Stop scheduling Eds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omar

Time to end this series. It’s a dirty program and if they want to be Mater Dei or Bishop Gorman, they can schedule those teams. They’re truly classless and not worthy of respect.

Pretty remarkable stroke of luck how a kid from a public school in Texas decided to go to Eds 2 weeks before his Sr season starts. Even more lucky, it’s a position they had to replace a D1 player. What a bunch of dirtbags.

And what a stroke of luck, one of their best skill players who transferred to Glenville is suddenly coming back. I wonder how that happened.

Reasons I agree with Omar:
1- high school football is most enjoyable when played on a Friday night at a stadium that is on the campus of one of the teams. Saturday afternoon high school football is very poorly attended by everyone including students for a myriad of reasons.
2- we already play Moeller who is reportedly getting close to having a stadium but playing at UC , Norwood, MSJ or Lockland is a pain.
3- the five hour trip to Cleveland by our players and the 150 fans that travel with them (parents) is pointless if we think we are going to do a five hour drive on a Saturday morning, get off the bus and play a competitive football game against a team comprised of players from Cleveland, Canton, Youngstown, Akron, Texas and wherever.
4- the biannual Ed’s game at Elder is always the poorest attended game of the season.
5- we are better off traveling to Indy or Louisville for a Friday night game. Last years Elder crowd at Roncali was very impressive and lots of students. Schedule two away games there if we have to.
6- the new playoff rules make the Harbin ratings less important. We no longer need to play Ed’s.
7- Ed’s is obviously trying to become a DeLaSalle or Bosco- there is no reason for us t
o play them. We are wasting our time and resources. If some year we can only get 8 games scheduled we will be healthier for the playoffs.
8- why risk player safety to prove a point that we’re tough. Everyone knows it already.

Eds is doing nothing wrong. Nothing.

Elder fans just want the best of yesteryear and re-live the nostalgia from the glory days. It's not what the current landscape of high school football is. Just because you want it that way doesn't make it the "right way".

The holier than thou, we do everything the right way is nauseating and pathetic. Focus your attention on the connected coaches and family members that use this narrative to ensure everything is set up for them and theirs.

Literally, they all want to keep this narrative alive so their boys and their friends boys, and their boys boys, continue to get the opportunity. You're all nothing but being used and you don't even realize it. By certain people, for certain people.

And most of you complain out of both sides of your mouth constantly.

You belittle Eds and Moe for adapting to the current landscape, but then complain how Elder doesn't have enough athletes.

You're literally good at one thing....complaining.

It's pathetic.

Reasons I agree with Omar:
1- high school football is most enjoyable when played on a Friday night at a stadium that is on the campus of one of the teams. Saturday afternoon high school football is very poorly attended by everyone including students for a myriad of reasons.
2- we already play Moeller who is reportedly getting close to having a stadium but playing at UC , Norwood, MSJ or Lockland is a pain.
3- the five hour trip to Cleveland by our players and the 150 fans that travel with them (parents) is pointless if we think we are going to do a five hour drive on a Saturday morning, get off the bus and play a competitive football game against a team comprised of players from Cleveland, Canton, Youngstown, Akron, Texas and wherever.
4- the biannual Ed’s game at Elder is always the poorest attended game of the season.
5- we are better off traveling to Indy or Louisville for a Friday night game. Last years Elder crowd at Roncali was very impressive and lots of students. Schedule two away games there if we have to.
6- the new playoff rules make the Harbin ratings less important. We no longer need to play Ed’s.
7- Ed’s is obviously trying to become a DeLaSalle or Bosco- there is no reason for us t
o play them. We are wasting our time and resources. If some year we can only get 8 games scheduled we will be healthier for the playoffs.
8- why risk player safety to prove a point that we’re tough. Everyone knows it already.
Yep, f em and f their fans that lurk on this forum thinking there’s a mutual respect. Their program is scum.

