The world according to frecriss

Time to retire.

On Monday, June 23, 2008 I officially sold my company and will cease operations on Friday, July 11, 2008. With this sale, frecriss will retire just a month short of my 39th birthday. I did not forget my very loyal employees and as part of the sale agreement, all of them will remain employed with the company that I sold out to.

My work history began in May of 1985 when I began flipping burgers at McDonalds. For the rest of High School and College, I worked as a busboy at Belgrade Gardens, worked the Counter at a Dairy Mart and worked during the summer at a factory that made lawn ornaments.

After College, I enlisted in the United States Army and then voluntered for the Airborne and was part of the 82nd Airborne Division. After a serious injury during a training exercise lead to me getting a medical discharge, I returned home to Barberton, Ohio but was unable to work for about a year as I recovered from my injuries.

Finally, I took a job at a factory called B&C. A dirty, hot and difficult job where we polished rims for the Ford Motor Company. The pay was crap so I looked into getting a part time job in the evening to get a little more money. My mom worked for First Merit Bank and was able to get me the position of evening custodian. That is where it all started for me.

I was able to land the same position at other area First Merit Banks when they became available and after about two years, was able to quit my job at B&C. As the 90's rolled along, I was able to land custodial jobs at other banks as well as small office buildings. I began hiring additional employees and it just started really taking off. By 2003, I had over 40 accounts and was making a very good living.

I have been fortunate that I was able to make some very good investments that have really paid off and will continue to do so. I also was able to negotiate a very good price for the sale of my company.

While I will officially retire on July 11th, I doubt that it will stay that way for very long. One of my dreams has always been to own and operate a sports bar and I think I will get started on that very soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
The End of the Debate.

It is time that I stop posting or even reading the Debate Forum. I am at a time in my life where I don't need to become angry over certain things and that seems to be all that happens on the Debate Forum.

There is alot going on in the world, war, gas prices, the economy and of course, it's an election year. People have their own opinions and of course, people will have differant opinions. I just need to stay away because I am letting get to personal.

No amount of debating, bickering or arguing is going to change the things that are being debated so it is best that I stay away from that forum.

I just need to relax and enjoy what life has to offer.

A Silver Lining.

Today's economy is bleak but suprisingly, things are actually going well in my hometown of Barberton Ohio.

Babcock and Wilcox announced that they are creating 125 jobs. These are not minimum wage jobs either. B&W starts their welders at over 20 bucks an hour. I can't imagine what they pay their Engineers.

An entire area of Metropolitan Housing is currently being demolished. A reduction of just over 100 units which will go a long way in raising property values and lowering the crime rate.

The demolition of this Metropolitan Housing will make way for the construction of a brand new Middle School, something that has been needed for quite some time now.

Renovations and expansions to other schools, the construction of a new Elementary School, renovations to the Football Stadium and the construction of a Locker Room/Field House are also on the way.

While the economy is not good from a national standpoint, perhaps what is happening in Barberton is a signal that the worst may be over and a recovery is on it's way. Let's hope so.

The Big Four Oh!

Well it has finally happend, Frecriss has turned 40! I guess I am officially old now:laugh:

What I miss about Football.

Times change, one era passes to the next and a sense of nostalgia hits the era that has passed. Over the course of my life as a football player, coach and fan, I have seen many changes and parts of the game have become unrecognizable or have been eliminated all together. So, with that, this is what I miss about football:

I miss Barberton vs. St. Vincent-St. Mary.
The Akron City Series Championship game at the Rubber Bowl on Thanksgiving Day.
Cincinnati Moeller being the most feared program in the nation.
Warren Western Reserve.
Games that started at 8PM.
Barberton being an independent.
Thousands of factory workers attending games in Barberton, Akron, Massillon, Alliance and Canton.
Coaches John Cistone, Rudy Sharkey, Bill McGhee and Dom Patella.
No overtime.
A real High School preview from the Akron Beacon Journal.

In College:
I miss Woody vs. Bo.
The Big Ten with ten teams.
The Big 8 and Southwest conferences.
Pitt vs. Penn State.
Ohio States' Fullhouse Backfield.
Ara Parseghian.
When Nebraska vs. Oklahoma meant something.
The Rose, Sugar, Orange, Cotton and Fiesta Bowls all on New Years day(and no other Bowls that day).
No BCS!

In the NFL:
I miss The Seahawks in the AFC West.
The Seahawks playing in the Kingdome.
Monday Night Football on ABC with Howard Cossell, Frank Gifford and Don Meredith.
NBC covering the AFC and CBS covering the NFC. Nothing better than a 4pm game from Mile High Stadium in November between the Broncos and Seahawks.
The Los Angeles Rams.
The St. Louis Cardinals.
The Houston Oilers.
Jimmy The Greek on the CBS pre game show.
Cleveland vs. Elway.
Zorn to Largent.
The Super Bowl as the championship game and not a Hollywood extravaganza.

