Republicans file articles of impeachment against Gov. DeWine

Yappi

Go Buckeyes
Twelve articles of impeachment have been filed against Gov. DeWine by several state representatives over his coronavirus response, claiming the governor used his "abuse of executive power."

Republican state representative John Becker, of Clermont County, led the effort and he was joined in the filing by Republican representatives Candice Keller of Middletown, Paul Zeltwanger of Mason and Nino Vitale of Urbana.

Wow from your own party.......
I’m all for it... good riddance.
In a free society in which it’s citizens give politicians power by the consent of the governed, you ASK your citizens to follow certain protocols to deal with emergencies. You don’t pass edicts as if you are a King.

Not surprising. Some of these names are the most far-right leaning/conservative members of the state house...and they rep districts where there's no need to worry about brushback for this political stunt.

Not surprising. Some of these names are the most far-right leaning/conservative members of the state house...and they rep districts where there's no need to worry about brushback for this political stunt.
What districts are they? I'd like to do a bit of analysis on their constituents. Should be interesting.

The Ohio GOP is radical and corrupt. The gerrymandering has created politicians outside the normal political spectrum with no accountability to voters or laws. (i.e. Householder)

I don't think Zeltwanger even ran a campaign..no debates, no signs, no bumper stickers, no interview with local paper...he is just assuming if he bribes the right GOP members the seat is owed to him.

Basically this.

Still, looking forward to BroV's expert analysis lol.

Basically this.

Still, looking forward to BroV's expert analysis lol.
I'll give you it if you can tell me the districts they represent. I'm not that interested in figuring it out myself since I kind of know what I would find anyway,.

Ohio has an excellent history of moderate Rs; Voinovich, Kasich, Dewine... These are all great leaders and have done an excellent job while Governor. And don't tell me the guys are Rinos either. Jim Jordan is a real Rino because he doesn't care about what is best for the party, he only cares about getting on to Fox and grandstanding while he is in front of the cameras. He is Ohio's Republican version of Maxine Waters.

Mike's defense?

"I'd like for them to go in and talk to some nurses, who are frontline nurses, who are dealing with people who are dying. I'd like for them to go talk to some family members - maybe a family that didn't believe that this could happen. Now at Christmas, there will be one less person at their table or more. So, at some point this foolishness has got to stop," said DeWine.

Talk with nurses who are dealing with people dying? Isn't that their job?

Talk to someone who has one less person at the Christmas table? Doesn't that happen every year?

Stop the foolishness? Isn't the foolishness believing you can stop death?

THAT'S his defense? Seriously?

I think Governor DumbArse makes a solid case for impeachment hearings to move forward.

Ohio has an excellent history of moderate Rs; Voinovich, Kasich, Dewine... These are all great leaders and have done an excellent job while Governor. And don't tell me the guys are Rinos either. Jim Jordan is a real Rino because he doesn't care about what is best for the party, he only cares about getting on to Fox and grandstanding while he is in front of the cameras. He is Ohio's Republican version of Maxine Waters.
Ahh you had me up until the last sentence and you went and picked on Auntie Maxine :)

The Ohio GOP lead by criminal Householder who may be voting from prison soon is completely looney toons. What a waste of time and money when they could be focusing on things to help small businesses.

What districts are they? I'd like to do a bit of analysis on their constituents. Should be interesting.

Zeltwanger's in district 56, which is mostly in Warren county including Mason and Lebanon. He just won a third term by 20-25% points.

Keller is in district 53, which is Butler county north of Hamilton with maybe a sliver of Middletown and southern Preble county. The guy that replaced her on the ballot this year won the seat by 35% points.

Becker's district 65 is probably all in Clermont county east of 275. He's leaving office due to term limits, but won his last reelection by nearly 35% points.

Vitale's district 85 contains Urbana, Bellefontaine and Sidney. In his three elections he's run unopposed once and against a write-in candidate once.

All of these people are pretty much playing with house money as far as challenging RINOs/moderates within their own party.

Zeltwanger's in district 56, which is mostly in Warren county including Mason and Lebanon. He just won a third term by 20-25% points.

