Week 6: Elder

I know players on the team now that weren't going to get much time this year that have grown into starting roles. Hell Vollmer wasn't going to play much at all, now he is carrying the ball 25 times in a game.
Vollmer is a huge stretch. He is one of the best athletes in the program and just about everyone thought he was going to get major playing time during the season.

I know players on the team now that weren't going to get much time this year that have grown into starting roles. Hell Vollmer wasn't going to play much at all, now he is carrying the ball 25 times in a game.
I’m not going to air out all the goings on behind the curtain at X. There are numerous players that have never truly been given an opportunity. It’s a fact, I could name specific players.

Vollmer is a huge stretch. He is one of the best athletes in the program and just about everyone thought he was going to get major playing time during the season.
I would argue the only thing holding him back is grasp of playbook, but I would agree they definitely were going to find someplace to put him.

I’m not going to air out all the goings on behind the curtain at X. There are numerous players that have never truly been given an opportunity. It’s a fact, I could name specific players.
I can agree with some of this and at the same time I think there are some kids that just are not able to grasp the playbook which prevents them from getting on the field. StX Offense and Defense are not the easiest for some of these kids to learn. Often it plays to StX's advantage but these past two seasons it seems to be working against them.

I can agree with some of this and at the same time I think there are some kids that just are not able to grasp the playbook which prevents them from getting on the field. StX Offense and Defense are not the easiest for some of these kids to learn. Often it plays to StX's advantage but these past two seasons it seems to be working against them.
I have a hard time believing that St. X students are incapable of "grasping the playbook"-- if so, they are probably in the wrong school...

Kids get overlooked and pushed aside for opportunity all of the time in HS athletics. Alot of times they are pushed aside because the coaching staff wants to see another kid succeed. Sometimes they just don't like the kid, and sometimes it's for no reason at all. There are times when a kid has done nothing wrong, is good enough, and never gets a shot.

Most people will tell you "aw, he's not working hard enough" or "he's not good enough" - not always true.

These things happen and it sucks for the kid. It sucks because those capable players will never get those 4 years back, and their destiny is not really in their hands.

X fans/alumni? Who is your favorite gcl school outside of X?

Elder, Moe or Lasalle? I was just talking to a buddy of mine who is a X grad.

Curious on where you stand?

Refs, cheaters, and the other team playing music distracting them.

Elder players and coaches are top notch. The old school old dudes whine about everything, and the new school daddy ball guys don't care about anything but their kids getting playing time.

Neither group appreciates the coaches and players how they should.
They care if their Beer is Cold before and after the Game😁. Panthers and Bombers need to step up their Game tonight. Not looking good from either of them. Of course tough competition for both.

They care if their Beer is Cold before and after the Game😁. Panthers and Bombers need to step up their Game tonight. Not looking good from either of them. Of course tough competition for both.
Exactly right on the parents. More smiling picture taking after a 38-7 beat down. As long as their Johnny is playing, all is good and fun!!

Exactly right on the parents. More smiling picture taking after a 38-7 beat down. As long as their Johnny is playing, all is good and fun!!
I actually love the smiling photos on the Field from the Parents even of the kids that don’t see the Field. That stuff infuriates Omar the Dbag so I love it!!