Times have changed and we hold dear to us the things from the past. But one thing never changes and that is our passion for the game and the loyalty we show our teams.

Football is life!!!!

Barberton and the Akron City Series.

Barberton is leaving the Suburban League after the 2010-11 season and is still loking for a home. The Akron City Series has only seven schools would like to add an 8th school. Barberton and Akron border each other so it seems like a good fit. The vast majority of people in Akron want Barberton in The City Series. Most people in Barberton want nothing to do with The City Series.

The question I have asked is how does this help Barberton? The answer is, it doesn't! There are many reasons why and here are a few.

1. Of the seven high schools in the City Series, only Firestone has a Swimming program. Buchtel and East are without Boys and Girls Soccer, North is without Girls Soccer, East is without Wrestling and several others have no Tennis programs. Only Ellet has Middle-School Football. So, athletically, Barberton would still be half an independent even if it joined the City Series.

2. Facilities. Barberton just renovated it's Football Stadium. It has a large capacity and is modern. Only Ellet has a stadium. Buchtel and Kenmore have fields but neither has lights and capacity is small. Many City Series games are played at Infocision Stadium after years at the Rubber Bowl. But why should we have to rent from Akron U when we have a large, modern stadium of our own?

We also have great indoor facilities for Basketball, Volleyball and Wrestling. New Baseball/Softball fields and great facilities for Soccer and Track.

3. Academics. Firestones performance is great! Ellet performs well, about the same as Barberton. The other five highs schools in Akron are an embarassment. Do we really want to join with schools that put so little importance on academics?

Performance Index:

Firestone-101.1
Ellet-97.6
Barberton-94.5
Garfield-89.2
Kenmore-86.2
Buchtel-85.9
North-85.6
East-77.9

State Indicators Met:

Firestone-12/12
Barberton 10/12
Ellet 10/12
North-6/12
Buchtel-4/12
Garfield-4/12
Kenmore-3/12
East-0/12

Graduation Rates:

Firestone 94.8%
Barberton 91.4%
Ellet 88.6%
North 80.5%
Buchtel 79.9%
Kenmore 79.1%
Garfield 78%
East 75.7%

So, add it all up and it is obvious why Akron wants Barberton but Barberton doesn't want Akron. Of course, it is not up to us. The Barberton Board of Education will make the decision and they are not exactly known for good decisions.

Ignorance, hatred and downright stupidity in college football.

Ohio State President Gordon Gee made comments stating that Boise State and TCU did not deserve to be in the National Championship game. This set off the ignorant people and those who just have a pre determined hatred for Ohio State.

Unfortunately, these people who have railed against Gee don't even understand what he said. people try to convince others that Boise and TCU could beat Ohio State, Auburn or anyone else. No one has ever stated otherwise and that is where the ignorance and the downright stupidity come into play.

The point is not if Boise and TCU could beat these teams, it is if either could survice the schedule of a major conference and remain unbeaten.

Ohio State has played Miami, Penn State, Illinois, Wisconsin and Iowa. Would Boise or TCU be undefeated with that schedule? Doubtful.

Could they survive playing Auburn, Alabama, LSU and Arkansas or Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas, Texas A&M and Texas Tech? Highly unlikely.

This was the point that Gee made and he is correct even if many are too Ignorant, Hateful and downright Stupid to understand.

To Boise and TCU: The Big Twelve needs two schools to get back to having twelve members. Nut-Up or Shut-Up!

Democrats: A Culture of Hate.

Democrats have taken a long a deliberate course to paint Republicans as hate-filled racists. However, history states that the oppositie is actually true.

Democrats have a long history of hate that stretches back to their open opposition to President Lincolns emancipation of slaves.

FDR, a hero of Democrats was an open supporter of segregation.

As was Alabama Governor George Wallace who made three attempts at the Presidency as a Democrat. His most famous quote:

"In the name of the greatest people that have ever trod this earth, I draw the line in the dust and toss the gauntlet before the feet of tyranny, and I say segregation now, segregation tomorrow, segregation forever."

President Woodrow Wilson and long time West Virginia Senator Robert Byrd were both card carrying members of the KKK.

Current favorite of the Democrats is Billionaire George Soros. Soros was convicted of insider trading and, in his younger days, took a job with the Jewish Council in Hungary during the Nazi occupation.

Long time Democrat favorite Jesse Jackson referred to Jews as "Hymies" and New York as "Hymietown"

This is just a small sampling of the Democrats and their culture of hate. So the next time someone insinuates that Republicans are Racist, just look at history. It tells a different story.