Keller is in district 53, which is Butler county north of Hamilton with maybe a sliver of Middletown and southern Preble county. The guy that replaced her on the ballot this year won the seat by 35% points.

Becker's district 65 is probably all in Clermont county east of 275. He's leaving office due to term limits, but won his last reelection by nearly 35% points.

Vitale's district 85 contains Urbana, Bellefontaine and Sidney. In his three elections he's run unopposed once and against a write-in candidate once.

All of these people are pretty much playing with house money as far as challenging RINOs/moderates within their own party.
The only one that surprises me is 53. The others make total sense. Vitale in particular is a total kook.

DeWine will face a primary challenge, and not even be on the ballot in 2022. We hate him.

Ohio Trump 53% Biden 45%

Pretty crazy the stupid bastard doesn't have a clue who he represents. Maybe he should run as a Moonbat?

The Ohio GOP lead by criminal Householder who may be voting from prison soon is completely looney toons. What a waste of time and money when they could be focusing on things to help small businesses.
Getting rid of Dewine and his draconian rules will help them.

Getting rid of Dewine and his draconian rules will help them.
Is this DeWine fault? Canceling the Arnold was a good move imo. He is a politician and trying to make descisions based on medical advice. This State continued with high school sports. Mask aren't mandated now are they? I haven't really followed but what do I need to know? I don't think a court will uphold any action taken for mask compliance. I wear them when I enter stores but not when I'm in the parking lot. I see people that don't wear them and that's ok with me also. Is it him or the medical advice being given?

DeWine hasn't been as bad as most of the deep blue state democrat governors. But ultimately he lied to us and wasn't as transparent as he should have been. If it wasn't for that great reporter out of Mansfield we still wouldn't know that anyone had died in an Ohio nursing home.

And DeWine's homespun approach to the press conferences didn't sit well with me.

Mike's defense?

"I'd like for them to go in and talk to some nurses, who are frontline nurses, who are dealing with people who are dying. I'd like for them to go talk to some family members - maybe a family that didn't believe that this could happen. Now at Christmas, there will be one less person at their table or more. So, at some point this foolishness has got to stop," said DeWine.

Talk with nurses who are dealing with people dying? Isn't that their job?

Talk to someone who has one less person at the Christmas table? Doesn't that happen every year?

Stop the foolishness? Isn't the foolishness believing you can stop death?

THAT'S his defense? Seriously?

I think Governor DumbArse makes a solid case for impeachment hearings to move forward.

This is what I hate the most about DeWine's approach to the covid. He is the leader tasked with making tough decisions not waxing all emotional on us.

Like you said we've all experienced much of what he calls out when covid didn't exist. Hell in my family we lost mom & dad within a couple of years of each other which is pretty much the norm for most people. And if we follow DeWine's advice we won't be sitting around the dinner table together at Christmas so I'm not sure what his point is.

And I've got a niece who is a pediatric nurse. You want to talk about heartbreaking experiences.

Is it really foolish to gather together as a family for the holidays? None of us know how long we have left and wouldn't it suck to miss being with family at Thanksgiving & Christmas only to pass away in the spring?

Is this DeWine fault? Canceling the Arnold was a good move imo. He is a politician and trying to make descisions based on medical advice. This State continued with high school sports. Mask aren't mandated now are they? I haven't really followed but what do I need to know? I don't think a court will uphold any action taken for mask compliance. I wear them when I enter stores but not when I'm in the parking lot. I see people that don't wear them and that's ok with me also. Is it him or the medical advice being given?
Hes a scared fool. Typical CYA politician.

1606999135110.png

The only one that surprises me is 53. The others make total sense. Vitale in particular is a total kook.
Keller from 53 is nut. Living in that area, she has made front page news several times over the last couple of years for her antics. She likes to use twitter and offend as many people as possible. You might call her a small town version of Trump. Plus she is on her way out. She didn't even run in November. Pretty sure the guy who won is only 25 and will be the youngest member of the house when he takes office. All of his signs said he was a conservative (not a Republican) and he won in a landslide against the democratic challenger.