Transfer Portal

14Red

So maybe we can keep up on some of these guys, post the guys who are in the transfer portal.

If you're the new coach at LSU, wouldn't this actually be best? I mean you can bring in anyone you want from the portal. Now, it's going to take some time and work to review all those players and try to work things out, but you don't have any baggage left from Wade.
Sadly though, this mass exodos just shows not one player at LSU was there for school, even though most will never play professional basketball. Sad reflection of college sports.
LSU- entire team

St. Peters - Doug Edert
St. Peters - Daryl Banks
St. Peters - Matthew Lee

None of these surprise me since their coach left and the program and facilities itself, put their name out there why not take advantage of the popularity and go to a bigger D1 school.

Ohio State - Justin Ahrens
Indiana - Parker Stewart
Indiana - Michael Durr
Indiana- Khristian Lander
Michigan - Zeb Jackson
Michigan - Brandon Johns

Any chance Malaki Braham comes back?
He will test the waters with the NBA, to me he is a lottery pick at best, I would put my money on him coming back, but if he is taken in the first 14, highly doubt he comes back, if he falls to the 20s I can see him coming back and trying to develop his game for one more year.

My top available transfers:

1. Nijel Pack - Kansas St.
17.4 PPG
43.6% 3P%

2. Terrence Shannon Jr. - Texas Tech
10.4 PPG
38.4% 3P%

3. Brandon Murray - LSU
10 PPG
34% 3P%

4. Andre Curbelo - Illinois
A lot of upside but injuries and turnover as well as three point shooting make him a liability

5. Manny Bates - NC St.
Doesn't shoot much, on 5 shots per 40 minutes, but a great shot blocker

6. Courtney Ramey - Texas
12.2 PPG
41.4% 3P%

7. Tanner Holden - Wright St. (committed to Ohio St.)
20.1 PPG
Great finisher but lacks a 3P shot

8. KJ Williams - Murray St.
18 PPG
8.4 RPG

9. Johni Broome - Morehead St.
131 Blocks
Great all-around player

10. Fardaws Aimaq - Utah Valley
18.9 PPG
13.6 RPG

He will test the waters with the NBA, to me he is a lottery pick at best, I would put my money on him coming back, but if he is taken in the first 14, highly doubt he comes back, if he falls to the 20s I can see him coming back and trying to develop his game for one more year.
If mock drafts are any indication, I saw him in one as a top 10 pick. It's really hard to convince a kid to come back if they are in the first half of the first round. Personally I think it always benefits a kid to play,at minimum 2-3 years in college but times have changed. I just think more from a mental and emotional standpoint it helps kids to stay in college. 18-19 year olds should not be canvassing the country, playing 82 games a season with money and alot of discretional time off. Trouble just awaits. NIL may be able to pursuade some of these kids to stay in college another year or two.

If mock drafts are any indication, I saw him in one as a top 10 pick. It's really hard to convince a kid to come back if they are in the first half of the first round. Personally I think it always benefits a kid to play,at minimum 2-3 years in college but times have changed. I just think more from a mental and emotional standpoint it helps kids to stay in college. 18-19 year olds should not be canvassing the country, playing 82 games a season with money and alot of discretional time off. Trouble just awaits. NIL may be able to pursuade some of these kids to stay in college another year or two.
I believe NIL will be the only shot of him coming back, these kids need to develop for 2-3 years so when they enter the NBA they will be effective immediately. Not go when you are 18-19 and average 6 points on 25% shooting until you are 21

Bryce Hopkins - Kentucky
Brandon Johns - Michigan
Kario Oquendo - Georgia
Caleb Murphy - USF
Justin Ahrens - OSU
Mark Sears - Ohio (committed to Alabama)

Sears grew up in Alabama so not a surprise decision. He wants to play PG and with his size, that's his best (only) shot at the NBA. However, at Ohio this past season it was clear he really thrived most as off-guard as a score-first guy. Will be interesting to see how Bama utilizes him. He has the raw talent to succeed in the SEC.

Boals is in on some of the guys mentioned in this thread already. Ohio already has a great recruiting class incoming so I really hope we can get a high-profile guy or two in the transfer portal. Vander Plas is also in the portal. My guess for him would be Wisconsin (home state) or Virginia (dad played college hoops with HC)

He has said that if he is selected in the first round he will not return.

Mcm1019 - People always assume it’s the player bailing out on the school. I have no idea why Meechie is leaving but another possibility is the school/coach doesn’t want him and us encouraging him to leave. Maybe opening up a scholarship and giving it to a proven transfer is easier than working with this kid and making him into a Big10 player. Now, I have no idea of the OSU coach has done this before but I know the practice of forcing current players to transfer out is common practice in SEC football.

Can you really force a student to transfer? Are not scholarships one year agreements that are renewed each year?

Every SEC school does it each & every year. If they bring in a kid who the feel isn’t good enough to play they encourage them to transfer out or if a kid gets hurt (or not) they will offer them a medical exemption -see its description below. Go to rivals.con or any other recruiting site and see how many sec school recruit 25+ players each year.

A medical exemption can be given to an athlete who suffers an injury or illness that ends their career. It ensures that, for their remaining eligibility, they receive all the financial aid they would have received before the medical problem. A medical exemption does not count against the program's scholarship limit (for football, it is 85), but is still paid for from the program's budget. If the injury occurs during a season, that player still does count against the scholarship limit. Once the season ends, they can be moved to medical exemption and another scholarship is freed up.

Using the 247 transfer portal "top" rating players, Meechie is listed as the 25th best player in the portal. HE is also the 7th best player listed as a PG.

Khristian Lander - Indiana transfers to Western Ky. Here is a case where a kid was rated way too high. He actually re-classified and gave up his senior year in high school to enroll at IU. Was clearly in way over his head and survived two years an was little more than a mop up guy this season. WKU more his speed.

Khristian Lander - Indiana transfers to Western Ky. Here is a case where a kid was rated way too high. He actually re-classified and gave up his senior year in high school to enroll at IU. Was clearly in way over his head and survived two years an was little more than a mop up guy this season. WKU more his speed.
wasn't he a 5 star recruit? I remember IU being stoked to get him, but when I watched he never really got a shot