Troy Memorial Getting Turf

Great stadium. They will be able to host playoff games now. For some reason I thought it was going in this past season and when it didn't, I thought the project died.

Haven't been to a game at Troy in probably 10 years or so, but the grass was in solid shape any time I was there. Unless that changed, I don't like the idea of them moving to turf. Yes, it would make a great playoff location (if they decide to host), but unless I'm mistaken, doesn't Troy have quite a few fields around the campus that can be utilized by other sports?

Haven't been to a game at Troy in probably 10 years or so, but the grass was in solid shape any time I was there. Unless that changed, I don't like the idea of them moving to turf. Yes, it would make a great playoff location (if they decide to host), but unless I'm mistaken, doesn't Troy have quite a few fields around the campus that can be utilized by other sports?
The new socce fieldld will also have their own turf field.

I'm all for grass fields but for the last 4 to 5 years the grass has been awful. I don't like there Stadium as well as Piqua's or Sidney's Stadium's. I will go to playoff games their but it sucks that they will definitely take games from Sidney and Piqua.

I'm all for grass fields but for the last 4 to 5 years the grass has been awful. I don't like there Stadium as well as Piqua's or Sidney's Stadium's. I will go to playoff games their but it sucks that they will definitely take games from Sidney and Piqua.
Thanks. Sad to hear the grass has gotten poor.

Seriously, whoever does Pick Central's field needs to do clinics for field maintenance in Ohio.

Seriously, whoever does Pick Central's field needs to do clinics for field maintenance in Ohio.
Like everything else you get what you pay for. Marion Local spent some money and redid their field a couple of years ago, very nice now, flat field (no crown) and drains great.

Yes, PC's field always looks great. They definitely did it right over there. I too have noticed Troy's field worsen over the years. I think between varsity football, boys soccer, and girls soccer (I don't know if JV soccer is played there or if they have JV soccer), the over usage finally took its toll

May be a bit of a homer, but Troys stadium has always been one of my favorite stadiums in Ohio. Holds over 10,000 and it’s in a beautiful scenic location near downtown and on the River. This just adds to the appeal and I’m so glad they did it.

The location is ideal due to it being relatively close to Dayton, and parts of NW Ohio (MAC etc) and only an hour ish from Cincy and Columbus. They will def again get playoff games.

Interesting tidbit, as we’re speaking of grass. The lawn business what it is today was created in Troy. The Duke family created the lawn application business which is now what is Tru Green.

Maybe it’s because it’s been so long since I’ve seen a game there, but I can’t picture Troy’s stadium holding 2,000 more than Piqua’s and 3,000 more than Sidney’s. Are there end zone seats I’m forgetting?

Maybe it’s because it’s been so long since I’ve seen a game there, but I can’t picture Troy’s stadium holding 2,000 more than Piqua’s and 3,000 more than Sidney’s. Are there end zone seats I’m forgetting?
I think Troy's stands run endzone to endzone. I thought Piqua's did as well, but I'm not sure. Piqua also has the chairback section, which probably takes away some numbers I don't think Sideny's does. That may be the difference. I thought Piqua held 10K as well

Sidney:
IMG_4073.jpeg

Piqua:
IMG_4074.jpeg

Troy:
IMG_4075.jpeg

May be a bit of a homer, but Troys stadium has always been one of my favorite stadiums in Ohio. Holds over 10,000 and it’s in a beautiful scenic location near downtown and on the River. This just adds to the appeal and I’m so glad they did it.

The location is ideal due to it being relatively close to Dayton, and parts of NW Ohio (MAC etc) and only an hour ish from Cincy and Columbus. They will def again get playoff games.

Interesting tidbit, as we’re speaking of grass. The lawn business what it is today was created in Troy. The Duke family created the lawn application business which is now what is Tru Green.
Well that explains how a small town business in New Carlisle landed the contract to outfit all those True Green trucks for years. Always figured there had to be a geographical reason.

Our stdium is also 75 yers old!!

its been a couple years since I walked on that field but I thought it was the best grass field in the area... I think the Mercer Group took care of it back then

They fell behind Piqua and Sidney.

Been to many, many a playoff game in Troy and look forward to once again.
Maybe this will prevent a few games at awful UD>...

Wanna say Troy was the location of the infamous "Do Over" play that swung the score 14 points at the end of the first half of the Coldwater and Cincy Wyoming playoff game.

Thankfully it did not affect the outcome

Our stdium is also 75 yers old!!
It's a nice stadium but I just like the steep stadiums of Piqua and Sidney. The older Stadium's are not usually steep which makes you feel so much farther from the field. What also makes them so much better is the bucket seats.

Great memories at that stadium, both as a player and as a fan. Saw Ben Roethlisberger play his final high school game there in the playoffs against Grove City and also watched Katzenmoyer play against Colerain there, I believe.

Awesome football stadium! They will steal some games from Piqua now! Now if Northridge would get there act together! A prime place to have small school playoff games!