Spartans vs Coventry

Coventry has been playing very well this year. They have a great passing threat. I'm not sure their defense is all that good, but they seem to be scoring well this year. I don't see a low scoring game here like last week. Hopefully the offensive game plan is good. I know this group can move the ball if given the opportunity.

Having seen both teams play Mogadore, I would say Coventry wins by 10-14 points.

I would rather Springfield win and hope they do, just being realistic.

If we can keep from throwing 4 picks like we did against Mogadore, I think it's a close game. We'll see. I think we'll have to score 28 to win it. Our passing game took another hit this week with Bells replacement breaking 2 bones in his hand.....We're running out of receivers there for sure. Looks like the hot target will be the #3 for both teams. #4 has been playing better the last 2 weeks too. I gotta give him his props.

Yep. 27-21....it was 27-7 in the 4th quarter and Coventry made it interesting. Good win for the Spartans. Wish we could have the Kent game back.....

Congratulations Springfield. Happy you won. Good win too, as Coventry is having a good year.

Is weaver a 10th grader? Him and LFDs boy are gonna be the zhit the next two years. He has some wheels. How many pics on the year?

yes, Weaver is in 10th grade also.

We threw 2 more picks last night. So that's 10 in 3 games I know of. I don't think this team had a single turnover before the Mogadore game. 4 vs Field, 4 vs Mogadore and 2 last night. I don't remember that being an issue against Kent though.

There were 2 ugly no calls for pushing off of the defender while the ball was in the air last night. Both were in the end zone. Coventry didn't protect the ball very well last night. Our defense actually played well, even with the loss of 2 of the starting LB's. Trever Scott came in and did a great job at middle. Lots of underclassmen making plays out there last night. Good to see. I think the line next year will be the question mark against the competition. There's a lot of Seniors up front for us this year.