall the 2 most recent.
5. Hoosiers basketball. Vaguely remember 1981, but really got into it for the 1987.
6. Penguins hockey. Few already.
7. The season after the Castellini's sell the team.....The Reds. Hopefully in the future AFTER the team is no longer owned by a Castellini.
8. Beerminton Title (personally playing). 2 titles!

Older I get, the less I care about the professional/collegiate titles of teams I follow and care more about my local/Alma mater HS teams. Personally those mean more to me.

1. Daughter's college softball team league champs and post-season run (Seen 2 each league and league tourney, one trip to the NAIA finals, 5th place finish)
2. Son's high school football team league champs (0 so far)
3. Reds World Series (seen 1)
4. Tennessee football champs (seen 1)
5. Cowboys Super Bowl (seen 3)

7. The season after the Castellini's sell the team.....The Reds. Hopefully in the future AFTER the team is no longer owned by a Castellini.
I disagree about the Castellinis a tad, but can't hate on you for this.

The Cincinnati Bengals might be No. 6 on my list (Or UC basketball), but I generally loathed them after 2011 when the lease story came out in the WSJ and then they had scum like PacMan, Maualuga and Burfict. Just couldn't do it. Joe Burrow and a cast of generally likable guys softened me a lot and I'm even closer now that Joe Mixon is gone. Now the past three years I've watched them and root for them, but won't buy tickets or licensed gear until Mike Brown is gone.

I disagree about the Castellinis a tad, but can't hate on you for this.

The Cincinnati Bengals might be No. 6 on my list (Or UC basketball), but I generally loathed them after 2011 when the lease story came out in the WSJ and then they had scum like PacMan, Maualuga and Burfict. Just couldn't do it. Joe Burrow and a cast of generally likable guys softened me a lot and I'm even closer now that Joe Mixon is gone. Now the past three years I've watched them and root for them, but won't buy tickets or licensed gear until Mike Brown is gone.
When he basically told the fans to F off because where else we gonna go....that was it for me. He thinks I dont have other options for my discretionary income/time?

F him.

I do, and it sure is not the Reds and to be quite honest, it has been refreshing the last year or so with not being tied into watching, listening, following and paying attention to the Reds or MLB.

Yeah, that was a stupid thing to say. Luckily, the roster the Reds have now is quite contrary to that statement and very fun to watch.
To me that was the last straw. My interest had been waning but still would attend a couple games a year but far removed from 5-10 years ago when I followed every game in some fashion. Honestly, went to dinner and it was on TV yesterday and i was like, 'oh yeah, it is opening day'.

Baseball has been losing me for a number of years now. The new rules to speed things up are better, but I already have 2 feet out the door and onto spending my money/time on other things and hopefully the things I do have owners who try to get my business and realize i have elsewhere to go.

Buddy of mine owns a bar in my hometown. He ROUTINELY thanks customers online stating 'we know you have a choice' and appreciate the business.

but anyways.....my focus is more locally. I have seen my teams from HS-college-professional win titles and the HS titles always meant more to me because they are my people, I roamed those halls, i live in these towns, i know these kids and families.

I could see a day in a few years when my viewing of college/pro football comes down to just the biggest of big games. I havent watched the World Series is a very long time as I am always checked out of baseball.

I would say my sons HS team winning state but they did that. Winning goal too ;)

After that it's the Guardians and then the Browns.

The rest of my teams all have something of late so no worries.

How would you prioritize the championships you want to see for the teams you root for?

Old No. 7's:

1. Reds World Series (Seen 1)
2. Son’s team city championships (Seen 2)
3. La Salle state in football/basketball/baseball (Seen 6)
4. Michigan football national title (Seen 2)
5. NKU hoops Sweet 16 (Coming soon! Not a championship, but a nice first step)

Michigan got me back in the championship column in January and that was a lot of fun. I cannot express how much I want to add another Reds World Series! In fact, I'd probably trade five of any of the others for just one Reds WS.

1. Cleveland Browns
2. Ohio State Football
3. Columbus Crew
4. Youngstown State Football
4a. Thiel College Football
4b. Slippery Rock Football
5. Cleveland Guardians
6. Ohio State Mens or Womens Basketball
7. Youngstown State Mens or Womens Basketball
8. Youngstown Phantoms Hockey
9. Columbus Blue Jackets
10. Ohio State, YSU, Thiel or SRU secondary sports not listed above

I don't know where to put the Montreal Alouettes. Big fan of theirs for years, but really supported Winnipeg since Collaros went there. More happy for them than actively rooting for them.

Not including high school sports here because if Greenville (PA) ever were to win a state title they'd be a hundred spaces above the Browns in this list. But it's so unlikely I just don't even contemplate that possibility. Same for any other team I support from around the country.

1. Pirates (seems to be impossible)
2. Buckeyes (it’s been 10 years of coming up short)
3. Penguins (Crosby isn’t getting younger)
4. Steelers (I’ve given up on Tomlin winning anything ever again)
5. Crew/ Chelsea (I’ve seen them win a ton over the years)

1. High school alma mater (Triway) win a baseball state championship (or basketball or football, in that order)
2. Cleveland Browns win a Super Bowl
3. Cleveland Indians win a World Series
4. Ohio State Buckeyes football win a National Championship
5. Kent State baseball win a College World Series