St. Xavier Football 2021

The Springfield vs X 7v7 was entertaining.
Te'Sean Smoot to Anthony Brown was unstoppable.
Smoot, 6'0" and 170lb, has a dozen D1 offers (Kentucky and all the MAC schools) but he's hoping for Power 5.
Brown, just 5'10" 160lb, has offers from Michigan and Penn State but is holding out for an offer from the Buckeyes.
In last years state semifinal Bomber win, Brown had 5 catches for 131 yards and the Wildcats lone TD.
Smoot ran for 150 yards and threw for 200.
If this season goes according to plan, these 2 teams have a semi rematch and this time fans will be in the stands

The Bomber passing attack in both 7v7 was impressive.
McCaughey was pretty much spot on connecting with 5 receivers.
McFarlin and Klare were targeted half of the time.
Klare, headed to Duke, is a lot like Marshall Lang (2019 grad at Northwestern)
Both are big basketball players (6'4" 220lb) who are mobile, have good speed, great hands that can go up and get the ball.
McFarlin managed 45 catches and 534 yards (5th in the GCL) last season while in the shadows of Liam and Jalen.
McFarlin is primed for a breakout season and at 6'0" 180lb with decent speed and great moves should earn a D1 schollie.
The RBs Kellom and Vrsansky had several grabs as did TE/WR Wassler who like Klare can run a deep route and go up after it.
McGaughey will likely be throwing @30 times a game, targeting Klare and McFarlin 8-10 times each and Kellom, Vrsansky and Wassler 4 times a piece.
Kellom will probably get around 20 rushes a game with Vrsansky and Eary combining for an additional 10 carries.
Looking forward to the Mason scrimmage in a couple weeks at Ballaban field.
Thanks for the scouting report ReJect. Your bombers appear to be in mid season form. No doubt they are odds on favorites to repeat but the schedule is both physically and mentally challenging. See you in week 5. I just hope we can keep it respectable :) GBM

The Springfield vs X 7v7 was entertaining.
Te'Sean Smoot to Anthony Brown was unstoppable.
Smoot, 6'0" and 170lb, has a dozen D1 offers (Kentucky and all the MAC schools) but he's hoping for Power 5.
Brown, just 5'10" 160lb, has offers from Michigan and Penn State but is holding out for an offer from the Buckeyes.
In last years state semifinal Bomber win, Brown had 5 catches for 131 yards and the Wildcats lone TD.
Smoot ran for 150 yards and threw for 200.
If this season goes according to plan, these 2 teams have a semi rematch and this time fans will be in the stands

The Bomber passing attack in both 7v7 was impressive.
McCaughey was pretty much spot on connecting with 5 receivers.
McFarlin and Klare were targeted half of the time.
Klare, headed to Duke, is a lot like Marshall Lang (2019 grad at Northwestern)
Both are big basketball players (6'4" 220lb) who are mobile, have good speed, great hands that can go up and get the ball.
McFarlin managed 45 catches and 534 yards (5th in the GCL) last season while in the shadows of Liam and Jalen.
McFarlin is primed for a breakout season and at 6'0" 180lb with decent speed and great moves should earn a D1 schollie.
The RBs Kellom and Vrsansky had several grabs as did TE/WR Wassler who like Klare can run a deep route and go up after it.
McGaughey will likely be throwing @30 times a game, targeting Klare and McFarlin 8-10 times each and Kellom, Vrsansky and Wassler 4 times a piece.
Kellom will probably get around 20 rushes a game with Vrsansky and Eary combining for an additional 10 carries.
Looking forward to the Mason scrimmage in a couple weeks at Ballaban field.
Tough to tell the offense from 7x7, but I'm wondering if this season may be more like the 2019 season. McCaughey is much further along than Rueve was coming into that year, but Klare being similar to Lang and Kellom being similar to Newman have me thinking that way. I would not mind seeing some more of the running game, especially with the big line and three capable running backs. Will pe pivotal in games against West and potentially Springfield, or any other teams that utilize the drop everyone and rush 3-4 defense.

Bomber fans.......need some help with the offense skill players pre season jersey numbers

4 ???
8 Terrell McFarlin
10??? Ryan Nolan???
15 Brogan McCaughey
18 Max Klare
20 C.K. Kellom
23 Chase Eary
31 Luke Vrsansky
40??? Robert Houston??
88 Joey Wassler

3 Alex Kemper (taking reps at wr)
4 Jamaal Sharp (last yrs JV jersey reps at wr)
5 Ryan Nolan (reps at wr and QB2)
10 Ryan Morgan
13 Jimmy Ryan
40 Steve Napier (So RB)

I know there are a few others that I am missing.

Last edited:
Anyone know much about Manny Keeling at CB? Looks like he picked up an offer from Hanover?

Curious as to where Nolan has been lining up so far this year.

Anyone know much about Manny Keeling at CB? Looks like he picked up an offer from Hanover?

Curious as to where Nolan has been lining up so far this year.
Keeling #12 looks good at practice, should be in rotation, especially in nickel.
I'll throw a roster together to use at the Mason scrimmage but will need input from Bomber Yappi Nation
I think LB Pete Rose III is wearing #14 :)
Despite this senior class being one of the most talented in Bomber history the coaching staff is working a lot of new blood into the fold.
Several repeat numbers (white jersey 4 is Kirk on defense while blue jersey 4 was at QB, not sure who)
GO X!

Keeling #12 looks good at practice, should be in rotation, especially in nickel.
I'll throw a roster together to use at the Mason scrimmage but will need input from Bomber Yappi Nation
I think LB Pete Rose III is wearing #14 :)
Despite this senior class being one of the most talented in Bomber history the coaching staff is working a lot of new blood into the fold.
Several repeat numbers (white jersey 4 is Kirk on defense while blue jersey 4 was at QB, not sure who)
GO X!
Is that scrimmage Friday night?

