QB for 2012 and beyond???

I wouldn't count Thompson out just yet at qb either. Rumor has it he's been penciled in at qb but has to prove himself at the high school level.

Supposedly he started at qb in middle school and won back to back titles with Colerains Alfred Ramsby as his go-to reciever and backup qb. The kid has an awesome arm, is composed and agile under pressure, and will tuck the ball and run if flushed out of the pocket.

I'm pretty sure he is a problem for the Lasalle coaching staff because his ability on the defensive side of ball which presents a challenge in how best to use him.

One thing is for sure, if Grippa doesn't make the RIGHT CHOICE in who will start at qb for the Lancers this next season is sure to be a repeat of last year. This 2012 team has enough talent on both sides of the ball to go deep into the playoffs but it all starts with the head coach giving us a qb that can move the ball down the field.

From Grippa's mouth-

TSF: How about you offense?

Grippa: Our quarterback situation will be competitive. The senior will be Brad Burkhart, who was a two-year starter on defense. Brad is the best athlete and I’ve already told him that you are number one going in. If he does what he should do then he will be the starting quarterback. I really like my sophomore quarterback (going to be a junior), Jake Meyer. Jake has a great arm. He’s kind of a cross between Drew Kummer and Brendan Jones. He just has to grow up. He is just a kid. He is not a little guy (6-foot-2) back there and has a cannon for an arm. He gives us that pocket game that we love to throw at people.

Looks like it comes down to these two, I guess I was wrong on Thompson. I wouldn't count him out yet.

It's amazing to me that LaSalle keeps moving kids to play QB when they get to be Seniors...there is a lot to digest as a QB...don't you think that hurts you guys each year that you do that?

for ROLLTIDE22 this is Cameron thanks for the support bud

Sorry.... Don't take it personal, it's not about you or I, it's about what's best for the team. That is my opinion for what is best for the TEAM.

You still have the support of "Joe Dirt!" You should send that guy a jersey!

hey all i wanted was for him to get a look. I'm cool with Burkhart being the QB. I still think its way too early to tell him he's the starting QB and not giving others a shot. I thought you were supposed to earn your starting spot. But from what I hear about other spots on the team, it's the same way across the board.

13 is "unlucky" so I'll pass on the jersey!!

We've moved a little closer to the beginning of Summer workouts. Has any of your opinions changed? What does the starting defense look like?