Question about Lake Football?

fevertime

I heard a rumor, that Piporo was ask to join the H.S. football team for his fast running speed by Durbin and a few other coaches that knows how fast he is on the baseball field, but seeing how he has never played football , will they actually play him? Granted he is a natural when it comes to sports and he more than likely would be the fastest in the area, but will they play him or sit him out?

huh?

I'm on the football team and am in contact daily with our Captains and coaches...And I havn't heard one thing on this kid...He seems like a decent athlete and I'll be very welcoming to him. He might play, He might not, It all depends on how he looks. Remeber Drew Logan had the same situation and look how he turned out...:)..But yeah, this could be intresting, I'll ask around..

Thanks for letting me know. I had just heard this as a rumor, not sure how much truth is in it. I had never heard of the coaches wanting someone that has never played before, just because he is fast. But it could be! I did forget about Logan. And turned out to be really outstanding! Please keep me posted. Thanks

Yeah! it is true but they had asked last spring, and he did not play. I know people that know him & can't believe his speed they said he was clocked at 3.3 or 3.4 seconds in between bases! That kid is going places in baseball alone, Football ? It would not suprise me there either!

I dont know if its true but I heard he might not be able to play any sports his senior year because of his age. Isnt he a soph this year? I think he should be a junior maybe even senior this year, the rule is if you turn 19 before the start of your senior year you cant participate in ohsaa athletic events.

Yeah, that is true too, his age will hurt him his senior year. what a shame too he has alot of talent not to be able to do sports his last year of school. I know that he is already getting noticed just for baseball. So it may not hurt him that much!