Eds is doing nothing wrong. It's not what the current landscape of high school football is. Just because you want it that way doesn't make it the "right
Scary comment. Ed’s this season plays two teams from Maryland, one from Washington DC, one from Michigan and one from Arkansas. They play one game from their hometown- Ignatius, two Cincinnati teams and Massillon and Hoban.
I’m just saying that if this is the current “landscape of high school football “ then the future of high school football is in trouble. They need to change from the Eagles to the Globetrotters.
I agree that Ed’s is doing nothing wrong because that is the direction they want to go. I just prefer that Elder find other teams to play and stop being schedule filler for Ed’s until they find 10 world class opponents.
You are correct- this is not the type of crowd i would want Elder to identify with in the future. I love high schoo football and hate to see it turned into what has happened to basketball where AAU teams are now more important to the good players than their school team.

Scary comment. Ed’s this season plays two teams from Maryland, one from Washington DC, one from Michigan and one from Arkansas. They play one game from their hometown- Ignatius, two Cincinnati teams and Massillon and Hoban.
I’m just saying that if this is the current “landscape of high school football “ then the future of high school football is in trouble. They need to change from the Eagles to the Globetrotters.
I agree that Ed’s is doing nothing wrong because that is the direction they want to go. I just prefer that Elder find other teams to play and stop being schedule filler for Ed’s until they find 10 world class opponents.
You are correct- this is not the type of crowd i would want Elder to identify with in the future. I love high schoo football and hate to see it turned into what has happened to basketball where AAU teams are now more important to the good players than their school team.
LOL Elder plays teams from Dayton, Columbus, Cleveland, Indy, Pennsylvania, Louisville, and Virginia.

But when Elder does it, it's the right path huh?

LOL Elder plays teams from Dayton, Columbus, Cleveland, Indy, Pennsylvania, Louisville, and Virginia.

But when Elder does it, it's the right path huh?
Opinions are like noses. Everybody has one. Appreciate yours but I’m keeping mine. As soon as Ed’s finds someone better they will drop Elder faster than the Reds dropped Barrero. The game is stupid for Elder. 100 fans travel when they go to Cleveland and Visitation/Victory would outdraw them at the Pit on a Saturday afternoon.

Opinions are like noses. Everybody has one. Appreciate yours but I’m keeping mine. As soon as Ed’s finds someone better they will drop Elder faster than the Reds dropped Barrero. The game is stupid for Elder. 100 fans travel when they go to Cleveland and Visitation/Victory would outdraw them at the Pit on a Saturday afternoon.
It's been a very good series for both schools, that's why they keep playing it.

You railed against Eds because they play a bunch of teams outside Cleveland. Yet Elder does the same thing, but Eds is wrong and Elder is right? More holier than thou BS. How can people be taken seriously about this when they blatantly contradict themselves in the same post?

Eds plays so many out of market teams for the same reason Elder does. No one will schedule them. It's even worse in Cleveland to find a game than it is in Cincinnati.

Elder has had a pretty competitive series against Eds over the years, and it gives them a barometer test against where they stack up against the best program in Ohio. You can argue the travel decisions Elder has made with some merit, but the series is as good as it gets for Elder, outside of Moe and St X.

This noise is nothing but the typical inferiority complex of the immature.

You railed against Eds because they play a bunch of teams outside Cleveland. Yet Elder does the same thing, but Eds is wrong and Elder is right? More holier than thou BS. How can people be taken seriously about this when they blatantly contradict themselves in the same post?

Eds plays so many out of market teams for the same reason Elder does. No one will schedule them. It's even worse in Cleveland to find a game than it is in Cincinnati.

Elder has had a pretty competitive series against Eds over the years, and it gives them a barometer test against where they stack up against the best program in Ohio. You can argue the travel decisions Elder has made with some merit, but the series is as good as it gets for Elder, outside of Moe and St X.

