U15 US Open FS Placers

Seeding here is based on a pin system. Usa wrestling ohio knows this. You can go to all the ohio tournaments you want but the results won't get entered. Smh
OR
go to a qualifier in Indiana and get it entered right away.
Why won't ohio usa wrestling support their own kids?
these kids are sacrificing so much time and money yet usa wrestling ohio doesn't care. It's so pathetic and sad
How do we fix this?

How do we fix this?
Get ohio usa wrestling to enter results so that kids can get the points. If they are sending them in but yet aren't getting registered find out why and make it happen.
We had very good 15u kids affected by this. Kids who are dedicated and representing ohio extremely well

This is not about my son. He overcame a 14 and 13 seed to get 3rd and 2nd
It's about the overall support for the kids. We need these kids to be in the beat possible position to have success on the national/ potentially international level

Foe example- ohio has had many qualifiers this year. Gavin cantera, an ohio 15u kid, has wrestled in 6 because of paying extra and doubling. He has gotten up, made weight, traveled and done very well. His pin score sucks because NOTHING shows up as having been done
My son went to a qualifier in Indiana LAST Sunday. He is a 15 u kid.
His greco consisted of 2 matches. 1- the kid wouldn't wrestle him and forfeited. 2- the kid was 3-16 and a quick tech. ( we did get exhibitions)
So my sons pin score went up 15 points based on those 2 matches.
Ohios 15 u kids placement in brackets ar the US open is affected by usa wrestling ohio not getting it done.

Get ohio usa wrestling to enter results so that kids can get the points. If they are sending them in but yet aren't getting registered find out why and make it happen.
We had very good 15u kids affected by this. Kids who are dedicated and representing ohio extremely well

This is not about my son. He overcame a 14 and 13 seed to get 3rd and 2nd
It's about the overall support for the kids. We need these kids to be in the beat possible position to have success on the national/ potentially international level
I'm ignorant to this I guess... we had some Ohio guys seeded.

Rowlands and whitely were the 1 in 15u? Rowlands and eventual champ, Dube met in the round of 16 since dube was unseeded. But Dube is a PA kid.

So I don't understand how it works at all.

But more importantly is it just that simple to ask usa wrestling ohio to enter stuff?

I'm ignorant to this I guess... we had some Ohio guys seeded.

Rowlands and whitely were the 1 in 15u? Rowlands and eventual champ, Dube met in the round of 16 since dube was unseeded. But Dube is a PA kid.

So I don't understand how it works at all.

But more importantly is it just that simple to ask usa wrestling ohio to enter stuff?
Rowlands went to central regional the last 2 years- in indiana
Rowlands went to school boy duals and went undefeated last year-- in PA
Dube, crazily has only wrestled for like 2 years ,

Whiteley- great schoolboy record-- outside of ohio

Foe example- ohio has had many qualifiers this year. Gavin cantera, an ohio 15u kid, has wrestled in 6 because of paying extra and doubling. He has gotten up, made weight, traveled and done very well. His pin score sucks because NOTHING shows up as having been done
My son went to a qualifier in Indiana LAST Sunday. He is a 15 u kid.
His greco consisted of 2 matches. 1- the kid wouldn't wrestle him and forfeited. 2- the kid was 3-16 and a quick tech. ( we did get exhibitions)
So my sons pin score went up 15 points based on those 2 matches.
Ohios 15 u kids placement in brackets ar the US open is affected by usa wrestling ohio not getting it done.
If this is true that’s lazy on USA Ohio part.

Also. No need to embellish. Your kid was 14 and 11 seed not 14 and 13….

If this is true that’s lazy on USA Ohio part.

Also. No need to embellish. Your kid was 14 and 11 seed not 14 and 13….
It was interesting. I checked the pin score to see where I had messed up with the seeding. I could be wrong on how I messed it up- BUT the qualifier from Indiana was put in (crazily was just last sunday and already put it) and I had previously thought he was gonna be the 13 and he ended up the 11. I wonder if what made me wrong was the adjustment to his pin score after Indiana was put in. Dunno

Last edited:
many of those u15 kids had their state tournaments this weekend.
The results have ALREADY been added into USA wrestling which will help the teams pin scores.
The TEAM seeding at the schoolboy duals will be based on the collective pin scores of the team

For as much complaining as I have done, I have to say THANK YOU to those getting these put in for the kids.

Also the tournament ran extremely well this weekend! I know it has to be hard to have a weigh in end and a tournament start an hour later. It started close to on time and mats were full the whole time. This weekend was a great success