Transfer Portal

Amari Davis (Missouri via Green Bay) to Wright State. Huge hometown pickup for the Raiders nabbing the Trotwood product out of the portal.

Always thought they needed to recruit locally better to try to improve attendance. It seems like there is at least one local kid a year that ends up doing well at another Horizon League school or for another low to mid-major program. They should be averaging a scholarship player a year from the Dayton area.

wasn't he a 5 star recruit? I remember IU being stoked to get him, but when I watched he never really got a shot
He wasn't very good. You could see early on last season, his first year at IU, he wasn't a big ten player. Small, skinny, didn't shoot well. I don't know what service made him a 5 star, but it was a big time miss.

I thought this was entertaining - player signs a NIL, another player gets a better NIL, 1st player threatens to transfer if he doesn't get a better NIL than the 2nd player. Booster tells him too bad........and player stays and "claims" the statements were made without his authorization.

I thought this was entertaining - player signs a NIL, another player gets a better NIL, 1st player threatens to transfer if he doesn't get a better NIL than the 2nd player. Booster tells him too bad........and player stays and "claims" the statements were made without his authorization.

Sit back and enjoy the show. And blame all the people who thought this was a good idea. What a dumpster fire major college sports are going to become.

To EMU

Huge pickup for EMU. Farrakhan (ECU transfer last year) looked very, very good. They've added some other high-major transfers as well
Transferring to the hometown mid-major, but what a fall to get to this point for somebody that 2-3 years ago looked like a high lottery pick if not likely #1 overall pick in 2023. An unfortunately common story, but this kid's father is a total idiot and really screwed up between self-creating a prep school a couple years ago and then letting him reclassify and go to college early.

This kid seemed to peak in 9th and 10th grade and hit a developmental wall between his father's prep school and his one year as an early enrollee with Penny. Best of luck to him and I hope he turns it around, but his handler made some terrible moves to get to this point and as a potential pro prospect some of his athletic measurables are really poor compared to where he was among his age cohort a few years ago.

Last edited: