RIP Jim Brown

I'm old enough to have watched him play and he was my 1st "favorite player". I was surprised to hear he was the 6th player taken in the 1957 draft. I had to look up the 1st 5 picks and they weren't too shabby. #1Paul Hornung #2 Jon Arnett #3John Brodie #4 Ron Kramer #5 Lenny Dawson

I'm old enough to have watched him play and he was my 1st "favorite player". I was surprised to hear he was the 6th player taken in the 1957 draft. I had to look up the 1st 5 picks and they weren't too shabby. #1Paul Hornung #2 Jon Arnett #3John Brodie #4 Ron Kramer #5 Lenny Dawson

Thanks for sharing that information.

That was one complex dude. Athlete, actor, important in the civil rights movement, mentor who brought peace to gang wars, funded many black business startups...yet an occasionally violent man with a hear trigger temper.

I was a little too young to see Jim Brown play. The medium in which I saw him consisted of grainy black and white slow motion replays of him running around, over and through the unlucky opponents who had to try and tackle him. I wish I'd been around to see him in person, or at least on TV in his prime.