Tommy Kraemer

Congratulations to Tommy.

It's also satisfying to see so many yappi posters eat crow on this. Meanwhile, the Bengals are trying to decide if their prized 2nd round pick Jackson Carman is a bust and need to cut him or not. And their 7th round pick that draft has hung up his cleats due to injuries.
Were there alot of people saying he wouldn't make it? I don't recall that.

Smarty said there was a reason no one drafted him. Some others chimed in similarly.
I think two things can be true. There's a reason Tommy wasn't drafted and also, the Bengals reached taking Carmen in the 2nd Round.

Kudos to Tommy for putting in the work and making the 53. Doesn't matter where you're drafted or even if you're drafted, still need to put in the work and TK has done that.

Smarty said there was a reason no one drafted him. Some others chimed in similarly.
Could have been a number of reasons. I know Tommy has some injuries at ND that he had to deal with. Tommy will be fine, he understands hard work and dedication. Carman clearly doesn’t grasp this though he was drafted in round 2. Adselder is right imo, Bengals reached quite a bit for Carman. Detroit took Sewell and then I guess took a gamble on Tommy after the draft. Obviously it looks like the undrafted FA is better and willing to work harder than the Round 2 guy.

Damn it's good to make a roster. I'm guessing if you become in the top 5 of the depth chart you can 4-5x that in the coming years.
I think after a player gets 3 years of service time in, the lowest they can be Paid is the Veterans Minimum. Not sure exactly how that’s calculated but I believe that in itself brings a very nice raise.

Detroit was missing their starting RG yesterday. Kraemer likely would have gotten the start, but he was inactive dealing with a back injury.

Hoping the best for Tommy in the long run. He was looking at getting the starting guard spot but is not on the Injured/Reserve list.

"The injuries keep piling up on the Lions offensive line. This time, it’s projected starting right guard Tommy Kraemer heading to injured reserve.

Kraemer missed the Week 1 matchup with the Philadelphia Eagles with a back injury. He was slated to start in place of regular RG Halapoulivaati Vaitai, who was placed on IR with a back injury of his own. Vaitai had back surgery this week and could be out for the rest of the season.

Buy Lions Wire
Kraemer’s long-term prognosis is unknown. He has not practiced since training camp ended before the season.

Logan Stenberg earned the start in Week 1. The Lions signed Kayode Owusika from the Eagles practice squad to fill Kraemer’s roster spot."

Update on Tommy from yesterday.

Coach Campbell said there is a chance guard Tommy Kraemer (back), who has also been on IR all season, does return this season, potentially in a few weeks.

"We're just gauging his progress right now," Campbell said of Kramer. "I could see him being back at some point here over the next few weeks possibly."

Not sure what Kyle Rudolphs plans are, but sure looking like the Bengals are desperate for a TE?

I'd like to see it work out. I know Kyle was not happy how it played out in Tampa. Be nice to see him in the local stripes for one last year. This is not the SAME Bengals organization he grew up with.

I think it will be tough for KR to find a starting spot at this point in his career. Could be a reliable back-up though to finish out his career.