Springfield at Ellet predictions

What kind of offense does Ellet have? Springfield Has a good QB and receivers.

Ellet 20
SHS 20

Last edited:
Orangeguys 42
Springfield 6

Where are all the Spartan fans at? This used to be a heated, trash talking week. All I hear now are crickets.

3 of 4 DB's from last year return, CB's Cle'Von Burch and JaeVante Ray, and S Maurice Mackey.

Burch is the shortest at 5-9. Ray and Mackey are right around 6'.

Ellet will have a good passing game of they attempt a pass. Usually they just pound the ball especially against shs. They have two very very fast good running backs. birch had 5 TDs rushing against Springfield two years ago

From what I've seen, the Spartans still have some developing to do as a unit on defense. Honestly, they looked pretty good in their 7 on 7's, great against Timken, and not so great against East. Time will tell I guess.

I hope the Spartans do well....They do have some kick helmets. lol. I remember coach Rizzo used to tell us back in the Ellet pee wee days... when you look good you play good. ...lol. Thats when we had bingo money out the yin yang.

Spartans didn't look as bad as normal. It was 49-14 late in game... They should win 4 or 5 in their league

I didnt go to the game , but from the score they probably couldn't stop Ellets run game. Until Springfield can get some speed or some players that can swarm the ball its a long road against any team with fast RBs.

I didnt go to the game , but from the score they probably couldn't stop Ellets run game. Until Springfield can get some speed or some players that can swarm the ball its a long road against any team with fast RBs.
Never mind.....I just read the beacon.

I think this year's Springfield can be better than last years. While two of their TD's came in the last five minutes against Ellet's second string, they were able to move the ball at times in the first half.

They have pretty good sized on the lines (bigger than Ellet was). The qb, James looked solid some times and bad at others. Running back Bruce George ran hard all night. Elijah Bell could be a serious weapon but is waaaay underutilized in my opinion.

Defensive line played ok, need more from the LB's and DB's.
This is a young team, only counted 9 seniors on the roster. If they continue to improve and find a few more athletes they'll be ok in the future.

Question is though, if they struggle through a 2-3 in season, will Kevin Vaughn be back? Does Sparta even want him back?

Kevin aint going anywhere....nice try lol.You been to the high school lately? Its gonna turn around soon.

Wasn't trying anything, have just been under the impression that patience is wearing thin with some of the Spartan faithful. Whenever I talk to anyone over there it seems 50/50 on their feelings for the guy.

He can stay there forever if he likes, not necessarily my choice as heir apparent to Yost.

I have indeed been to the school. You win with players, not new buildings.
I've seen the youth, beyond the 9th grade class there isn't much there.
Hoping for a bunch of transfers?

We dont have the transfer feeder system....APS.....anything goes and anywhere. It isnt wearing thin on me because I know what our athletes consist of. Coaches cant turn lead into gold, but he tries hard ...really hard! And the faithful you talk about must be the MOMS. lol. Nice schools bring in students....we still have a zhit load open enrolling to other districts. Need to get them back some way and the schools will do it in time.

I thought they looked good. I see a lot of potential this year. They seem to have good locker room chemistry this year and I think that's huge for them. They made an adjustment in the first half and started really moving the ball. Then came out in the 3rd quarter with a different strategy that didn't work. They never went back to what was working..not sure why. Score easily could have been 42-35 if the refs didn't live in Ellet.....and that's all I'm gonna say about that...GO SPARTANS!!

Orangeman, thanks for the props to my boy running the ball. He was super nervous before the game. I thought he looked good, but you know, I'm dad....

LFD203 get your boy to become a team leader and get him running track! I always said he has good vision.....I know you taped it....let me get a look. I see him crossing the road all the time in front your house...he is getting some some size on his frame.

I think the Spartans will be fine, they didn't get down or seem to give up like they have the past several years. They seem to be growing as a team and are still pretty young.
J.V. Game is here http://youtu.be/QbJyAJtlZ8s , I should have the varsity game up by Tuesday and will link it as well.

I think the Spartans will be fine, they didn't get down or seem to give up like they have the past several years. They seem to be growing as a team and are still pretty young.
J.V. Game is here http://youtu.be/QbJyAJtlZ8s , I should have the varsity game up by Tuesday and will link it as well.
They looked very good besides the corners looking like dear in headlights, and special teams...bad. I havnt seen a JV team play that good in a long time. Must of got a new JV coach lol

Nice tape man...

46 Zach Weaver, and yes Rogers is playing. He is working his way back from an injury. He did play Varsity against Ellet. He should really help out the defensive secondary. He's got good speed.

Weaver was the JV Quarterback last year. Ragemaker has a bunch of those games on his youtube account if you want to see him from last year.

LFD interesting thoughts on potential score..... Ellet wins penalty battle 90% of games because they are the most discipline team on the field every game