StX - Mason scrimmage is on Friday 7pm at StX.

Without saying too much I think the coaching staff is trying to find options for depth at several positions. Last season the junior class and a handful of sophomores filled out the scout team and provided the needed depth for varsity. I don't know if that is the same this season.

Here's what I threw together for tomorrow night's scrimmage
There's a lot of holes and some mistakes so help with updates
GO X!

Last Updated: August 7th 11am

2 CB Josh Anderson
3 CB/WR Alex Kemper
4 FS Eli Kirk
5 WR/QB Ryan Nolan
8 WR Terrell McFarlin
9 DL Sam Buerkle
10 DL Lavelle Trimble
10 WR Ryan Morgan
11 DL Marquee Cummings
12 DB Manny Keeling
13 WR Jimmy Ryan
14 LB Pete Rose III
15 QB Brogan McCaughey
17 Jay Farrar
18 TE Max Klare
20 RB C.K. Kellom
21 PK Mason Rohmiller
23 RB Chase Eary
24 DB Max Bonner
29 SS Brennan Bareswilt
31 RB Luke Vrsansky
40 RB Steve Napier
41 LB Andrew Monzel
43 LB Grant Lyons
45 LB Sean Reilly
55 RT Brody Koch
59 DL Dijon Harris
61 OL Nick Uhl
65 RG Ty Cravens
66 OL Evan Fleetwood
69 LT Robert Fogler
73 Jersey Retired
74 LT Cam Collins
75 C Brian Parker
76 Jersey Retired
77 LG Jack Renneker
78 Jersey Retired
79 RT Brody Koch
85 TE Francis Schuermann
88 TE Joey Wassler
95 DL J.J. Dollenmeyer
97 OL Braylon Adams

Last edited:
A few updates
DB Josh Anderson is #2 this year
RT Brody Koch is #55
TE Francis Schuermann #85
OL Braylon Adams #79

I have seen Kyle Fitzgerald (QB) wearing #4 on offense as well.

Go Bombers!

Last edited:
There are retired jersey numbers? Guess I never knew that.
#78 was in honor of Matt James (Class of 2010), the other 2 (#73 and #76) were guys that were killed shortly after graduation, one in a motorcycle accident and the other in war (Korean?). Ballaban never got me the specifics before he passed. Not sure who might have more specific info.

Thought the offense moved the ball well both running and passing. Looks like OL is building some depth. A lot of weapons to choose from on O. New guys are contributing. D looked solid as well. Thought that they progressed well from last 7v7 in pass defense.

3 Alex Kemper (taking reps at wr)
4 Jamaal Sharp (last yrs JV jersey reps at wr)
5 Ryan Nolan (reps at wr and QB2)
10 Ryan Morgan
13 Jimmy Ryan
40 Steve Napier (So RB)

I know there are a few others that I am missing.

Sharp and Napier look varsity ready

Any reports from the scrimmage last night?
It’s good to be back in the stands
Huge crowd for a scrimmage
StX fans missed out on championship season last year but ready for the repeat
RDI Stadium feels the same as StX Stadium
Solid kicking game important to a state title….PK Rohmiller and punter (#96) meet the requirement
We knew about the seniors and juniors but there were some sophomores at the skill positions that shockingly could get PT
The number one’s were never on the field together - it was mix and match from start to finish; I don't think Klare or Parker played, possibly others
Specht wanted to give the upperclassmen that aren’t expected to get PT some field time.
The Massillon scrimmage this Thursday at 2pm will show more
GO X!

Klare played and scored a TD. Parker also played, he is the best OL in the state.

Starters played about half the time, but as mentioned the backups got a lot of reps

Klare played and scored a TD. Parker also played, he is the best OL in the state.

Starters played about half the time, but as mentioned the backups got a lot of reps
The offensive players all swapped uniforms for the Mason scrimmage. I assumed it was done to make it harder for LW to get info in advance.

I heard a scout was at the Trinity @ Springfield scrimmage too.
LOL How shocking high school teams are scouting each other. Coaches actually exchange film on each other all the time, by the time Trinity plays X, X will have had several regular season games there will be plenty of footage available with everyone with their proper jersey numbers. Move along, Nothing to see here. LOL

LOL How shocking high school teams are scouting each other. Coaches actually exchange film on each other all the time, by the time Trinity plays X, X will have had several regular season games there will be plenty of footage available with everyone with their proper jersey numbers. Move along, Nothing to see here. LOL
ROTFLMAO, yet they were there scouting.

Parker is a heck of a player but there are three 4 star Olineman in Ohio two going to the Buckeyes and one going to Clemson that might have something to say about who is the best O lineman in the state.

The thing about St X is they rarely have 4 and 5 star recruits on their roster. What they do have is a talented group of well coached players who know how to play together as a team. Parker and Collins are both three star guys and there are probably not a lot of teams on the St X schedule who have two o lineman as good as they two of them.

Parker is a heck of a player but there are three 4 star Olineman in Ohio two going to the Buckeyes and one going to Clemson that might have something to say about who is the best O lineman in the state.

The thing about St X is they rarely have 4 and 5 star recruits on their roster. What they do have is a talented group of well coached players who know how to play together as a team. Parker and Collins are both three star guys and there are probably not a lot of teams on the St X schedule who have two o lineman as good as they two of them.
Watching Fogler, the athletic 6'7" 300lb sophomore at left tackle in the scrimmage, I think he may get a 5 star rating.
The difference between him and our last 5 star OLineman is that he'll likely wear the Bomber blue his senior year and graduate from StX rather than transfer to a public for early graduation and early college enrollment

Last edited: