Read the lawsuit

According to the Enquirer, this was the message from Marshall Hyzdu to parents:

As of today, February 4, 2021, Mike Asbeck has been terminated as an employee of Moeller High School. It is a personnel matter, so we can not go into any detail, but please know it did not involve any students.

We will begin a search for a new athletic director next month, but until we have a replacement, I will be stepping in as athletic director.

Just saw online that Asbeck is out. Naturally, there is the question of “why”? It must have been something pretty significant to get terminated. I guess Hyzdu will be guiding the ship now.

I believe there were police involved after a physical altercation with another adult employee. I think his son is a student there so feel for him.

Last edited:
I believe there were police involved after a physical altercation with another adult employee. I think his son is a student there so feel for him.

this is accurate...but the incident stems from something else that he should have taken care of, but didnt

I believe there were police involved after a physical altercation with another adult employee. I think your son has a student there so feel for him.
[/QUOTE
The real questions is do other heads roll like the principal/coach?

So ultimately Asbeck was immediately terminated for failure to perform his duties?

Isn't that typically why anyone would lose their job? Nothing gets by you Elder guys!

Didn't Elder already beat Moeller? Plus if any criminal conduct by AD (like stealing $$$ ;)) I'm sure Kremer will pen another letter in support just like he did for that crimimal Galemmo . . .

So are you saying the guy stole money, if so, he got rightfully fired? What does that have to do with Kremer and the basketball program?

I have heard from multiple sources that the altercation related to the discovery of some missing, shall I say, funds. Doesn't have anything to do with Kremer other than he is principal and has shown a propensity to support people that steal $$ in the past. Did Elder beat Moeller?
Nothing to do with missing funds. Yes Elder beat Moeller at the Pit. Let's see what happens tonight, Albo.

I guess Big Al's multiple sources work at CNN

... Plus if any criminal conduct by AD (like stealing $$$ ;)) I'm sure Kremer will pen another letter in support just like he did for that crimimal Galemmo . . .
Making a statement like this is liable. You really should be more careful with posting accusations.

No other heads will roll. Asbeck has been a hot head since he was brought to Moeller by Carlson when he was the Principal. I'm surprised he lasted as long as he did with his temper and blow-ups that he had over the years. No word on what the reason for the firing so whatever it was it must have been agreed upon Moeller and Asbeck not to discuss it. I'm sure whatever the reason it was self inflected by Asbeck. It's going to be interesting to see who they fill the AD spot with. Being the AD at Moe is a good job so I'm sure there will be plenty of people applying. GBM!

What lawsuit are you speaking of? He got fired for rape allegations?

EDIT - just found the article. Woah boy....not good for the administration if true.

Last edited:
I want to be very cautious in how I comment about this because the ALLEGED offenses are very serious, I don’t want to be perceived as dismissive to the gravity of the situation.

However, just applying logic and speaking to some people who have some background on this, I’d offer some questions/critiques (and I won’t name individuals but most of you know who they are).

This is strictly a civil suit. No criminal charges have been brought and apparently no criminal complaint was ever filed. If the plaintiff was allegedly raped, why was there no criminal complaint and/or charges filed?

From what I’ve been told, there was some “impropriety” on both parties and now the plaintiff feels jilted and is seeking damages. IF all of the allegations are true, then heads better roll and it starts at the top. I need not say anymore. However, we’ve only heard one side of the story (publicly) and we all know how that works. The truth is probably somewhere in the middle. Regardless, this is an ugly situation and I at least take solace in the fact that the aggravating parties are no longer affiliated with Moeller.

Last edited:
One, this is strictly a civil suit. No criminal charges have been brought and apparently no criminal complaint was ever filed. If the plaintiff was allegedly raped, why was there no criminal complaint and/or charges filed?
Information about this aspect was reported by Fox 19 a few days ago:

A spokeswoman for the Hamilton County Prosecutor’s Office responded: “The situation was brought to our attention – though not formally referred to us for prosecution – and the prosecuting witness was not interested in pursuing criminal charges.”

The spokeswoman, Amy Clausing, elaborated: “This was back in March of 2021. It’s my understanding that the Archdiocese reached out to us to inform us that these allegations had been made.

“I do not believe law enforcement was contacted by the prosecuting witness.... I can say that nothing was referred to us by law enforcement. The prosecuting witness, through her civil attorney, told us she did not want to pursue criminal charges. Without her cooperation, there was nothing else for us to go on, so the matter was closed out.”

The woman’s attorney, Angela Wallace, wrote in an email to FOX19 NOW Monday:

“The sexual assault was reported to the Hamilton County Prosecutor’s Office. We worked with the Prosecutor’s Office to determine the best path forward. In the end, my client felt that (the former supervisor’s) family, including his young children, would suffer the greatest punishment from any criminal prosecution. In consideration of (his) family, my client decided to forgo criminal prosecution.