Week 12: The Evil Empire (Part Deux)

I'd agree with your assessment of the WR corps. Like the QB situation, the WR personnel (#80, #6, #12) was basically the same since scrimmage #1.
12 was consistently open but never even got a glance. I just saw a few plays from playoff game where he was wide open streaking across middle of field and ball was thrown behind him. It’s like there was no rapport with anyone except 6.

Go back to the first Moeller game and count the number of drops by the WRs. If the WRs catch those balls StX probably wins that game and #7's fortunes might look a little different. We are putting way too much blame on #7 because of his last name. I am not saying is all state material but he can't be the scapegoat for the lack of offense.

I am also not sure there is a better QB within the program right now. I don't buy into Specht just playing #7 because of his last name. Specht isn't built like that.
It should be noted that's the same game he threw THREE interceptions.
I agree in not blaming the kids, they've all played their hardest. The adults own this mess.

Go back to the first Moeller game and count the number of drops by the WRs. If the WRs catch those balls StX probably wins that game and #7's fortunes might look a little different. We are putting way too much blame on #7 because of his last name. I am not saying is all state material but he can't be the scapegoat for the lack of offense.

I am also not sure there is a better QB within the program right now. I don't buy into Specht just playing #7 because of his last name. Specht isn't built like that.

No one and I mean no one, can watch #7 play and think he is the best QB in a school of 1400 students. I don't know if #3 is either, but watching on TV, #7 is far below average. X had no chance to score and it became painful to watch. I feel bad for the kid, the coaches at X should never put that kid into that situation. He is not ready and now gets all the heat and attacks; unfair, when this all lays at the feet of the coaching staff. Coaches should be embarrassed they played #7, the blame is on the adults, not kids who are doing the best they can. I know the X alumni are pissed off they wasted a very talented team and now 4 straight losses to Moeller. When is the last time X beat a team they were not suppose too? Lets leave #7 and #3 alone and make the adults take the responsiblity.

Do St. X alumni (and parents) demand a coaching change in FB, like basketball, baseball and soccer, because they can't beat Moeller?

Specht isn't built like that, but it seems like a lack of opportunity or development is happening at multiple positions.

What's the definition of insanity?

In 12 games, #3 wasn't give one series or one snap at QB running the regular offense. Even in blowouts vs MLk, Boro, and Trinity FL no opportunity given.

In 12 games, #82 and #22 both athletic WRs didn't get an opportunity with all the drops or lack of blocking outside. #13 who is undersized and proven to be no threat in passing game saw more PT late in season and playoffs.

In 12 games, #87 was only TE used in passing game. #40 was basically used as a blocking TE. Seemed like nobody else was developed or given opportunity, which showed once #87 was out for season.

Just seems odd at the hs level.

Do St. X alumni (and parents) demand a coaching change in FB, like basketball, baseball and soccer, because they can't beat Moeller?
The previous basketball coach was not a good dude. He ran a lot of kids out of the program. Tough to do that when you basically have very little creditability within the school itself. Parents aren't going to be able to run off Specht, he is a four time state champion and very beloved within the StX community. We have seen this type of thing before and Specht will right the ship.

It should be noted that's the same game he threw THREE interceptions.
I agree in not blaming the kids, they've all played their hardest. The adults own this mess.
Two of those interceptions went through the hands of the WRs. It was one of the worst games for the WR group of the season. Not saying everything was a perfectly passed ball, but just think overall team issues contributed to the lack of offense. I fully expect StX to win the Region next season and who knows who will be at QB. Just too much talent in Soph and Jr classes.

No St. X alumni (or parents) have demanded a coaching change in any of those sports -- or any other sports (certainly not in any posts I have seen here in the last few years-- or anywhere else for that matter).

I realize that you're not very sharp, in large part due to where you went to high school, but at some point, after ~two decades of making it clear to you that St. X (unlike Moeller) is NOT first, last and always about the on-field success of its sports programs, one would think that relatively simple concept would sink in to your stunted mind. I realize that it is a VERY hard concept for you to grasp, because Moeller has virtually nothing else going for it, except its sports programs-- so you think that OTHER schools are run the same way Moeller is-- but St. X is NOT focused on the on-field results of its sports teams-- regardless of the sport.

St. X emphasizes academics and religious education, FAR more than sports (which are just EXTRAcurricular activities-- NOT a core activity)... Sports will be NEVER be the raison d'etre at St. X (again, unlike Moeller).

The previous basketball coach was not a good dude. He ran a lot of kids out of the program. Tough to do that when you basically have very little creditability within the school itself. Parents aren't going to be able to run off Specht, he is a four time state champion and very beloved within the StX community. We have seen this type of thing before and Specht will right the ship.
To WHOM are you referring here? I don't think this is an accurate depiction of the St. X basketball program.

