St. X. Basketball thread '23-'24

How would you describe a freshman that plays on Varsity in the GCL in multiple sports?
LOL - what???

He was the varsity punter for like 3 games and sat at the end of the bench in basketball for the tournament. He didn't even play LOL

He's a good young player, leave it at that. This is exactly the trance you Elder people fall into with their younger kids. He won't even be a D1 level athlete in any sport. He's not big enough, and he's not getting that much bigger. You guys never learn over there.

Elder let Emmett Queen walk because of their typical BS, and he's going to be a legit prospect (already is). Watch and see who has the better career in high school and who ends up playing QB in college.

Last edited:
LOL - what???

He was the varsity punter for like 3 games and sat at the end of the bench in basketball for the tournament. He didn't even play LOL

He's a good young player, leave it at that. This is exactly the trance you Elder people fall into with their younger kids. He won't even be a D1 level athlete in any sport. He's not big enough, and he's not getting that much bigger. You guys never learn over there.

Elder let Emmett Queen walk because of their typical BS, and he's going to be a legit prospect (already is). Watch and see who has the better career in high school and who ends up playing QB in college.

Some of Elder's best HS players were not D1 athletes, because of size. They were still some of the best players in school history. I'm talking high school. I think he's an elite player in multiple sports like Keller was for example.

Some of Elder's best HS players were not D1 athletes, because of size. They were still some of the best players in school history. I'm talking high school. I think he's an elite player in multiple sports like Keller was for example.
You said he played on varsity in multiple sports as a freshman, implying that he was actually contributing in those games.

He was the emergency punter in the playoffs (he's a QB) and sat on the bench in basketball for their tournament games (and only got in in 40 point blowouts).

Freshman sensation!!!! 😂

You're all the same.

Waiting for a Sunderman special next - "We do it with homegrown kids"

And you let the better QB get away. Queen is going to be a stud in the pocket.

Last edited:
Curious.....I'm fairly familiar with Elder's "feeder" grade schools................athletic wise, does Moeller's location have any nearby grade school(s) comparable to Visitation (seems to be Elder's 'most talented') ?

Curious.....I'm fairly familiar with Elder's "feeder" grade schools................athletic wise, does Moeller's location have any nearby grade school(s) comparable to Visitation (seems to be Elder's 'most talented') ?
All Saints and Moeller basically are on the same campus. It's literally right next door.

They are fed from a ton of eastside and northern burb Catholic feeder schools. They are in a great spot to recruit north, south, east and west.

Some Catholic grade schools close to Moeller: All Saints, St. Columban, St. Margaret of York, St. Gertrude, St. Vincent, St. Michael. In the 70s and 80s, Moe got a lot of athletes from St. John Deer Park and St. Savior in Rossmoyne. But these two schools have long been closed or merged with others and I don't know the current configuration of school name, which building is in use, etc. Both churches still exist, I think.
In addition, many big area public Junior High / Middle Schools close to Moe - Sycamore, Indian Hill, Madeira, Deer Park, Cincinnati Public Schools (Silverton, Pleasant Ridge), others.

Freshman good player? Freshman standout? How would you describe a freshman that plays on Varsity in the GCL in multiple sports?
My son (current freshman at St X) has played against Estep several times over the past couple of years and he is pretty good. Quick with a pretty good jumper and plays hard. Elder’s freshman team is decent so while there may be a couple of lean years I think they have some kids in the younger grades who may help by the time the current freshmen are seniors. Still not on par with St X and Moeller’s freshman class, IMO.

Elder hasn’t had a multiple sport elite level player in a number of yrs. You live underneath a Large Purple Rock? Solid Player probably,Elite Lmao!

Elder hasn’t had a multiple sport elite level player in a number of yrs. You live underneath a Large Purple Rock? Solid Player probably,Elite Lmao!
More Elder guys just proving my point.

Their lens of "good" is only from what they see on the westside. They think their 8th graders are elite every year because they went 9-1 in the GCYL lol. It's hilarious.

They're all like this. They have zero realism when it comes to evaluating talent.

He just called a freshman who didn't play any meaningful minutes on varsity in any sport elite.

Ironically, the kid they let walk back to CovCath might get there. But he was an outsider not part of the in-crowd.

You got some serious issues man. You have a problem with a 15 year old? I’m not even an elder guy but Estep is a hell of an athlete and someone that every Elder fan should be excited about.

You got some serious issues man. You have a problem with a 15 year old? I’m not even an elder guy but Estep is a hell of an athlete and someone that every Elder fan should be excited about.
I have zero issue with the kid. I said he's a good player, and he is.

But when an Elder homer starts calling him "elite", then I'm going to set the record straight. Point your ire where it should go, back on the crazy talk of the Elder homers.

Also, they did let Queen walk because of the typical BS that happens over there. And that kid is going to be really good. Watch and see. Elder doesn't have the luxury anymore to let their best athletes walk.

You got some serious issues man. You have a problem with a 15 year old? I’m not even an elder guy but Estep is a hell of an athlete and
Nobody has a problem with the 15 yr old or his skill level at any Sport. The word elite is moronic by this particular Elder Blow Hard! Name the last Elite Multi Sport athlete to come out of Elder HS? Elder has very solid Teams across the board imo but I believe their Elite Multi Sport athletes are few and far between. This is how they choose to operate and that’s ok with most people just not a lot of their parents and fans.