Steve Greer

I see that Steve Greer led Virginia with 10 tackles in their opening game loss to William & Mary. He had 6 solos and 4 assists. Not bad.

Steve G. looked VERY good today in Virginia's win over Maryland. I didn't hear how many tackles, but he was in on a lot of stops. Game was telvised by ESPNU. :cool: Steve Greer another Solon grad doing us proud!

Those interested here are the details for the Virginia VS Georgia Tech game. Steve Greer is leading uva in tackles. Big game for the Hoos!!!

Essentials
•The opponent: Georgia Tech (6-1, 4-1 ACC; 2008 record: 9-4, 5-3 ACC)

•Time: Noon EST.

•Television: Raycom, ESPN360, Directv Channel 789 (Sports package)

•Satellite Radio: XM 190, Sirius 211

•Sabre Weather, Courtesy of Jason Samenow (BadgerHoo): Showers tapering off, 63 degrees at kickoff - Updates throughout the week!

•The Sabre's Game Info Page: Depth chart, tailgating/parking info and more

•Pre-Game Option: Football Weekends at Alumni Hall

I caught the first hour of the VA game and watched a replay of their game a week ago. Steve Greer looks very big and is playing big.

I just love that campus and area, very beautiful in all seasons. Early American & Civil War history abound. But the Cavaliers just have had trouble being consistant winners in football & basketball. They need a few more Greers.

I caught the first hour of the VA game and watched a replay of their game a week ago. Steve Greer looks very big and is playing big.

I just love that campus and area, very beautiful in all seasons. Early American & Civil War history abound. But the Cavaliers just have had trouble being consistant winners in football & basketball. They need a few more Greers.

Yep Gramps, Charlottesville is gorgeous. We used to go there when we were staying at Farmington C.C. back in the '70-'80's. Thomas Jefferson's Monticello, and great golf, tennis, and FOOD!

But I missed Steve Greer and the Cavaliers in Miami Saturday as it wasn't shown on cable. I will get the replay tomorrow on CBS-Digital Sports on delay, (2 day). Hope he did well, the score doesn't bode well for Virginia's defense though.

Greer on All-ACC Team

Steve Greer was selected as honorable mentions All-ACC. He was also selected as a freshman All-AMerican by 2 publications. Go to www.virginiasports.com to get full story. He is mentioned in 3 stories on the Cavaliers website.

Way to go, Steve!

Yowza! Cogratulations to Steve on the honors he has received. And for the season he has had for Virginia. Doing himself and the Solon Comets proud.

Anyone know if Steve is injured? I see where he is listed as 2nd team on the Cavalier depth chart. What gives. I have watched some Virginia football on cable and haven't seen #52. Virginia hosts Miami this week-end. I'll find out then.

Greer still plays every game

I probably see more of Virginia than most Yappis. Greer has played in all games but did not start any.

He has 25 tackles (8-solo, 17 ast.) and 3 TFL.

I would guess he plays about 1/3 of the defense time and also would guess by the looks of the starters that speed wins out for them.

I thought he was their leading tackler last season? And was on the all-ACC freshman team? Hmmmm! Are you sure he wasn't injured this year at some time Gramps?

A new year..

I thought he was their leading tackler last season? And was on the all-ACC freshman team? Hmmmm! Are you sure he wasn't injured this year at some time Gramps?

You are right about LAST year Hurricane. But maybe Darnell Carter was injured last year and he won the starting opportunity THIS year. Carter is a senior, 1" taller & 10# heavier than Steve.

Greer still plays every game, especially in the run defense package. He seems a lot bigger (heavier) than I remember. Hope these "kids" can lose the extra weight they put on for college football. If not, it is a heckuva price to pay the rest of their lives.

Hey, what about that Princeton kicker who kicked 5 FG's on Sept. 18th to earn Ivy League POW honors? Gongrats Pat Jacob! Somebody in Cometland has got to keep us updated on all you guys matriculating into colleges all over the place.
:clap:

Greer on field in upset win over Hurricanes

Steve Greer played last week in Virginia's upset if No.22, Miami. He had two assists on tackles. Here's a photo showing excitement of #53 at the expense of HURRICANES:

VEGBXGLHVVFVFEG.20101031011553.JPG

Greer #53 Pics

Good Pics of Steve.
Just to let you guys know Steve had a really bad High Ankle Sprain during the Spring. He is splitting time at MLB in the new 43 defense UVa instituted this year. He is having a good season. keep ya posted
Garlic

JDRBPXHHZPAQVUJ_20101024054625.jpg

Last edited:
Great pics garlic, and Gramps. I saw enough Saturday. Miami is really in deep trouble. Randy Shannon is getting major heat. So is the offensive co-ordinator. Miami did come in second in the country in graduation rates just out last week. Stanford was 1st. Big win for Steve and his Cavalier's Saturday.

I figured Steve had been hurt.