It is funny that you neglect to mention that St.X beat Moeller 4 times in a row in football from 2019 to 2021. Is that why Moeller kept changing football coaches previously because they couldn't win against St. X? Didn't some Moeller fans and one of the Moeller coaches get into a heated argument during a St.X/Moeller game because X was beating them so bad that some of your fans got so frustrated?

Last edited:
No St. X alumni (or parents) have demanded a coaching change in any of those sports -- or any other sports (certainly not in any posts I have seen here in the last few years-- or anywhere else for that matter).

I realize that you're not very sharp, in large part due to where you went to high school, but at some point, after ~two decades of making it clear to you that St. X (unlike Moeller) is NOT first, last and always about the on-field success of its sports programs, one would think that relatively simple concept would sink in to your stunted mind. I realize that it is a VERY hard concept for you to grasp, because Moeller has virtually nothing else going for it, except its sports programs-- so you think that OTHER schools are run the same way Moeller is-- but St. X is NOT focused on the on-field results of its sports teams-- regardless of the sport.

St. X emphasizes academics and religious education, FAR more than sports (which are just EXTRAcurricular activities-- NOT a core activity)... Sports will be NEVER be the raison d'etre at St. X (again, unlike Moeller).

Birddog, you've been waiting for ReLoad? Well here he is. LOL.

You are a tool and not a very sharp one at that. Moeller has a lot more going for it than you think. As an uninformed low information poster, you should do your homework before posting simple minded opinions here. GBM 💪 🏈

You... Moeller has a lot more going for it than you think. As a highly informed high information poster, you have done your homework before posting opinions here. 💪 🏈
Typical of graduates of your HS-- resorting to juvenile scatological insults, when your pride is hurt-- nothing you have to say can change the fact that Moeller is essentially the Catholic version of the old, ridiculous Cincinnati Academy of Physical Education (or the lamer, not nationally ranked, not as competitive version of IMG Academy).

Moeller is an absurdly underachieving institution-- when it comes to what really matters-- what the primary mission of a high school is supposed to be. There is not one good reason to send a talented, ambitious (and smart) kid to Moeller-- not when he can get a better academic education for FREE at the local public high school (Sycamore), and a better Catholic and academic education at St. Xavier (for a similar price), and (if he's really good at sports-- and cares about that excessively), he can realize any sports ambitions he has just as well at a dozen other schools in town. It's the reason that I've seen Moeller grads who were top athletes send their sons to St. X in recent decades-- but I almost never see a St. X grad send his son to Moeller-- unless there is a problem academically that forces that choice.

No talented football, basketball, or baseball player, with NCAA Division I potential NEEDS to go to Moeller to realize the objective of playing NCAA Division I sports-- Moeller NEEDS those athletes FAR more than any of those athletes need Moeller. Conversely, the academic grind that St. X puts its students through on a daily basis is indispensable training for college (hence the name "College Prep") at a level that VERY few schools in Cincinnati can provide to their students-- and the ones that can come close to matching it tend to be either non-Catholic and/or tiny and VASTLY more expensive than St. X.

Birddog, you've been waiting for ReLoad? Well here he is. LOL.
As I said, you're not very bright-- the fact that you can't tell two obviously different people apart indicates that whatever skills of discernment you were taught at Moeller were not well developed.

It is funny that you neglect to mention that St.X beat Moeller 4 times in a row in football from 2019 to 2021. Is that why Moeller kept changing football coaches previously because they couldn't win against St. X? Didn't some Moeller fans and one of the Moeller coaches get into a heated argument during a St.X/Moeller game because X was beating them so bad that some of your fans got so frustrated?
While ALL of what you posted above is true, it is entirely BESIDE the point-- only at Moeller do alumni and fans get so upset about on-field athletic setbacks that they start fights in the stands (and in the COACHES' BOX!) and regularly (at one point, YEARLY) demand and agitate for coaching replacements-- that kind of stuff does NOT happen at St. X-- nor should it EVER be tolerated-- either at St. X or at Moeller-- but what happens at Moeller is of almost no concern to me-- Moeller has been a misguided, benighted institution pretty much since its founding, so I see such behavior over there as simply par for the course-- BUT, if it should ever start happening at St. X, that would be a massive sea change--and a very dark day, indeed.