This noise is nothing but the typical inferiority complex of the immature.
Ed’s 2023 schedule has them playing 7 of their 10 schools that are more than a 5 hour drive away. Elder has maybe two more than two hours. This is not a “out of market” similarity. It’s a mistake to draw to such a conclusion. Ed’s has become the ugly duckling that the rest of Ohio wants to avoid. It’s not because Cleveland is not competitive. It’s because Eds has made the decision to become a super power at the expense of their tuition paying families- something LaSalle is still trying to recover from.

Ed’s 2023 schedule has them playing 7 of their 10 schools that are more than a 5 hour drive away. Elder has maybe two more than two hours. This is not a “out of market” similarity. It’s a mistake to draw to such a conclusion. Ed’s has become the ugly duckling that the rest of Ohio wants to avoid. It’s not because Cleveland is not competitive. It’s because Eds has made the decision to become a super power at the expense of their tuition paying families- something LaSalle is still trying to recover from.
I would say they’ve benefitted from Ignatius and Mentor being down recently along with Glenville dropping down. There’s really no competition for them in Cleveland at all.

Hoban has been doing the same thing in D2, it’s really a trashy thing. And now you see all the other D2 schools trying to do it to play catch up. Winton Woods, Anderson and Withrow are all taking in multiple big time transfers.

And I’m not a traditionalist. I don’t think it should only be westside feeder kids coming to Elder. I want kids from all over who want to be at Elder. My issue is the transfers who are only doing it for football. Of course, football can be a factor, but it shouldn’t be the ONLY reason for changing schools.

Last edited:
So then you agree with me that Elder doesn't pursue these athletes because those spots are meant for the preferred feeder kids? Sure sounds like it.

And if Ed's is the ugly duckling, I'd sure love to see the 10.

Of course, football can be a factor, but it shouldn’t be the ONLY reason for changing schools.
You really think this kid, who was in the middle of the most rabid football area in the country, just up and decided "well damn, I think it's time to play for St Eds"?

Just stop.

I think Eds reached out to the family illegally, after it was known they were moving. I think they’re a trash program with idiot fans who think they run a clean program.

And again, if this kid had moved up as an underclassman, fine. However, he’s likely going to be at Eds for the football season before enrolling in January at ND. That’s pitiful on Eds part.

This thread is laughable. St Eds is progressing and Elder is on the downside
Eds is willing to do things Elder won’t and they don’t have nearly the competition. But you know that, you just wanted to run your mouth like the c-unit, you really are.

Also, funny how Trey liked that post, but he always defends Elder for not resorting to Eds tactics. Further proof, he’s a two faced c-unit, with an axe to grind.

Eds is willing to do things Elder won’t and they don’t have nearly the competition. But you know that, you just wanted to run your mouth like the c-unit, you really are.
"Eds is willing to do things Elder won't" - what does that even mean? Because Elder won't change doesn't make the other schools wrong.

You always say "Eds is willing to go right up to the line" - that line has pretty much disappeared with open borders. Any student is a potential student. They're doing nothing wrong.

At the end of the day, this is what you want Elder to do. Stop ridiculing the Moes and Eds of the world because they adapted to a change. Elder has stayed the same, and it's hurt them from a talent perspective. Elder has chosen to build their athletics through feeders while everyone else has expanded. Stop blaming other programs for elevating above them because they adapted.

But rest assured, they stayed the same by choice. They want the lionshare of the opportunity to go to their own.

Last edited:
Also, funny how Trey liked that post, but he always defends Elder for not resorting to Eds tactics. Further proof, he’s a two faced c-unit, with an axe to grind.
Again, like I've always said, I don't care what way Elder swings with this topic. If they flipped tomorrow and starting pursuing athletes, good for them, there's literally NOTHING wrong with it. I couldn't care less.

But again, rest assured, they have CHOSEN not to do it to keep things in house and set up for their legacy benefit. This has been proven for sure by now, and you refuse to admit it.

Status
Not open for further replies.