Springfield Wrestling 2014/2015

Also Springfield is hosting the jr high league championship this year as well as a dual tournament for the jr high. Hopefully this will drum up some more interest.
Now that is something to talk about. Congrats. I havnt been to the new school yet but the way its set up it looks like a great place for tourneys

We could hold a 24 team dual meet if we had the volunteers. We are headed to one this weekend in Pittsburgh. 24 teams × $550 is 3 billion dollars. That could fund new warmups, singlets and keep me out of that bingo hall for a while.

Are you taking your kid to St V for school next year? I heard he is a very good wrastler. Just curious if you are taking him what is the dominate factor for doing so?

At the youth practice with zach tonight. Trust and believe DJ is doing a great job with the youngsters.

Those kids are all tremendous athletes. I would only tag one of them with an elite wrestler badge. Please spare me with records and accomplishments (well aware). Truth is to be elite, you cant do both. Btw, the one kid on your list that most would consider the exception, was in a wrestling gym during football season illegally.

How is it illegal to be in a wrestling gym? Did he sneak in? Was it closed?

I think I speak for the masses when I say "yappi is a better place when lfd is reading posts instead of commenting on them". You're welcome yappi.:party:
TAKE THAT BACK!!! LFD keeps the threads going .....Sounds like we may have a three way battle here on whos kids are the best athletes... lol. You two stop snapping at one another.... both of you have valid points. I do believe if you are part of a team you should be with your team full time then after the season do whats best for your kid. It kind of undermines a coaches ability to have athorita. But on the other hand Springfield needs to expand its horizon offering better opportunity's to good athletes in the off season.

TAKE THAT BACK!!! LFD keeps the threads going .....Sounds like we may have a three way battle here on whos kids are the best athletes... lol. You two stop snapping at one another.... both of you have valid points. I do believe if you are part of a team you should be with your team full time then after the season do whats best for your kid. It kind of undermines a coaches ability to have athorita. But on the other hand Springfield needs to expand its horizon offering better opportunity's to good athletes in the off season.

Best athlete? My kid is as athletic as rudy. The lateral movement of an alligator. I half heartedly agree with what your saying because wrestling is an individual sport. Ohsaa just recently added a team state championship and attending it is optional. I believe it will run it's course before my kid graduates.

Additional thought. Keeping a thread going is great but if your going to mix it up on here with me, #1 come at me with cold hard facts #2 make sure your skin is thick enough to go the distance and #3 if your not positive about what your bringing to the table, then dont bring it. I don't comment on football or basketball or baseball because I just dont know enough to have an educated discussion. I do have plenty to say about wrestling and softball however

His goal is 152. He's sitting about 10lbs over that, but should alpha test below. The competition at 152 is always good. I don't know who's gonna be at 152 for anyone other than Coventry, and that kids a beast.
Like always, placing in the PTC tournament will be tough. Lots of good programs.

#2 is wrestling again and he is already the real deal. Cant wait till tomorrow to see him go live vs. Some hammers.

Just got back from the scrimmage at revere. I'm not sure how to grade them but overall im thinking c-. If I had to give an award for a stand out wrestler, id give it to #2. He's still in football shape but I saw glimmers of the kid I used to watch back in the day.

I saw bg2 last night at local fitness joint all layered up cutting some weight (I was doing the same thing). Nice to see at least somebody on the team making an effort.

Sparta kicks off their season this weekend at the Lake duals. Its going to be a tough one. A couple federal league teams are sending there jv teams which is bush if you ask me.

Tough dual last night with Coventry and Norton. I didn't go but I heard we got trucked by Norton and lost to Coventry 37-33. It sounded like we gave up alot of bonus points by giving up pins and techs.