While ALL of what you posted above is true, it is entirely BESIDE the point-- only at Moeller do alumni and fans get so upset about on-field athletic setbacks that they start fights in the stands (and in the COACHES' BOX!) and regularly (at one point, YEARLY) demand and agitate for coaching replacements-- that kind of stuff does NOT happen at St. X-- nor should it EVER be tolerated-- either at St. X or at Moeller-- but what happens at Moeller is of almost no concern to me-- Moeller has been a misguided, benighted institution pretty much since its founding, so I see such behavior over there as simply par for the course-- BUT, if it should ever start happening at St. X, that would be a massive sea change--and a very dark day, indeed.
Since you asked. Does the name little Jimmy Lallathin ring a bell? GBM 💪 🏈

ReJect, ReJect, where might thee be?
Sucking hind teat behind a tree! GBM 💪 🏈
Somebody is living rent free in your head. Once again, what is it with your need for love from the St. X community? Did the Moe community kick you out? I assume you are a student...

By the way, what exactly are you crowing about? Because all I know is that if X had a QB that could complete wide open passes to wide open receivers and not turn the ball over, X would have EASILY gone 2-0 vs. your mighty moe team which would be sitting at home right now. Not to worry, though, the moe team that I saw play on Friday will be sitting home soon enough. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

It's all about winning state, isn't it? When is the last time moe did that??? Waiting.....

Last edited:
It is 100 percent accurate. He wasn't asked to leave because of the win/losses, he was not invited back because of how he treated players.
Well, I can't comment on that (I didn't have a kid on the team)-- but it CLEARLY was NOT about wins and losses, as he was highly successful with his on-court results-- 58-32, and beat Moeller for the first time in a number of years (and played them-- and other GCL teams-- close in virtually all games-- something X had NOT been doing recently)-- so, he's NOT an example of X putting athletic wins over academic or religious development-- if anything, you are alleging that he wasn't living up to the Ignatian ideal for an educator... Not sure if that is true or not, but it's NOTHING whatsoever to do with what goes on at Moeller all the time.

No one and I mean no one, can watch #7 play and think he is the best QB in a school of 1400 students. I don't know if #3 is either, but watching on TV, #7 is far below average. X had no chance to score and it became painful to watch. I feel bad for the kid, the coaches at X should never put that kid into that situation. He is not ready and now gets all the heat and attacks; unfair, when this all lays at the feet of the coaching staff. Coaches should be embarrassed they played #7, the blame is on the adults, not kids who are doing the best they can. I know the X alumni are pissed off they wasted a very talented team and now 4 straight losses to Moeller. When is the last time X beat a team they were not suppose too? Lets leave #7 and #3 alone and make the adults take the responsiblity.
Absolutely! Interestingly during the Bengals broadcast Sunday they highlighted St. X and herbies son- not Moeller the winning team and the school that an actual Bengal (Hubbard) played for. I remember watching Wolf and Clifford and thinking man these guys are special- that is the standard, really shocked the coaches allowed this to continue

Yeah, he got let go for something other than his coaching as did the most recent coach. I don't understand what point is trying to be made here.
Parents and players taking up their displeasure to the school Administration. You may want to refer to it as parental interference. In other words, "demand and agitate for coaching replacements". I am afraid that all schools regardless of pedigree can be influenced by the parents and players who seek change simply because they think they have all the answers. This behavior is not confined to the school in Montgomery only. Take a look at all of the posts here that refer to dissention and discord as it pertains to this year's gridiron performance. Might there be some outside influence at play here? You be the judge. GBM 💪 🏈

Parents and players taking up their displeasure to the school Administration. You may want to refer to it as parental interference. In other words, "demand and agitate for coaching replacements". I am afraid that all schools regardless of pedigree can be influenced by the parents and players who seek change simply because they think they have all the answers. This behavior is not confined to the school in Montgomery only. Take a look at all of the posts here that refer to dissention and discord as it pertains to this year's gridiron performance. Might there be some outside influence at play here? You be the judge. GBM 💪 🏈
Parental interference is alive and well in all sports - school and club alike. Hell, I'd say it's even rampant in other activities other than sports as well. I'm not condoning it in the least. There is a distinct difference between a bunch of keyboard jockeys attempting to solve the local high school sports problems versus parents calling for the heads of the coaches because little Johnny or Susie isn't getting enough playing time or their child's feelings got hurt. I'm not sure how bringing up Lallathin embodies this epidemic. He failed at his duties in the school not the gym. It certainly wasn't a mob of parents calling for his head.

Yeah, he got let go for something other than his coaching as did the most recent coach. I don't understand what point is trying to be made here.
The point being made here is that for some reason, St. X is the most important topic in birdog's life. I get the feeling he got rejected by X and has never stopped trying to somehow be involved with X.