R4 Predictions

I haven't seen Springboro but it they lose in their bracket I think that would be to Lakota West. They have been a little inconsistent but they could make a run.

I don’t see a path where Moeller doesn’t make it to Regionals. They arguably have the two best players in the city in Poppell and Cooper and their CB combo of Segal and Miller are great too. They easily have the best Defense and Midfield in the state and there isn’t a team I’ve seen that matches up well against them. People will say they have problems scoring but they have scored in every game and have 70+ goals scored on the year, a record for them. All while pitching 117 or 18 straight shut outs. Their starters haven’t given up a goal and the team has given up 1 all year.

they most likely meet up with Centerville in the Regional Semi-Finals … unless something fluky happens that you only see in soccer. I guess Mason could trip up Centerville. They have Kellan Ren back from injury and that poses a strong midfield of Ren, Paul and Mitiek. Marcos Neto is dangerous. Centerville’s strength is defense, not midfield or offense. St. X really controlled possession vs Centerville, which wasn’t much of a threat to score. They are very beatable of you neutralize the counter and lock up set pieces. If they do meet up again it’s highly unlikely there’s a PK in the first 30 seconds so the game will be played much tighter. I still think Centerville finds a way to advance. Centerville will do enough to find a goal through Gaydosh, Miller or Bucher. Mason most likely would have to get past Elder too.

The other side of the bracket is more tricky as the bracket is littered with Jekyl and Hyde’s. I do think St. X is the best of the bunch in that bracket and will likely make it through. They have enough quality players and athletes to advance. Someone strong defensively like Turpin could give them trouble but I don’t see Walnut Hills beating them despite the play of Roman Girandola

Anderson or West could give Springboro a game. West can surprise almost anyone, but can also be surprised. They are really young and probably a year away from being really good. They are more of a counter type of team and use speed up top to score with Boyd and Hagaman. Springboro is solid, not spectacular and I’m not sure they can score enough to make a deep tourney run. They might be the most consistent of the bunch.

I’ll say Moeller v. Centerville and St. X v. West with a GCL rematch in the Regional Final and Moeller advancing to State.

This should be the year for Moeller. They are the standout of R4. Columbus doesn't seem to have a single dominant team that I think can beat them in the semis. The state final should be Moeller vs Iggy/Medina and I like Moeller to take it.

Moeller is far and away the strongest team in R4 but crazy things can and do happen in soccer. Moeller is one injury or harsh ref decision away from being vulnerable. Last night, for example, the Moe GK could have received a red card during a skirmish at the end of the game against Fairfield, which would have changed things massively for the matchup against Beavercreek.

Centerville and Mason face off on Saturday. The Elks gave them a beatdown during the regular season 5-0.

Droopy I agree. Game did get a little crazy and good thing that happened with under a minute to go or who knows what would have happened. It was a very aggressive game from the start. With both teams getting carded early. I think the referee made a good decision to in my opinion kind of stall with the red card and let the clock run out. Nothing good was going to happen after that play. I was watching the play at the other end and then all of sudden I see the GK up at midfield having words with a Fairfield player . There was too much going on to see everything but he has to not put himself in that situation. There is too much on the line for Moeller at this point . I will say for a 7-0 game it was very interesting and intense. On to Beavercreek!