State Coach's Poll for w/o 10/2/23

Write it down

D3 WILL be CCDS vs Ottawa Glandorf again even losing D3 player of the year in Goal for CCDS they are nearly unbeatable.

D1 will be Medina vs whoever wants to win between Seton, Milford, Centerville and MND (perhaps an unpopular onion on the last 2) WJ won’t make it. And none of the CBus schools want to break out.

D2 will be Rocky River or Bay Village vs Waynesville, Summit or Bellbrook. outside of the poor strength of schedule in maxpreps for Bellbrook I don’t see why they are not ranked in the top 5.

I think this is the first time since Waynesville was D3 #1 that someone other than CCDS has held the top spot on the polls in the last 4-5 years. Can’t think of a more dominant long term program the last 7-8 years than. CCDS. Great player pool and exceptional coaching have led CCDS to this point. They lose a ton of talent this year. Be interesting to see if it continues, hard to imagine it won’t.

Undefeated #10 Highland (Medina) just tied Medina 1-1 this past Saturday. I'd leave Medina #1 until they are beat but I wouldn't count out Walsh, Highland or someone else coming out of the north.

CCD is a fantastic program with a great coach at the helm. Socioeconomic factors certainly play in there though. Same can be said for Ottawa Glandorf

Write it down

D3 WILL be CCDS vs Ottawa Glandorf again even losing D3 player of the year in Goal for CCDS they are nearly unbeatable.
The odd thing being that the 5-3 loss to Waynesville who is #1 in D2 cost them the #1 spot in D3 this week.....it's not like they lost to a schlub, they lost to the defending champs and an unbeaten team